• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim_vern

@Lowkee33 - SC4 runs fine here,too.  In fact, only SC4Mapper didn't work for me so I switched over to Terraformer.  I do have XP mode installed and I will check if SC4Mapper works just for kicks.

Lowkee33

Mapper doesn't work for me either, but only because I named myself "User"  ()testing()   

sim_vern

Just tried SC4Mapper in XP Mode and it works fine.  So, I guess this would be a workaround if one didn't want to use Terraformer.

JoeST

The python issues (@deadwood, @scottftl) may be because it was built using Python 2.x but the user only has Py 3.x libraries installed? A version error would be my first choice when talking about recent python errors.

After googling the last line, I come to the same conclusion as Stephan, it would require a port to numpy since the Numeric library is definitely broken by that update, and was 'depreciated' in favour of numpy anyway.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

WC_EEND

I seem to have an issue where SC4PIMX refuses to start. This is what the log file said:
QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 117, in ?
  File "SC4IconMakerDlg.pyo", line 7, in ?
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DReader.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DViewer.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: De parameter is onjuist.

Edit: I checked and have all the dll files needed in the PIMX folder
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ScottFTL

@WC_EEND:  This looks like the same error reported by me and deadwoods.  Did you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, by any chance?  Unfortunately, this update breaks PIM-X and there is no fix available yet.  ()sad()

WC_EEND

Quote from: ScottFTL on May 13, 2011, 09:04:08 AM
@WC_EEND:  This looks like the same error reported by me and deadwoods.  Did you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, by any chance?  Unfortunately, this update breaks PIM-X and there is no fix available yet.  ()sad()

Whoops, I must've missed those posts somehow. :P I did indeed install SP1 for Windows 7, so thanks for mentioning that :thumbsup:

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

justinrpg

PIMX won't open any more.. this same error keeps occurring.. here is a log...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 406, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 506, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link'

jmyers2043

My first inclination would be to go to the pinned post at the head of the thread and re-download the dll files. It looks like a microsoft update has screwed with those dll files. that's my guess. If that doesn't work, I'd reinstall the Xtool.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Lowkee33

I would guess something is wrong with the exemplar you are try to open.  If PIMX gives you this error when you have all of the checkboxes unchecked, then there would be something wrong with PIMX.  You probably have to remake the exemplar, and hopefully it isn't in SimCity_1.dat.

@JM:  The last line of there error says what is wrong, and it isn't a dll error.  You can see with the dll errors that PIMX is still running through it's start up stuff (.pyos and the like).  Justin's error is happening while PIMX is reading properties of an exemplar (I think.  My guess is that line 406 is PIMX going through the entries to collect data.  Line 506 is reading properties of useful entries, and this is where an error happens).  It's not the Reader 1.4 error that I get, that one appears to effect only properties that have Reps. 

gn_leugim

I am getting the exact same error, and Yes, was after I installed the new SP1 for windows 7. Before this it was running sweet. also, other 2 programs were not starting: Region Census and SC4save. but I made these work by typing the following code in after the shortcut:  -Customresolution:enable -r1366x768x16

Both start to run again, just like before. SC4save still does some errors here and then, but it is as it was. Unfortunately, PIM don't like this and still refuses to work. need help  &mmm

travismking

unfortunately, unless wounagaine releases an update to pimx and fixes the incompatibility issues, theres nothing that can be done for us. (I run XP in a virtual machine just for PIM-X) :p

justinrpg

the person with the Windows 7 problem, it isn't windows 7, aside from that error I posted (whick I found out later that it was having an issue with one of my plugins (having discovered that after the same problem occurred in DatPacker, PEG Seasonal woods would not allow PIM-X or DatPacker do it's job... took me over 3 hours to diagnose what file was causing the problem in both program)) back to windows 7, I am running Windows 7 myself, and PIM-X runs just fine... so, it's noting to do with compatability or Windows 7...

FrankU

Maybe it is not Windows 7, but the update.
As far as I know this update is only useful for people who have not updated their Win 7 for the last months. I understood that it is a kind of "all updates from the last months in one". So you probably can do without. I hope I am correct, because then it's easy: go to your system-manager and restore the system from before the update.

I just did this with an update from my Videocard, because the updated version screwed up my SC4 screens..

teddyrised

Hi there,

I've read through the user guide, and tried doing some searching around the forums but I can't find a method where one can change the lot size, unless in the LE provided by Maxis. Did I miss out something important?

Thank you so much :)

Lowkee33

Lot size can not be changed in PIMX.  You can do it in Maxis LE, as well as Reader.

Rayden

Do I miss something here? Lot size, you mean width versus height, isn't it? If so, PIMx can do it as good as Maxis LE or Reader, on the Lot Exemplar you change the value LotConfigPropertySize. For example this value on that property, "0x0d,0x18", means 13x24. You can use either hexadecimal or decimal values. If you enter decimal values, forget the part "0x" and enter the numbers straight, and PIMx will code them to hexadecimal, for example, "13x24". :thumbsup:

teddyrised

Quote from: Rayden on June 08, 2011, 04:09:46 PM
Do I miss something here? Lot size, you mean width versus height, isn't it? If so, PIMx can do it as good as Maxis LE or Reader, on the Lot Exemplar you change the value LotConfigPropertySize. For example this value on that property, "0x0d,0x18", means 13x24. You can use either hexadecimal or decimal values. If you enter decimal values, forget the part "0x" and enter the numbers straight, and PIMx will code them to hexadecimal, for example, "13x24". :thumbsup:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but that was exactly what I meant (the width vs height issue). Unlike most other properties (e.g. LotConfigPropertyMinSlopeAllowed), I could not seem to bring up a dialogue box prompting me to enter a new value when I double click on LotConfigPropertySize. But hey, thanks for the help :)

gn_leugim

Quote from: FrankU on June 08, 2011, 02:51:02 AM
Maybe it is not Windows 7, but the update.
As far as I know this update is only useful for people who have not updated their Win 7 for the last months. I understood that it is a kind of "all updates from the last months in one". So you probably can do without. I hope I am correct, because then it's easy: go to your system-manager and restore the system from before the update.

I just did this with an update from my Videocard, because the updated version screwed up my SC4 screens..

I only had issue when my Win7 was updated with SP1. before that was nice.

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Too this problem since :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 117, in ?
  File "SC4IconMakerDlg.pyo", line 7, in ?
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DReader.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DViewer.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Paramètre incorrect.

This problem is here since that I have downloaded the windows 7 pack service 1