• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Ok thank you, I'll try it. Even I've already installed the patch... but let's hope!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Buzzit

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 23, 2012, 02:22:50 PM
Quote from: Buzzit on February 20, 2012, 12:26:07 PM
---------------------------
Errors occurred
See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SC4PIM\SC4PIM.exe.log' for details
OK   

I just had this today.  Some of the PIMX files were set to hidden or read-only (got myself a little virus yesterday).  Setting them to be normal files (by right-clicking and going to properties) fixed it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
unfortunately all my files allready where labeled as normal. so that wasn't the problem.
i have no idea what it could be further more..
maybe the service pack issue

Wilfried

Hello,

When PIM-X starts up, it tells me that my "GID is 0xDD057D62".

How come that? How would the program even know?

Most important, my GID has been 0xEEEE.... for years, once I got it assigned by the BSC team on the ST forums. How can I tell PIM-X that I already have a proper GID?

Wilfried

Lowkee33

Hi Wilfried,

Your GID is a Group ID unique to your computer, and it can be found in your SC4 registry.  When you make a new building/prop desc it is given this ID.  It is the same as what MaxisPIM would give you.

This is different than a building/prop family range that BSC would have given you.  When you make a Building/Prop desc in PIMX you can right click in the lower-right data area and you will have the option to add it to a family.  The ID for the family would be in the range that BSC gave you.

Wilfried

I'm not sure if I got this all correct.

Let's say I make a bus stop, and then I make a residential building. What should their respective IDs be like?

Lowkee33

The bus stop and residential desc will have the same Group ID, for you it will be 0xDD057D62.  The Instance ID is made from what time it is.  The lots will have a Group ID of 0xa8fbd372. 

Sciurus

Hi all!

I stil have a problem with the PIM-X... I installed the patch correctly, followed all the instructions, but it still doesn't work and it shows me this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named SC4PIMApp

What shall I do? Where's this file? Can someone help me please... I really need it :/

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Wilfried

Quote from: Lowkee33 on April 07, 2012, 06:54:28 AM
The bus stop and residential desc will have the same Group ID, for you it will be 0xDD057D62.  The Instance ID is made from what time it is.  The lots will have a Instance ID of 0xa8fbd372.
Thank you, Lowkee.

The Instance ID is given for the current second, right?

(So it covers a time-span of about ~136 years per single GroupID, out of 4 billion, which should be 'enough for everybody'. ;) Am I right here?)

Lowkee33

The first digit of the Instance is random, so we will actually start running the risk of duplicates some time next year.  We'll have to see what happens.

Btw, when I said "Instance ID" for the .lot, I meant to say "Group ID".  Check out the edit (I didn't notice it until I saw your quote).

Wilfried

Thanks for claryfying. :thumbsup:

Wilfried

Architect_1077

Does anyone know why certain SC4 effects props aren't displayed/loaded in PIMX (they are displayed as green diamond shaped objects)? This would appear as though it were a case of missing dependencies however, even when I include the necessary SC4 files upon loading PIMX, it still doesn't load the effects properly (i.e.: "the sparkles of purification" effects).

What am I doing wrong?

FrankU

Hi Architect_1077,

You aren't doing anything wrong. SC4-Pim just works that way. in LE some animations aren't shown either as animation, also green diamonds.
I guess showing animations in the editors would cost too much CPU time or somehing like that.
You just have to guess what animations look like...
Missing props are shown differently in SC4-Pim: you see a yellow rectangle with a thin red cross in it. By the way: the animations/effects are also shown as tiny yellow squares with a red cross, although nothing is missing. I think Wouanagaine shouldn't have done that, but he did and we cannot change this.

I hope all is clear now.

saris

I am not finding a download link, am I missing something?

jmyers2043

Quote from: saris on August 13, 2012, 09:14:28 PM
I am not finding a download link, am I missing something?

I guess you're looking for the XTool?

Go to the SC4Devotion LEX. Do a search ->  Tools - Data creation. Download the SC4PIM and the New Properties XML...

Do another search for documentation and download the user manual.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vortext

Hi, I was wondering if there's somekind of way to export the preference groups for textures & props. Maybe as a text or html document or something?

I ask because recently I caught a nasty virus on my pc. Luckily I managed to cut it short before it could do any serious dammage. A rather annoying side-effect, however, was almost all programs defaulted to out-of-the-box settings. Really, I hadn't realised how much work it would be to restore directory paths, batch scripts, short-cuts, key assignments and the like. The SC4PIM also lost all the preference groups, which wasn't a bad thing perse since it was a bit of a mess anyway. But now I've gone through the process of reorganising and would like to have a back-up, in case anything similar happens again in the future.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

pierrebaptiste

Hello

I have a biggest problem with the SC4PIMX

Since this morning (29 / 8 / 2012 ,  8 / 29 / 2012 ) when i use th pimx there is a bug .

When i want create a new lot it's impossible because on the two windows to create a lot there is online one.

Normally there is the windows with view of lot in 3D and the second window " tools " with textures and props . But the second with textures and proprs doesn't appear  ()what() .

Because of this I can't place my props on the lot because there is no the window "tools " with textures and props .   &hlp

Can you help me to correct this bug please  ()what()

Thanks  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Ah yes, that happens to me a lot too. It's caused by accidentally dragging your Textures/Prop window outside your visible screen. You should be able to fix this by removing the file named "groups.ini" in the "C:\Program Files\SC4 PIM\" folder. When you restart PIM-X, it will generate a new groups.ini file with a correct position of the Lot Editor windows.

Hope it helped,
Casper
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

vortext

Quote from: CasperVg on September 17, 2012, 04:58:27 AM
. . .  "groups.ini" in the "C:\Program Files\SC4 PIM\" folder.

Not clear wether you intended to or not but this is also provided the answer to my question!  :D  Thanks!  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Ol.S / Benoit

Hi all !

First, thanks a lot Casper for the Win7 SP1 patch, was working perfectly on my laptop :)

Unfortunately, PIMX is no longer working on my new computer, which is also on Win7 SP1. I do have the patch etc...
It says that the MSVCR71.dll file is missing. But I can see this file in my SC4PIM folder...

Here what says the logfile :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spécifié est introuvable.

Hope you can help me because I love SC4, but i need SC4PIM for that...  :( (And I also have some issues with the Lot Editor so you can imagine how depressed I am !  :P )
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Ol.S / Benoit

Problem fixed !

I had MSVCR71.dll but also needed Msvcp71.dll, but the error was not asking for this file... Looking on internet for MSVCR71.dll thanks to vortext, I found the other file here :

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-msvcp71-dll-and-msvcr71-dll-missing-error-in-windows-7/

You just put theese two files in the SC4PIM folder, replacing MSVCR71.dll, and it works ! :)
This might help some of you guys who have the same issue ! (BTW you still need the patch from Casper) Looks like Msvcp71.dll is needed for recent win7 computers.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture