• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prototype V.I

Started by croxis, February 23, 2010, 11:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croxis

Commadner jao

hellos

when i tried to run the prototype both in browser and downloaded
it says can't connect of sever.
how would one rectify this problem ()what()

regards

Korot

Commadner jao: That just means that his server was off-line.
Croxis, why don't you run your server 24/7? That way, unless it crashes, more people (from other timezones) can beta-test.

Regards,
Korot

townscape

easy bug: the notifiyng pop-up window that shows "cannot connect" does not appear overold windows( the main menu) but under.

funny how I link the banner to the only place I ever post :)
The Greatest place to get a game name

croxis

My server is up 24/7. Late last night it crashed due to a small bug I overlooked. It is now fixed and server back up.

GUI big fix committed in code

ShadeSlayer

Should I be hitting 770fps when on the front page?

croxis

Yup. Because there is very little geometry being drawn the raw fps will be very fast for performance testing reasons. Normally the frame rate will be capped at your monitors refresh rate (no point in drawing faster than the hardware).

Victor01

So:

- yes, camera is now only horrible  :D
- Some buttons in GUI aren't visible (for example the "OK")
- How can I esc from a city?

Anyway... congratulation!

croxis

Happy to report camera class is now awesome, you will see it next prototype. Also placed both other issues into my todo list.

Victor01

Oh, and I forgot to say that the camera moves to N,E and O but not to S when hovering the mouse above the edge of the window.

Djohaal

Looking good. The sky model is awesome, but try making the camera spin/zoom with its target at the surface of what the mouse is pointing at. Black and white 1/2 and tycoon city new york used such approach, it is was quite good for handling the camera.

Victor01

In the city view I still notice a little camera bug (moving after zooming).

Then, when typing city name, WASD as camera control should be disabled...

Anyway, the new camera looks very cool!

croxis

Notes added on my todolist. Not exactly sure the camera behavior you are speaking of victor, but I hope it will fix itself when i update the terrain system.

Note: I'm working with the upstream developers on a particular bug with some backend systems, so there might not be much visible progress for until we get it resolved.