• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 6A - Short Break <whew!>

Started by jmyers2043, July 11, 2009, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Part 1 Region Views

Quote1 Regional picture where we can see the whole region and also the population in Satelite View.

Quote1 Regional picture where we can see the whole region and also the population in Transportationmap View.

QuoteThis is to see the agricultural percentage of your region

I hope the governor remembers that I've been experimenting with timber farms in the northern half of this region. These timber forests account for the majority of farm zones in the northern tiles. I could have, on the other hand, just waved my hand around willy nilly and planted trees to my hearts delight and merely said - there - timber industry. But that's not my style.

Part 2 City View

Quote1 Picture in view 1 of the citytile indicating the popluation of minimum 40K sims.

Whimperthorpe - Tile M. This is the city with a rebel requirement to make a brown scape of tenement buildings (remember challenge 5?). I literally made every residence 'historical' to accomplish that goal. Basically, if a ranch house grew where I wanted a ranch house to be - bingo - historical. If a tenement grew where I wanted it to be - bingo - historical. That was good at the time. Demands by the rebel leader were met. But the governor wants growth. What to do? Well, Whimperthorpe needs to grow in the traditional Simcity way to achieve the numbers required by the governor. Time to make all those buidings 'unhistorical' so they can upgrade. 

Mayor uses Magical Zoning Powers

For 10 minutes I clicked, pored over mysterious and arcane plat sheets, and deciphered long-forgotten building codes.  My mouse finger and thumb ached and throbbed. There has got to be a better way. Then I remembered.  I have at my disposal the mysterious City Zoning Amulet.

"Behold!" I said as I held the solid gold amulet over my head.

"With this tool, the power of zoning comes! Through me, the power of zoning flows!" 

I held the glowing amulet aloft and began transmuting neighborhoods of low-income brown tenements into high wealth, single-family, residential districts with adjoining parks and office buildings reaching for the sky. The results? 67,000+ wealthy and happy Sims. All is well in GRVII.

BTW - The major challenge 5 elements are still there e.g. Shopping Mall, Prison, tramline, etc. . . . A few brown buildings are still in place. 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

M4346

That's no small feat!  ;D

Although I don't know whether those skyscrapers are eye-candy, or an eye-sore!  &mmm
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

newsimaddict

Oh my brown buildings! Well in all fairness, civilisation moves on and the residents were bound to become wealthy over time. Your pics and new lots in your other thread look really good Jim!