• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I looked in the user guide and searched for CAM and camelot, but I found no matches.
Do I need to click the Recompute properties in the context menu?

BarbyW

Select the building exemplar you wish to make a CAMelot and right click to select recompute. Once you have done that you should be taken to the lot exemplar with the new stage showing. All you will be missing at the moment is the CAMelot OGs which are needed to count the numbers of CAMelots in a city. wouanagaine is working on an update that will offer these when you are in the building exemplar. Not sure when that will be released although it should not be too long.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dragonshardz

OK, slightly confused: Does the PIM-X have a Lot Editor component?

If it does, I assume that instructions on accessing the Lot Editor in the PIM-X are in the user guide?

BarbyW

Quote from: dragonshardz on January 06, 2010, 10:42:10 AM
OK, slightly confused: Does the PIM-X have a Lot Editor component?

If it does, I assume that instructions on accessing the Lot Editor in the PIM-X are in the user guide?

As Jonathan said, yes and yes.

crushedcar

I apologize if this has been covered, but I am getting an error when trying to place an object in the Air Candy--Air Object/Building category. The error is a popup box containing a lot of text and a line at the bottom that reads.

QuoteItemOrderForRunway
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "treeDnD.pyo", line 93, in OnData
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2833, in OnDrop
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2903, in CreateAnExamplar
  File "<string>", line 0, in ?
NameError: name 'ItemOrderForRunway' is not defined

This would seem to be an error in the properties list. I know I could make this lot the old fashioned way, but I would prefer to use PIM-X to avoid conflicts with the Functional Airports mod.

wouanagaine

open you settings.ini and add the following line

ItemOrderForRunway=1

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

crushedcar

Did anyone test the air object portion of this? Your fix worked. However now I get a similar error that reads
QuoteNameError: name 'QueryForRunway' is not defined

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

xxdita

Maxis doesn't have any Air Candy lots, so a generic custom query is needed for Runways, Airport Buildings and Airport objects. Also, the Item Orders need to be added for each of those.

So add these lines to the settings.ini
ItemOrderForRunway     = 1
ItenOrderForAirportBuilding=2
ItemOrderForAirportObject=3

1,2 and 3 seemed logical to me.  :P

If you aren't sure about creating a custom query, you can simply use the query for parks. In your settigs.ini Just add the lines
QueryForRunway      = 0x0A562A05
QueryForAirportBuilding=0x0A562A05
QueryForAirportObject=0x0A562A05

gottago

I seem to have hit a grey area not covered in the readme: I made identical plop and a grow lots following RJ's earlier post by lotting the plop first, then cloning a growable from it. The lots will be released so I want to fold the .desc into the lot file, but when I went to Reader to edit exemplars, I saw that the cloned grow lot didn't have a DIR entry and that the IIDs already matched the .desc, and the LCPLO and following had a different structure. What needs to be done to fold the .desc into a cloned growable lot?

Another question, not really PIMX specific, but somewhat related (well, the Reader will be open so both will be dealt with at the same time): the growable will be a CAMeLot so the OG needs to be changed, but what about the plop (which has the same stats and jobs as the growable)? Do you also CAMify plops in such a case?

BarbyW

All you need to do to add the growable desc into the growable lot file is to copy the exemplar from the desc into the lot. Open both in Reader and copy from the desc and paste into the lot file.
The missing DIR is because there are no compressed files so it is redundant.
CAM OGs are not added to ploppables. They only count for growables.

gottago

Easy enough! Thanks Barby for your quick answers.

fafalone

I have the latest GMA drivers from the Intel website for my 945GM chipset (on xp32 mce), and I'm still getting the OpenGL error 1281 (and if left open eventually 1283 joins the fun) with LE-X *only when creating a new lot or attempting to edit certain lots*. I can't identify why some lots cause it and others don't; at first I thought it was size but that turned out to not be it.

It doesn't actually make the lot either apparently. Just creates a ._LooseDesc file.

The inconsistency in when this error occurs is confusing the heck out of me, can anyone shed some light on the matter?

