• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo GRVII - Challenge 6

Started by metarvo, June 24, 2009, 07:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

This is where Challenge 6 will be posted when it is done.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

metarvo

Challenge 6

Finally, the Governor and the Mayor were able to bring the awful separation to an end.  This was a cause for celebration, one that would involve the Governor and his wife visiting Bordertown, but there was one problem.  The entire Bordertown area had no suitable places for an event like this.  A beach resort would be built, that would include a hotel and restaurant, but only on the condition that it would be built in the South.  The South still claimed that the North owed them for causing all of this pain and suffering, so a beach built with the Governor's money would be the price that was demanded.  Here is a distant shot of the Grand Beach Resort in Tile L.

Tile L was chosen, both because of its coast on the Level Ocean and its proximity to the North.  Despite being located in the southern half of this tile, Grand Beach is meant for all Bordertown-area residents, whether they are from the North or South.

This is the beachfront walkway.  Although it is small and empty for now, one day it will probably be lined with shops of all kinds.

The Coral Gables hotel, a GooberGen property, provides only the finest accomodations for Grand Beach Resort visitors.

Those that don't stay up all night enjoying the luxuries at Coral Gables usually wake up early and go up to the roof to see the breathtaking sunrise over the ocean.

Here at the Cafe Roman, also a GooberGen property, visitors can enjoy the finest food.  Here is the restaurant at noon.

Live entertainment is provided nightly at Cafe Roman, and those who are guests at Coral Gables automatically get special discounts.

Here is the I.L.R.R. checkpoint in the North.  The gate has been removed, but the building remains as a reminder.

Here is the region map.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Hey metravo great update here and I loved your beach there, looks soo relaxing now!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Hi Metarvo,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: For a rail checkpoint, this seems ok, tho the gates are a bit strange. 3 Pts.
2. Beach: I love the set beaches and how they fit to the rest of this peninsula. So there are almost "endless" beaches. 5 Pts.
3. Hotel: Nice choice, but it seems a bit far away from everywhere. 3 Pts.
4. Restaurant: Great set, bit the same problem as the Hotel. 3 Pts.

That's a total of 14 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

turtle

Hello Metarvo

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: A simple checkpoint, that could have been integrated better. 3 points

2. Beach: Nice integration with the environment. A bit empty though. 4 points

3. Hotel: Nice bat. But too lonely. 3 points

4. Restaurant: I like the atmosphere of the restaurants. but the setting is not the best for W2W 3 points

This gives a total of 13 points
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - can't see any way to check anything 3pts
2. Beach - Beach is a bit lacking in amenities 3 pts
3. Hotel - A luxury hotel but poorly placed with little around it 3 pts
4. Restaurant - Not my idea of a luxury restaurant 3pts

Total points: 12
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

Border crossing for rail: it seems like the engineer would know to stop and I don't think a gate would stop anyone intending to run the border in a train. I'll give it a 4.

Hotel: It's a good BAT, but it seems to be missing surrounding details. 3 points

Beach: The wide open expanses of sand are a definate plus, but the angulation of the water at the shore, and the minimal amenities take away from the scene a bit. 3 points

Restaurant: Not  bad BAT, but it could take better advantage of that ocean view just a few hundred meters away. 3 points.

Total: 13 points.

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Basically about the same as the others. A simple building that controls the flow of people back and forth. 

Beach - 3 - I like laying on the beach. Feeling the warmth of the sun. Listening to the surf. The children gleefully splasing around in the shallow water. This beach doesn't bring any of that to mind. A few blankets - the maxis LE sand does not match up with the terrain sand.

Hotel - 3 - A great bat choice for the resort hotel.  All that is needed is an adjacent golf course, some tennis courts, etc. . .     

Restaurant - 3 - Looks out of place against the towering car parks.

Points = 13
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)