• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 6

Started by threestooges, June 24, 2009, 12:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Some recent computer issues (this is what I get for waiting to edit them) is preventing me from making a fancier presentation, but here is, straight from GRV: The Pines Resort.

[These same computer issues presently make it difficult to access SC4 and some pictures (a decent/current overview and region shot) are not currently available. I will try to get it taken care of, but this may be it for now.]

Losated in the north, taking advantage of a quiet, pine-covered island, visitors and locals alike are invited to stay and play at one of the most exquisite resorts in the area. The main resort building is home to a spa, several restaurants, gym, indoor pool (yes, it's by the beach, but there are days when the weather is bad, not many, but some). There is a secondary tower that is less expensive for those who want the resort experience but can't afford the cost of the main tower's suites. All rooms have ocean views. Some look out across the bay to the city, some out across the island to the ocean, and, in the secondary tower, down along the coast to the south, or at the mountains, and Route 1, to the north. While there is the large white sand beach across the bay, the resort, rooted in nature, has its own paths to its private natural beaches, which are less crowded, and just as good as the main beach (the conceirge service supplying these beaches with whatever the guests may need doesn't hurt either.

However, for those who really want to get away from it all for an opulent experience with a private beach (like the visiting mayors and governor who will be the first guests) there is a private mansion available for rent. Usually rented by the week, feel free to host parties, weddings, or any other special events here too.

Sheltering the bay on one side is a commercial pier where some of the freshest fish in the region can be found.

Taking advantage of that local source of fish, and amazing views, is the River Pines Restaurant. Some days you can actually find the chef on the little pier extension fishing for the night's fare himself. A full bar, fine food, and a relaxing atmosphere, this restaurant is a fine place to end any day.

The base of the pier marks the start of the longest white sand beach in the area. Sand, surf, sun. What more needs to be said?

The beach extends along the coast and the locals couldn't help but build as close to it as they can. Easements were retained to maintain easy access to the beach by the public and it is enjoyed by resident and tourist alike.

Here is an overview (Zoom 2) of the area. This fits in all three areas (restaurant: at the end of the pier, Hotel: on the island, and beach: starting at the foot of the pier).

This is the latest satellite image of the area. Census data reports that the area has topped 30,000 residents. We believe it will continue to grow as the region develops as a whole.

Lastly, as an example of this optimism, here's a pic of the open crossing of the river. The checkpoints are still in place, but traffic now flows freely between the two sides. Time will tell how much growth will occur as a result.

That should (finally) conclude our trip around the region for Challenge 6. Looking forward to thoughts and comments.

threestooges

Quick note to say I haven't forgotten about this, just haven't been able to get SC4 up and running on this new HD yet. Should be going soon though. If all goes well, hopefully I'll have it before midnight here.
-Matt

Pat

LoL Matt you have me a bit tad confussed here with you had a update to possibly having one lol.... Either way it looks great here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

turtle

Hello Threestooges

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: Looks good and sufficient. 4 points

2. Beach: Nice work on the beach. you've done a great job on blending it with the beach mod. 4 points

3. Hotel: A great set of hotels. I wonder how to get there though. 4 points

4. Restaurant: Great work on the pier. I love fish food. 5 points

This gives a total of 17 points
My name is Thomas...

soulchaser

Hi Threestooges,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: That's exactly what I missed about most of the "Toll"-Checkpoints. 5 Pts.
2. Beach: I like the beach, but this might be because of the time of the year. And it's a bit too much "90°" 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: I like your hotel and the overall look, but I don't like those ferry-only islands 4 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Great choice of BAT and very good placement. 4 Pts.

I have to give another -1 Pts. because the hotel and the restaurant both mean a loooooong walk. And I'm not sure how cars are supposed to reach the island.

That's a total of 16 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - excellent border crossing. 5 pts
2. Beach - beach is a bit empty with little to offer in the way of facilities 3 pts
3. Hotel - great choice of building. Could have done without the roads at each side though  4 pts
4. Restaurant - not sure I would want to eat there too often  4 pts

Total points: 16
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Everyone gets a four it seems  ::) 

Beach - 4 - Nice large beach and long boardwalk. The details you put out int he water are good. Bunches of people on the board walk but no one on the beach? 

Hotel - 5 - I like the hotels. You've used them to their best advantage. They all look and play the part in the scene. I also thought the private Mansion was a good idea. This is where the governor get's together with the Mayor's for their annual meeting and job performance reviews (while the wives walk the pier or lay on the beach)

Restaurant - 5 - I agree. This restaurant does look like a fine place to end any day.

Points = 18
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)