• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frukox

Probably found the cause. When I put fewer files into the PIMX, i dont have that problem. But when I overwhelm it with like all my props and textures, PIMX is not able to handle them all. Thanks anyway, vortext.

By the way, guys, I submitted my first lot into STEX. If you have time, please review it. I need to learn these tools(BAT and PIMX). Your help and criticism is appreciated.

vortext

So it turns out my initial idea of overloading was more or less correct after all though a bit strange. It's the first time I've seen this particular issue.

As for your upload: I'd open a BAT thread (in here) for feedback as the textures could use some more attention. And did you get permission to include BSCBATProps_Mikeseith_BMW? If not then it's just a dependency like the others, which you may want to reduce in number to make it more attractive for people to download. Other than that everything seems to be in order.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

frukox

Yes, you were right actually from the very beginning, but I am happy to see people help novices like me ;D. What could be the benefits of opening a BAT thread. Will experts help me improve myself there or review the BAT and lot?  &Thk/(

Simcoug

So I've run into something strange today.  I finally opened PIM-X after a few months off and I am suddenly having problems with overlay textures showing up in the preview box:

As you can see, the overlay shows in the right-hand display, but the preview does not.

It's there though - I just have to delete the base texture to see it...

Strangly, this only happens with lots that I've created using 'invisible' buildings (grass park, etc)
If I use a visible building to create a ploppable lot, the overlays show up just fine:

I've never come across this problem before.  The above examples were used with an empty plugins folder, just to be sure it wasn't some weird plugin problem.  Any ideas?  This is sort of driving me  ()what()

Thanks for any help!

Edit: You're killing me dropbox  :bomb:

Edit the Edit: Finally got the pics working... dropbox, why you always changing stuff??

compdude787

I can't see any of your pictures.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Can't see the pictures either, however, from the description it sounds like I have the same issue which goes away when I put a prop on the lot. If that doesn't do the trick we're gonna need to see the pics.  ::)
time flies like a bird

Simcoug

Quote from: vortext on November 22, 2014, 03:22:24 AM
Can't see the pictures either, however, from the description it sounds like I have the same issue which goes away when I put a prop on the lot. If that doesn't do the trick we're gonna need to see the pics.  ::)
Yes... now I feel like an idiot.  I don't know how I didn't notice this before now.
Now that that is solved, I guess I better find out why dropbox has changed everything...  &sly

Aaron Graham

I want to know is there a way to reset or go back to the previous ids in the SC4 PIMX like going in the registry and changing the numbers back to where they were?

Edit: Another thing I want to say is I have a error with SC4 SIMX, I need help. :(

Edit: I have figured out what was the problem the name of the file NYBT 2639 & 2641 Jerome Avenue, note that the name has a "&" sign. SC4 SIM can not read the file with a name with "&" and maybe other symbols. I still want to know if there's a way to control the Instance numbers.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

nos.17

Ok here's my issue. I have a plopable LM lot and when I right click > "Create a similar growable lot from this plopable" I get this error message:

Failed  None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 1421, in OnPlop2Grow
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3078, in CreateAnExamplar
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

I've had this work before, so I am curious if I am doing anything wrong. If nobody knows, its ok because I can make my growable the old way; this method merely saves A LOT of work. Thanks yall...

vortext

nos.17; given it used to work previously and seeing the errors I'd say something is off with the initial building exemplar in the ploppable. Does it give this error for all ploppables or just this one lot?

Aaron Graham; I don't quite understand what you mean with 'control the instance numbers'. . literally everything has an instance number so what files you're talking about?
time flies like a bird

gn_leugim

I have installed SC4PIM in my brand new PC and I got the same error I had before in my old pc or laptop.

PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x6d2edce8-0x00280000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 6871

This happens 100's of times (if not 1000's) when I load, but I guess it's not a computer/capacity as I used to think, as my new pc is top bench. is there any light on this error yet??

vortext

Seems like an issue with the preview images, have you tried clearing the image folders? There're two: ImageDB and ImageDBLarge which are located in the installation folder. You can actually just move them out of there, PIM will generate new folders when it starts up.
time flies like a bird

gn_leugim

I have done that previously, and as for the last time, it was a brand new isntallment, so it generated the images and then load and gave error.

