• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

can't build avenue and highway bridges anymore

Started by joostjoost, May 03, 2011, 03:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joostjoost

So after a little experimenting with my erasmus bridge in ilives reader something went wrong and now i can't build any avenue or highway bridge. I deleted the NAM but still i can't build the default maxis bridges. Is there anyone who is familiar with this problem and can help me?

threestooges

It partly may depend on what file(s) you were editing. What happens, or doesn't happen when you try to drag a bridge? Have you tried building bridges with an entirely empty plugins folder (just using the plain vanilla Maxis stuff on a blank map)?

joostjoost

Quote from: threestooges on May 03, 2011, 05:39:56 PM
It partly may depend on what file(s) you were editing. What happens, or doesn't happen when you try to drag a bridge? Have you tried building bridges with an entirely empty plugins folder (just using the plain vanilla Maxis stuff on a blank map)?

When i draw i bridge it says unsuitable grade for construction, also without any plugins the bridge still can't be build.

io_bg

Quote from: joostjoost on May 04, 2011, 08:50:24 AM
When i draw i bridge it says unsuitable grade for construction, also without any plugins the bridge still can't be build.
Is the beginning and the ending of the bridge at a similar height? You can't build bridges at different heights. Posting a picture would help us help you. ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

WC_EEND

Quote from: io_bg on May 04, 2011, 09:22:27 AM
Is the beginning and the ending of the bridge at a similar height? You can't build bridges at different heights.

You can actually, but only if the height differences are small (1-2m from personal experience, don't know wether bigger differences also work) ;)

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Kitsune

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 04, 2011, 09:35:32 AM
You can actually, but only if the height differences are small (1-2m from personal experience, don't know wether bigger differences also work) ;)

Xander

If you use the causeway that has its own slopes you can have radically different heights easily.
~ NAM Team Member

joostjoost

MandelSoft

Try to un-install and re-install the game to make sure the game is all clean. Maybe that will work...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

threestooges

I agree with Mrtnrln. It may be a bit time consuming, but if it is happening with a fully empty plugins folder (both folders, the one in "My Documents" folder and the one in your SC4 folder), then perhaps resetting things would set it straight. The only thing I can think of that would cause it is either a really restrictive slope mod, or that the two sides are just that different in height.

If you do want to try one thing before reinstalling, take a flat piece of land, dig a valley to get several tiles of water between the sides, and try building a bridge then. If that works, it's probably something about your particular instance, in which a picture of it would be helpful. Otherwise, reinstalling may be the best option.