• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: j3shafer on August 28, 2010, 12:13:39 PM
located in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC.dat
Unknown prop type

I assume BSC.dat is a datpacked file of yours.
I'd recommend that you un-datpack your plugins before running PIM-X.
It would be a lot easier to check that "unknown prop type", if we'd know in which original file it is.

wouanagaine

What is that BSC.dat ??? a datpacked file ?
Please don't try to edit packed files, only use the minimum files you need

There is nothing wrong in PIMX by itself it is just one prop in one examplar in yuor BSC.dat that is causing the problem

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

j3shafer

j3shafer

Sorry, I've got another one for you. Everything was going along fine and working perfectly. I was in the process of saving some lots I had edited when all of a sudden I got an error message and it refused to save anymore. I shut it down and now every time I restart it get this...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 406, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 506, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link'

dielauweneger

Hello,

First of all i want to say that this tool is great  :thumbsup:, you guys can understand and modify the game so well.
I have a question regarding making a ploppable lot. I read the user guide and followed the instructions. For example i turned a
commercial highrise into a landmark, and i ended up with a model (building) on a blank (grey looking) lot, that i can modify in the lot editor of course.
But is there a way (and i saw Andreas and wouanagaine talk about copying a layout from one lot another on page 1 of the support thread) that i can copy the base texture/loteditor properties (i dont know the right word) from the old commercial highrise to the new created landmark? So that it replaces the grey blank lot. It would save a lot of time, otherwise i have to manually edit the lot just like the old one.
If im not clear enough just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Btw: for the dutch people: im sorry for my username, i made that up when my head wasn't connected to my fingers.

wouanagaine

Quote from: j3shafer on August 30, 2010, 07:10:31 PM
Sorry, I've got another one for you. Everything was going along fine and working perfectly. I was in the process of saving some lots I had edited when all of a sudden I got an error message and it refused to save anymore. I shut it down and now every time I restart it get this...

File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 406, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 506, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link'
remove or unselect the folder whee you put newly created files

Quote from: dielauweneger on September 06, 2010, 01:15:17 PM
Hello,

First of all i want to say that this tool is great  :thumbsup:, you guys can understand and modify the game so well.
I have a question regarding making a ploppable lot. I read the user guide and followed the instructions. For example i turned a
commercial highrise into a landmark, and i ended up with a model (building) on a blank (grey looking) lot, that i can modify in the lot editor of course.
But is there a way (and i saw Andreas and wouanagaine talk about copying a layout from one lot another on page 1 of the support thread) that i can copy the base texture/loteditor properties (i dont know the right word) from the old commercial highrise to the new created landmark? So that it replaces the grey blank lot. It would save a lot of time, otherwise i have to manually edit the lot just like the old one.
If im not clear enough just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Btw: for the dutch people: im sorry for my username, i made that up when my head wasn't connected to my fingers.
Edit :
EDit the new lot, select all lines that start with LotConfigPropertyLotObject but the one that have 'Building' in value and right clic and choose 'delete'
Edit the old lot, select all lines that start with LotConfigPropertyLotObject and right clic and choose 'Copy'
Edit the new lot, right clic and choose paste
voila

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dielauweneger

Merci bien wouanagaine :thumbsup: It works great and easy. I have one last question. If i make some buildings ploppable, like the Elipse Tower (a 6x2 lot), it wants to make a lot with a width of 2 and a height of 6, but the lot is 6x2. Strangely it doesn't happen to all buildings. I have to get that first right, otherwise the copying of the lotedits will mess up the new lot.

See you

wouanagaine

That's someting I haven't think of, ie the building is rotated on the lot ;(

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

RC8 has just been updated to the LEX, grab it here

Fixed your link! :)
Tage

New Horizons Productions

Lowkee33

The link does not work for me (seems to be to an EDIT page).

But thanks none the less.

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on September 14, 2010, 05:54:47 AM
The link does not work for me (seems to be to an EDIT page).

So he invited us to edit the lot editor... $%Grinno$%

Link fixed. ;)

sdc16064

I have trouble with the LotEditor part, when I open it up, it says wxPython and various jumbled errors.

effluant

I cannot download pimx from your link. Please go to the download page and try it yourself.  I find no download links at all,  just a page with the description of Pimx.  I hope you can fix this issue I would love to try your product.

catty

Quote from: effluant on September 29, 2010, 07:39:12 PM
I cannot download pimx from your link. Please go to the download page and try it yourself.  I find no download links at all,  just a page with the description of Pimx.  I hope you can fix this issue I would love to try your product.

Hello effluant, our download site is a separate website to the forums, if you go here

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/Default.htm

and register an account at the BSC Lot Exchange (LEX) you will then see a download button when you return to the PIMX download page, recommend you use the same login name and password you use here, it makes it easier to remember in the future.

catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Buzzit

hey

i get this error while trying to drag the model in plopable power etc

the error:
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3136, in OnBeginDrag
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 50, in __getitem__
KeyError

i tryed installing the DLL files but that didn't solved the problem

so whats the deal over here?

Lowkee33

Could be that you are trying to drag the desc./.lot files.  The models are found by clicking on the Standard Model branch, which are then dragged to the Descriptors branch.

Buzzit

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 05, 2010, 04:10:49 PM
Could be that you are trying to drag the desc./.lot files.  The models are found by clicking on the Standard Model branch, which are then dragged to the Descriptors branch.
good to know that
unfortunately for some reason my model ain in the standard model branch(could be obvious?)

its in the prop section and i want to move it to the power section

Lowkee33

The "prop" attribute only declares that the model is also a prop.  You can have this attribute without the model, but there is no information (images) within it.  You need the model for anything to happen in PIMX or in-game.  It's like writing a check with no bank account.

Sometimes it happens in MEGA packs that there is the Prop Attribute with no model attached (I believe the CSX tudors are a case of this).  What prop are you trying to make into a building?

Buzzit

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 06, 2010, 04:18:40 PM
The "prop" attribute only declares that the model is also a prop.  You can have this attribute without the model, but there is no information (images) within it.  You need the model for anything to happen in PIMX or in-game.  It's like writing a check with no bank account.

Sometimes it happens in MEGA packs that there is the Prop Attribute with no model attached (I believe the CSX tudors are a case of this).  What prop are you trying to make into a building?

well
if you check out my powerline project(wich is in the signature) i want my powerlines to be in the powertab.

normal suspension towers and deviation towers will be just normal eyecandy(maybe with the industrial yellow?)
and i want my substation pylons act like powerplants.(if this is possible offcourse)

Lowkee33

I can see that you are getting the pylons in-game, so my only guess is that you did not load them properly in PIMX.  When you first start PIMX you are given the option to check folders.  These boxes are not always inclusive.  Checking only the "Plugins" folder will not load any of the sub folders within plugins, only the files there.  However, if any sub-folder is checked then the sub-sub-folders within it will be loaded.  Best bet for testing is to empty the plugin folder and then only place singular files within it.  Then load PIMX with only your plugin folder checked (not simcity).  If you still can't see your pylons as a standard

Batting is not an area I know about.  My understanding is that a model file consists of many pieces of the building and then an identity that puts them all together.  This info is enough for PIMX to know that it is a model.  Exemplars are then created to a define the model as something (prop/timed/flora).  Finally a .desc and then a .lot are made.

Power eye-candy and power producing lots are certainly possible in PIMX.