• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP] SCAG - Variable Height Modular Terminals (SCAG-VHMT)

Started by KoV Liberty, March 05, 2010, 06:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koekie01

Wooohaaa, that's looking good! You're making good progress. Good luck!

Koekie

KoV Liberty

Thankyou! One more before I'm off to school...

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

emgmod

Terminal pickup area? You don't know how much I wanted those.

Is there a chance of lots that accommodate elevated rail/monorail going over the terminals?

adroman

Nice work here, Alex.

Things are looking very good, I only have one wish... a Luggage terminal, for the baggage carts to unload. Similar to your under-terminal gate, I guess.

It'd probably need to be a single plop at about 2x3 tiles... I know it'd add a little more realism!

Thanks,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

[Delta ²k5]

Nice Terminals! Would be nice if you could make some roadside entraces with jobs... I think this would be ralistic as thousands of people work at an airport :D Also the airport would look busy as traffic would drive to the airport :)

KoV Liberty

Emgmod: Me too.Yes, there is a chance for heavy rail/monorail. Especially since the terminal is low enough for them.

Adrian: Very good idea! I will for sure.

Gilikov: Thanks!

Delta: Nice idea. I will implement about 50 jobs (or less/more) in a certain lot to be plopped only along the roads, such as the terminal wall, and the terminal entrances. There will be two lots of each, one with jobs, one without. ;)

Thanks for all your comments everyone! Here is a mockup of what Adrian requested...

And here is a model that a friend of mine, Adonis Lmes, gave me. Its a Sikorsky Heavy Lift Helicopter. It probably won't be included in the release, but just showcasing this guy's AMAZING talent. But I did the nightlighting, texturing, and rendering.

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

adroman

Nice work! that's exactly what I wanted... It'll look even better when it's Lotted with Baggage Carts around it  :)

That S-6 looks good it'll be good to see it in action as well.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

i_love_lamp

... And then God said "Let there be light!". And there was light. Then He said "Let there be water!". And there was water. Then He said "Let there be Variable Height Modular Terminals!". Man's still waiting for that (Random made up part of the Bible, 69:69)

marsh

These are looking great Kov.  &aplsHope to see them soon!

,marsh  :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Thanks everyone, sorry for no updates recently. These have been giving me trouble and finals are this week. ;) But summer for me starts soon and you all know what that means! (me doing more BAT)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

[Delta ²k5]

great to hear ;) I think these terminals will find their way to many airports I'm making :D I like to mix diffrent terminal designs :thumbsup:

figui

wow, love this work. looking forward for its completion!

mauricio.

ps: good luck with your finals  :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

KoV Liberty

Thankyou all for your support. I haven't gotten around to these in quite a while. But I will be now. In honor of our good friend Adrian. These will be released in the next few months. Don't you all worry!

Adrian, I miss you man.

maxosha

good work guys  :thumbsup:

but I have some request for you. Will you be able to make a jetways like in this picture??

and one more request, most of biggest international airports use two floors for entrance/exit, that is why the terminal has a two level road and a special parking for bus, something like this:

some more photos:

thx. :)

KoV Liberty

Wow, big interest. Well, The jetways are more attached to the plane model than the terminal model, while the jetways can theoretically look like they are atached, they will not functiion properly, or look proper. The severely long jetways like in your first picture are not totally needed. If you look closer, the building is long enough to accompany a closer jetway, but not large enough to apply it.  In short, part of that terminal is (from what it looks like), older than the rest and the rest is built on top of the structure. That is a very special case and really doesnt apply to SC4, why have to make room for a longer jetway if you have that room to put in a terminal, or a bus service like most International Airports? that picture is just a special place the airport used for overexpansion.

To your second question, those will be, sort of, included. Sort of meaning this is meant to be a modular pack. I will try to incorporate something of this design (maybe simpler?), but as of now, that piece is yet to exist in my set because I need to figure out a way for that to work. I might contact the NAM team for help on that note. They seem to be masters at flyover ramps, etc. Because that seems to be the case. Also, if this happens like you are describing, there will not be curves, only straits, and maybe sharp 90 degree turns if it is worth the effort of making.
QuoteSort of meaning this is meant to be a modular pack.
Again this comes to mind, which means ther will be the basics included and it is up to you for creativity in it. For example, I made a cruise terminal out of the AC Terminals. Ingenuity is the key in most of SC4.

Hope this answers your question, thanks for taking interest!

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

maxosha

ok, :)

I'm sorry, but I have one more question :) Can you include in your pack the airport railway? smth like Singapore International Airport: http://www.flickr.com/photos/c-j-b/sets/72157612966936674/detail/ , or Hong Kong International Airport:

thx for answer... hope to see smth new in your pack :)

KoV Liberty

That'll be more tricky, I'll try and get back to you on that.

Adrian, I miss you man.

maxosha

Thx Alex :)

two more photos from singapore terminal:

good luck  :thumbsup:

yjbrian

WOW!! You are doing a great jod!!! Any news come lately? I look forward to these can upgrade my airport.
Sound like maxosha.. most of new terminals are using two floors. So I hope these terminals lot can do higher.
One more suggestion. If you are doing like hige and huge one, could u put eaves a bit over the flyover ramp.