• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

yes, there definitely is something up with the new service pack update... the computer guy who took a look at my usb problem, installed the new service pack as well, after asking him, he said he installed all missing updates...

but my problem now is different than the others... it won't EVEN open! it says to see log file, but there is no log file... doesn't matter if in 'XP compatibility' or 'run as administrator' doesn't fix the problem and still no log file....

this update is a REAL problem!!!! 

ivo_su

Can anyone help me with one small problem? How can I make  props  from the  existing building.  I have one  of the  flags  again  but LOT's any flag is a prop and not a separate building  that is bothering me  to put  several  of them  into one new  lot. I would be grateful if there is anything like learning how to convert models into props.

Ivo

pierrebaptiste

Hello

I have the solution for this problem  $%Grinno$%

start >> sign of configuration >> programms >> programms and functionality >> list of update install >> seek in the list " Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932) " and uninstall this .

After it perfect , the programm work again  :thumbsup:

Lowkee33

Quote from: ivo_su on June 24, 2011, 09:22:05 AM
Can anyone help me with one small problem? How can I make  props  from the  existing building.  I have one  of the  flags  again  but LOT's any flag is a prop and not a separate building  that is bothering me  to put  several  of them  into one new  lot. I would be grateful if there is anything like learning how to convert models into props.

The models are listed under the "Standard Models" section of PIMX.  Below the stand models you will eventually find the "Props" category.  So, you click on standard models, then scroll through the list (in the upper right), and when you find the model you want, drag it to the prop section.

If the model is a building that happens to have a flag next to it, there is probably no way to separate the two.

gn_leugim

One other thing, on my desktop where I have to used the program due to in the laptop win7sp1 wont let me to (lol) I found this when I open the lot editor-x:

PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x6d2edce8-0x00280000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 6871

what did I do wrong? the image is on the folder. and unfortunately this don't happen only yo one prop. but thousands!!

help plz... looting like this is a bit harder cuz I cant see the previews on the list of lot editor.

jakdee21

Please Help.

Installed the program yesterday and all worked superbly fine.
However, when I loaded it up again today, it keeps crashing on start up with the following message

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 117, in ?
  File "SC4IconMakerDlg.pyo", line 7, in ?
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DReader.pyo", line 2, in ?
  File "S3DViewer.pyo", line 3, in ?
  File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

I have looked through the feed and have updated all the dll files mentioned; all my drivers are upto date (graphics card - AMD M880 with ATI Mobility - Radeon HD 4250) et still no joy in stating the tool

Any ideas????
(Have also reinstalled SC4)

Lowkee33

@Jakdee21:  If you are using Windows7 with the latest updates, PIMX does not work.  Else, you must be missing a dll or perhaps Directx 9 (which I hear needs to be installed even with higher versions of DX).  As for re-installing SC4, there is no need to do this.  The only time PIMX looks at SC4 files is when you have the top two checkboxes checked.

@gn_leugim:  Never seen this before.  There is probably a better way, but in the PIMX folder there are two sub folders ImageDB, and ImageDBlarge.  These are where the thumbnails are kept, perhaps try deleteing them and re trying.

I have also noticed that PIMX continues to run processes after initializing.  If you open PIMX with a lot of stuff, you should check your task manager and wait until PIMX is using 0% of the CPU until entering LE.  If you don't do this, often there are missing/question mark thumbnails in LE (particularly textures).

vortext

hi, I've come across a small hick-up when using multi-fsh textures, created with null45's tool. The textures show up but cannot be applied to a lot. Instead the program gives the following message:

File "wx\_misc.pyo", line 1342, in Notify
  File "BalloonTip.pyo", line 636, in NotifyTimer
  File "SC4LETools.pyo", line 368, in OnBalloonPopup
  File "Image.pyo", line 517, in tostring
SystemError: tile cannot extend outside image

My best guess is it has to do with the interface, since the PIM usually displays all textures within a multi-fsh. I already found a simple work-around (using a single fsh texture with the same instance) so it's not a huge problem but still would be nice if it could be fixed.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jakdee21

Any joy with an update to conquer this Win7 SP1 issue as of yet, or is anything in the pipeline?

gn_leugim

I already reduced the amount of stuff I load to see if would resulve it. also I redone the two folders once and right after it spam the same error. I also opend the LE with and without waiting long enough. the diference is that if I dont wait, I get question marks, which I can still use to lot, just dont get the preview. if I dont, I see nothing but white and cant drag to LE

Lowkee33

@Vortext:  I just made myself a Multi-Fsh with no problems.  I run a 32 bit XP.  Any luck from your side?

@gn_leugim:  Perhaps you are using a custom install folder?  I can't really speak to that issue any deeper.

vortext

@Lowkee33, I have no problems with making Multi-Fsh either, nor getting them in-game. It's only they don't show properly in the PimX which most likely is the cause of the error message when trying to apply them to a lot. But as said earlier, a simple work-around took care of that so it's only an mild inconvenience really.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

gn_leugim

hmm nop, custom installation :|

xannepan

Hi,
Just curious to know; is anyone looking at the windows-7 sp1 issue with PIM-X? Don't want to push, but I really miss this great tool!
-Alex

AikonEnohp

Any fix for using SC4PIM  with Win-7-64-SP1? :'(

pierrebaptiste

Hello

Robin say that is not a good solution  ??? ? Why ?

I have tried this solution and I confirm the programm work again on my computer  &mmm

I'm septic  ()what()

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on June 24, 2011, 02:17:34 PM
Hello

I have the solution for this problem  $%Grinno$%

start >> sign of configuration >> programms >> programms and functionality >> list of update install >> seek in the list " Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932) " and uninstall this .

After it perfect , the programm work again  :thumbsup:

packersfan

Help:

I launch PIMX and all I get is a message that say to check the SC4PIM.exe.log

Here is what the log says:

I am running on Windows 7.  It seems the only thing I can get to work in relation to SC4 modding is ilive reader, otherwise no lot editor or PIM or anything.

ScottFTL

Quote from: packersfan on September 09, 2011, 12:46:10 PM
I am running on Windows 7.  It seems the only thing I can get to work in relation to SC4 modding is ilive reader, otherwise no lot editor or PIM or anything.

Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7?  PIM-X will no longer work once SP1 has been installed.  Unfortunately, this is something that Microsoft broke.   ()sad()

ScottFTL

Quote from: packersfan on September 09, 2011, 11:03:24 PM
So no way to use this program?  Sigh, *shakes fist at Microsoft for once again screwing the world.

Sadly, no.  We have to hope and pray that wouanagaine finds time to fix the problem, but he has been busy with RL for a while now.  Although there is no guarantee that it would be a simple fix for him.

I rolled back the SP1 update, but you have to install a special registry file to prevent Windows Update from automatically re-installing it.  However, the registry fix will expire a year after the release date of SP1.  After that, I think the only option will be an old computer or virtual machine running XP or Vista.

And I'm shaking my fist with you!  There was no need from them to break an old library like they did.