Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 27, 2021, 08:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can't build avenue and highway bridges anymore  (Read 11118 times)

Offline joostjoost

can't build avenue and highway bridges anymore
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:59 AM »
So after a little experimenting with my erasmus bridge in ilives reader something went wrong and now i can't build any avenue or highway bridge. I deleted the NAM but still i can't build the default maxis bridges. Is there anyone who is familiar with this problem and can help me?

Offline threestooges

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: Bridging the Gap
Re: can't build avenue and highway bridges anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
It partly may depend on what file(s) you were editing. What happens, or doesn't happen when you try to drag a bridge? Have you tried building bridges with an entirely empty plugins folder (just using the plain vanilla Maxis stuff on a blank map)?

Offline joostjoost

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »
It partly may depend on what file(s) you were editing. What happens, or doesn't happen when you try to drag a bridge? Have you tried building bridges with an entirely empty plugins folder (just using the plain vanilla Maxis stuff on a blank map)?

When i draw i bridge it says unsuitable grade for construction, also without any plugins the bridge still can't be build.

Offline io_bg

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
When i draw i bridge it says unsuitable grade for construction, also without any plugins the bridge still can't be build.
Is the beginning and the ending of the bridge at a similar height? You can't build bridges at different heights. Posting a picture would help us help you. ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Offline WC_EEND

• BeNeLux Team
  • Forums Parliamentarian
  • biggest Top Gear addict on SC4D
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
Is the beginning and the ending of the bridge at a similar height? You can't build bridges at different heights.

You can actually, but only if the height differences are small (1-2m from personal experience, don't know wether bigger differences also work) ;)

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Offline Kitsune

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
You can actually, but only if the height differences are small (1-2m from personal experience, don't know wether bigger differences also work) ;)

Xander

If you use the causeway that has its own slopes you can have radically different heights easily.
~ NAM Team Member

Offline joostjoost

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 04:13:12 AM »
Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Offline MandelSoft

• The Dutch Freeway Engineer
  • NAM Team
  • Forums Guru
  • SimCity 4 turned me into a civil engineer
  • CL:
    Let there be Light!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:53:51 AM »
Try to un-install and re-install the game to make sure the game is all clean. Maybe that will work...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Offline threestooges

• Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: Bridging the Gap
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
I agree with Mrtnrln. It may be a bit time consuming, but if it is happening with a fully empty plugins folder (both folders, the one in "My Documents" folder and the one in your SC4 folder), then perhaps resetting things would set it straight. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is either a really restrictive slope mod, or that the two sides are just that different in height.

If you do want to try one thing before reinstalling, take a flat piece of land, dig a valley to get several tiles of water between the sides, and try building a bridge then. If that works, it's probably something about your particular instance, in which a picture of it would be helpful. Otherwise, reinstalling may be the best option.