I tryied here in my lalptop and just got 855 lines of error, these were the first ones:

PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x52292baa-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x32292c65-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0xd2292de6-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0xd2292ebf-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x92292ff5-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x722930b8-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0x522931c8-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
PropLoader : Error addind jpg file for ImageDB/0xb2293288-0x00030000.jpg 64 by 64 nbr already loaded: 7243
(...)

If I reduce the number of plugins loaded I can sort this out, and that's how I end up working, although I have to leave stuff outside, but I believed that my new pc would not have such problem given its capacities.

EDIT:

I went to find the first file it reports, and to my surprise I cant find the image of it. but, on the other hand, it does not generate it either. I am trying to find out what model (these ids are models right?) is this one, but can't find it, any suggestion on how can I find it??

vortext

That's an unusual and rather annoying error for sure, I'm on a new pc as well (win8.1) and not had any problems. Are the .dll files up to date? I got mine here, might be worth trying out different versions perhaps.

edit to reply to edit  :D

Quote from: gn_leugim on April 01, 2015, 08:37:48 AM
I am trying to find out what model (these ids are models right?) is this one, but can't find it, any suggestion on how can I find it??

Yes, those are the ID, specifically the Group and Instance ID. The latter is always the same so you want to look for the Group ID. Open the .dat file which contains the prop in the Reader, filter for S3D & FSH and sort by Group (click at the top of the Group column).
time flies like a bird

gn_leugim

Well I would guess they are, I have got the fixes that are shown in the first page as well, and all that stuff. Regarding what I wrote in my edit above (previous post) wird thing:

I go to my ImagesDB folder, if I order the files by name, I cant fin the first time: 0x52292baa-... it goes from 0x4F3... to 0x5A4..., but! if I search the folder, the file is found and is there  ??? what the heck??

I figured out why this happens, wird ordering from windows part  :-[

I'll try to check dll's now

Edit to reply to the edit that replys to the edit:  :D :D

QuoteYes, those are the ID, specifically the Group and Instance ID. The latter is always the same so you want to look for the Group ID. Open the .dat file which contains the prop in the Reader, filter for S3D & FSH and sort by Group (click at the top of the Group column).

the problem is I have no idea what the .dat is :\

David H

So I had found out I had been missing mscvp71.dll and went to DL it, but it's 32 bit only, where can I get a 64bit version?

vortext

Since the SC4PIM is a 32bit application I reckon a 32bit dll should be fine. Besides I can't recall any particular trouble putting it on a 64bit pc couple of months ago, so I assume I've used the 32bit dll as well.

time flies like a bird

YouBet

I'm unable to save preferences for props in PIM-X.

The file, groups.ini, was not on my computer, so I created a new one. As a template, I used the format that vortext recently showed us when he created a preference list for his textures. For example:

group = GroupProxy( "Favorite Bases" , 0 )
group.AddItem( 0x25273000 )
group.AddItem( 0x258c2000 )
self.AddGroup( group )

When I start PIM-X, the program does read groups.ini and correctly shows my saved preferences for base and overlay textures. I cannot get props to show, though. It shows the headers for the groups in props, but it does now show the props' thumbnails.

Is there a different syntax for the prop section?

Thanks.

vortext

The syntax for props is slightly different indeed, it needs to whole TGI string of the prop exemplar, enclosed in double parentheses.

group = GroupProxy( "Group Name" , 2 )
group.AddItem( (0xTTTTTTTT,0xGGGGGGGG,0xIIIIIIII) )
self.AddGroup( group )

If you want to include a prop family, however, simply add the family IID in single parentheses.

group.AddItem( 0xIIIIIIII )
time flies like a bird

YouBet

Yup.

That did it!

Thanks for your quick reply, vortext.