• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New NAM - turning lanes

Started by Copperalis, April 28, 2007, 04:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Copperalis

Having downloaded and installed the new NAM I am having problems with turning lanes. I am playing using left hand drive (UK version of Rush Hour). With the NAM installed vehicles still drive on left, but turning lanes are appearing on right hand side of road. Have removed old NAM, and installed the patch from MAXIS, tried reinstalling with/without left hand lane versions, and with/without turning lane plugins and the problem still occurs.

Any thoughts?

Andreas

For a UK version of the game, you also have to select the left hand drive plugin that comes with the NAM. Please make sure that the "NetworkAddonMod_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat" has been installed. And if you're using the Euro Road Textures Mod, make sure that the left hand drive textures for the NAM are installed: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=96
Andreas

Copperalis

Thanks Andreas

Unfortunately the "NetworkAddonMod_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat" is installed and the same problem occusrs. I have also deinstalled the NAM and reinstalled it making sure the above 'dat' file is present and still have the problem.

Have not got the Euro Road Textures Mod - might get it if I can sort the NAM out.

Copperalis

Problem solved!

Initially I deinstalled the NAM and reinstalled it without the turning lanes 'dats'. Not surprisingly on new roads turning lanes were not created. On roads within existing cities the issue solved itself and left hand lanes now turned right.

Then I waded through the immense feedback thread on the NAM at ST, reinstalled the NAM fully and renamed the "NetworkAddonMod_LEFT_HAND_VERSIONS_ONLY_Required_Additional_Plugin.dat" file with a "ZZZ_" prefix. The turning lanes now work properly in existing cities and on newly-laid roads.

Thanks again Andreas for your help here (and your inspiration at ST).