• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 7 - Economy and Business

Started by BarbyW, August 11, 2009, 08:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Bordertown is at peace and the farms are thriving with many different crops being produced. Many of the farms are small as the farmers wanted to provide more variety in crops rather than a lot of only one type.

A new form of farming was started in Hightown Bay when some aquaculturists arrived to use the natural resources of the clear waters. They have developed the culture of different forms of algae and seaweed that can be used in both the local cuisine and also for natural fertiliser.

There is also squid fishing using strange circular nets. This all takes place close to land as the waters are clearer there.

At the opposite end of the region coal has been discovered and mined in a sensitive way as the city is predominately rural. The roof of the mine building has been covered in a new material that never gets dirty and causes many comments.

Industry has also thrived in certain parts of the region.

Some of the more rural cities have allowed small developments to grow surrounded by trees. These provide mainly High Tech jobs and are clean industries in keeping with the city requirements.

Other cities have more of a mix of industry including the Art Deco building for Pantsdowne Peroxide Inc. This is one of the many buildings designed by Gascooker and is regarded as one of his masterpieces.

cerulean designed Geoffhaw's Texture Studio which is where geoffhaw researches and developes many types of texture for SimCity. You can see some of his experiments in the grounds.

The southern cities have many busy CBDs. Some have many of the new skyscraper buildings dominating the landscape.

Here and there are lower style buildings like this jewel of a department store from the drawing board of simgoober.

In other areas there is a mix of wall to wall buildings, pubs and big box stores like IKEA.

Many of the cities have plazas and parks but this one is especially beautiful giving a lovely green space in the middle of the high rise buildings. It is very popular with the office workers who take their lunch there or just go for a stroll during their lunch break.

I hope you have enjoyed this small look round my region. I am very proud of the cities that have developed without completely destroying the environment.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

Lovely work indeed &apls

Excellent presentation too :thumbsup: A most enjoyable update :thumbsup:

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

soulchaser

Ohh, barby, where did you get those fishing nets? I searched for hours, didn't found any....this is what my dragontrout farm is missin  ()sad()

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

soulchaser: at the moment those lots are only available on the DVD.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

soulchaser

that's what I thought...I might scrape my last money together for this DVD..... :-[

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

metarvo

Good work, Barby!  :thumbsup:  I especially like the area around the department store.  The fish farm also looks good.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 7

Now that you have judged Challenge 6, you know how difficult judging is....;) Glad you understand now and thanks for judging. The judging of Challenge 6 is still open to everyone and will stay so for awhile to give everyone the chance to judge. Just remember, your judgements will only count as long as you have judged all Challenge 6's.
How this challenge (7) was judged can be found in the Challenge 7 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 7 also.
The pointage will follow in a short time and the judging of Challenge 8 will be after that. Then we will get a new Challenge to work on, while giving me the time to get the Challenge 9 judging done. I will have to do my own part of Challenge 8 first before I start judging yours.
Not everyone will get their judgements of Challenge 7 at the same time, so please have some patience so I can do them all, a matter of two or three days only.
Thanks.

1. Unusual for me to see an european industrial sector and kinda hard to judge rightful. Since I visit Europe quite often though, I will do my best. The picture in view 4 is the best looking and more realistic one also, but the one in view 2 is a little too alone standing and too square. Because of your effort I will give you a "barely" 4 points, which is quite good.
2. Wow, your downtown looks great, no doubt. The parkings are goodlooking and the red stone roads just fit in perfectly. A good 4 points. The Ikea store is excellently placed! Looks sharp!
3. Resources, resources.....well. Coal is a good resource and would have very good if it wasn't in such a nice, beautiful and "clean" setting. The surrounding just doesn't look realistic like an industrial Resource, but the fishing resource is looking a lot better. I give you 3 points for it because of the effort.
4. A little "sparce" for a big farming community and what we asked for, and not exactly what I expected to see, but still good work and a good presentation of the agricultural part of your GRV. I gave you 3 pts for this.
5. Nice Central Park worth a good 3 points.

Nicely done challenge in general and good work. I like the *euroway* of SC that you present so well.
You have earned yourself 17 points in this challenge, plus the Bonus point for being ontime. Total 18 points added to your summary. Good Work Barby!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)