• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

7.5) Maps - A question of quality

Started by soulchaser, July 30, 2009, 06:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

I'm recently trying to "map" the whole region.

For the first try, this is some photoshopping on the traffic view. It's easy and fast, but I'm not satisfied.

Doing this by hand will take some time.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

art128

Hey soulchaser, That's a great view you have there, but If I can I suggest to you to follow this tutorial update made by my friend Geoff (CalibanX) in his MD Monument Valley. [here's the link]
I hope I help you with the map.
I've also read all your GRVII works, and you've done a fantastic job, looking forward to more and the map(s)
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

soulchaser

I'm glad you like it.

The tutorial is good, but I don't have those tools. I'm simply working with GIMP, when it comes to photoshopping ( I'm not sure if anybody would understand GIMPing  :P ).

I'm also working on some Vector-Maps, using ArcGIS, but this takes some time. Here you can see my recent work on this.

And by the way: I hate it, that I don't have the patience to draw straight lines^^

Recently Iced

soulchaser

Finally I finished my work on the map....whohoo...that has taken me some hours!

I didn't print the streets, that are only agricultural paths! I think that it looks better!

Recently Iced

blade2k5

I think both maps look great :thumbsup: nice work &apls  I do have a question though.  How did you make the 'circular' farms?

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

soulchaser

Thank you!

These 'circular' farms are normal farms, set into circular streets, which follow the outer line of a civic building like the small firedepartment, which was placed in the center.

I found a tutorial by wouanagaine right here on simtropolis (it's about the sixth post in the thread). it's quite timeconsuming, but easy ;)

Recently Iced

blade2k5

Thanks for the link, I'll have to go check that out.  I asked because I've never seen circular farming in the game before :D 

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.