BarbyW

The LooseDesc file is a file created as an intermediate before making the lot. Normally you would right click on that initial file and select "Create a ploppable lot". The lot is then created with the exemplar embedded into the lot file. The LooseDesc should then be deleted.
All I can tell you about the OpenGL error is that during testing we found that older drivers for the graphics card worked better than newer ones and/or that your card does not support some aspect of OpenGL that has been programmed into SC4PIM. Have you checked the OpenGL compatibility using dxdiag?

fafalone

The errors come up right as the LE starts loading after clicking make plopable. The sc4lot never appears and the loosedesc is never deleted.

How do you check compatibility? I can't find a single reference to OpenGL on the dxdiag window. However Intel's website says the 945gm supports OpenGL 1.4 plus extensions.

I'll try a older version of the drivers.

joelyboy911

I have a problem. Well, I think I have a problem at least. When I drag my model (in this case I'm using the blank model) to the Airport Object section, it creates the building exemplar as I want it. That step is working fine. However, when I go to make the lot using SC4PIM, by right clicking and selecting create growable lot it makes the Lot Building Exemplar, but as I have the same problem as fafalone, I am presented with the same string of errors (OpenGL on mouse something-or-other). This means that a LotConfig is not created.

However, I feel certain that I was once able to get a blank lot with basic ground textures from this process, which I was then able to detail in Maxis LE. The only thing that I think has changed since then is the installation of the XML Properties update.

Please don't suggest me to look for the old drivers etc. My computer is a laptop and therefore has onboard graphics. I have tried following the link found by Travis, but it wouldn't install on my computer. I'm looking for a different solution than that. I don't have enough free time to trawl through the (IMO Difficult to navigate) Intel website and though I'm sure the LE-X has many advantages over the Maxis-LE, it isn't a high enough priority for me right now.

EDIT: The plot thickens. Though I had once thought it impossible to edit lots using SC4PIM - I was mistaken. I am able to open existing lots - creating them seems to be the only problem.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

SimNation

Hello gents and ladies I have a simple problem that I am sure someone experienced with using PIMX might be able to help me out with. I created a passenger rail transit building. Dragged the model to Plop->Passenger Rail category,generated the filling degree and lot edited the item while saving. Deleted the looseDesc file as instructed to via the guide.

Problem is when I opened the lot in SC4tool and tried to put in the Transit enabling the Enabling drags in fine,but the lot shows no textures (just says not found a million times over) and the save button remains completely grayed out. The switch cost is changeable, as are the entry points but I am completely unable to save it so the lot can be Transit Enabled. Anyone know whats going on?

Also I kinda have a small request..is there a chance for the lot editing we could get the ability to raise and lower props? Some props need to be raised in order to be seen properly.

wouanagaine

Quote from: SimNation on March 03, 2010, 02:14:30 PM
Hello gents and ladies I have a simple problem that I am sure someone experienced with using PIMX might be able to help me out with. I created a passenger rail transit building. Dragged the model to Plop->Passenger Rail category,generated the filling degree and lot edited the item while saving. Deleted the looseDesc file as instructed to via the guide.

Problem is when I opened the lot in SC4tool and tried to put in the Transit enabling the Enabling drags in fine,but the lot shows no textures (just says not found a million times over) and the save button remains completely grayed out. The switch cost is changeable, as are the entry points but I am completely unable to save it so the lot can be Transit Enabled. Anyone know whats going on?
Looks like a SC4Tool problem
I suppose the textures were ok on SC4PIM ?

Also I kinda have a small request..is there a chance for the lot editing we could get the ability to raise and lower props? Some props need to be raised in order to be seen properly.
use the same hotkeys as in maxis LE, ie CTRL-up CTRL-down

New Horizons Productions

SimNation

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 03, 2010, 02:32:40 PM
Looks like a SC4Tool problem
I suppose the textures were ok on SC4PIM ?
use the same hotkeys as in maxis LE, ie CTRL-up CTRL-down

Base textures seem to act up a bit for some Mega packs. The saved lot file does not show the base textures I put on the lot even though it shows the textures put on the lot in PIM which are still there when you reopen the lot in PIM.

I noticed that when you check to see the items the lot is using (in PIM lot editor) those textures do not appear on that list at all even though you visually see them on the lot.Constantly removing then reputing the textures does not seem to work but once every x times (completely randomly) that base texture that would not show up on the lost list shows up when you drag it.

As for SC4tool not letting me save the TE I add to the lot I do not think it is a SC4tool problem because I have used the Maxis lot editor before and never had any problem with it. Even enabling .dat lots someone else made always works in Sc4tool.