• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin1a

I particularly like "Double the Lanes," through as a traffic nerd I have to say I'm appalled that US/Canada style road signs can coexist with Eurostyle directional signs.  :D  The "Big Boy is good too.  I like the dynamic traffic control monitors over the roadway.

Nanami

Pondok Daun - Baros Highway, Cibebek, Karasem:

greckman

This is the Mayor's House in Jersey. (Named after the cow and not the state.  ;D)
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

soulchaser

I don't want to be mayor, then. I hope there's not to much traffic at this loop, so he can, at least, be in time ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Risu

Quote from: soulchaser on May 02, 2011, 07:12:55 AM
I don't want to be mayor, then. I hope there's not to much traffic at this loop, so he can, at least, be in time ;)
That, or construct yourself some soundwalls. :P

greckman

Quote from: soulchaser on May 02, 2011, 07:12:55 AM
That's why I constructed it in a way that put a traffic light at the mayor's driveway. That way he only has to wait for the next light to be on his way.  :P

Quote from: SimRisu on May 02, 2011, 07:14:16 AM
That, or construct yourself some soundwalls. :P
Why have ugly constructed soundwalls when trees that are natural growth and beautiful make excellent barriers.  ;D
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

Death50

My sorry but the idea of having a house there is just horrible... ask yourself, would you really want your house in the midle of that? If you said yes honestly... then, I am speechless. ???

Opkl

Quote from: Death50 on May 02, 2011, 09:58:42 PM
My sorry but the idea of having a house there is just horrible... ask yourself, would you really want your house in the midle of that? If you said yes honestly... then, I am speechless. ???

I liked that it was something new and creative, but I wouldn't want to live there though. Too closed in for me. $%Grinno$%

Terring7

If we can imagine electric and hydrogen cars, that are more quiet and environmental friendly, a house in the highway makes sense ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Risu

Guys, he's only trying to be creative, just like the rest of us. Even if it's unrealistic and aestheticly displeasing, it's still unique and original. Give him that much credit, like Opkl did.

Original

Death50

Quote from: SimRisu on May 03, 2011, 07:13:52 PM
Guys, he's only trying to be creative, just like the rest of us. Even if it's unrealistic and aestheticly displeasing, it's still unique and original. Give him that much credit, like Opkl did.

Sure it's creative but, not all things creative are nice. I don't lie, I don't like it. But I'm not trashing the person and their playing skills either. Just voicing my negative comment as nice as possible, at least tired too.

rusummer1

From my suburb of Wrentham
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

jacksunny

jdenm8

The N7 Motorway in my CJ Flatwood. This one has yet to have its own entry yet though.
The picture was meant to show the town, but it does a good job of showing the motorway too.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

greckman

Quote from: rusummer1 on May 04, 2011, 12:01:42 PM
From my suburb of Wrentham

That is a nice picture. Really nice use of the highway and ramps between the small lakes. Too bad the picture doesn't show up because of the / at the end of the url. (maybe a moderator would be kind enough to fix that?)

Pretty nice town with a central Motorway cutting through it.

Opkl

Here is a picture of a tollway toll plaza.  I'll post more pictures when the area around the toll plaza is filled in.

io_bg

Highway A-1 which crosses a large part of my region

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Haljackey

Got some more to show.

Hillside ground highway

Tight RHW corridor

Navigating the uneven terrain.

kassarc16

Just a quick and dirty job for my first underground highway, passing under the Civic Center area (still under development).

I'm not sure of the capacity of FLUPs, but is there a point in using more than one FLUP for an entire highway (other than enforcing ramp accesses)?

And the pretty darn nifty FLEX-SPUI in action!