• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 Pre-Release -- Discussion, Support, and Bug Report Thread

Started by The NAM Team, December 18, 2013, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The NAM Team

This thread is intended for general support purposes pertaining to the NAM 32 Pre-Release.

Wiimeiser

There seems to be a character limit in the installer:

Quote- JENX PARIS Pont Saint Michel
        - JENX PARIS Pont Neuf (Road)
        - Krummbach Bridge
        - Old Road Bridge
        - Pont Sant Angelo
        - Wooden Covered Road Bridge
    - Rural Street and Rail Bridge
    - Street Addon Mod (SAM) Bridges
    - Street Bridges
        - Concrete Street Bridge
        - Covered Street Bridge
        - JENX PARIS Pont Neuf (Street)
        - Steel Girder Street Bridge
    - Tram in Road Bridges
        - Po

That's as far as it got. It's just the text confirming what you selected though.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

titanicbuff

Here's an interesting glitch regarding RRW mod:

For some reason after the viaduct the RRW mod changes to standard rail textures. Plus there's a slight glitch in the ramping system involving triangles.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Wiimeiser

Some more bugs:

Some setups are missing paths. Also, the one that does have paths has an incorrect preview model that displays both halves.

Well, isn't this just nice /sarcasm

Missing texture, paths seem to function normally

RRW has no LHD paths whatsoever

I've reported this before, but if it appears normal to whoever made it there's some inconsistency in the textures.

Also, not shown, but the L0-L1 MIS Parclo piece is missing entirely from the code

EDIT: Checked out the viaducts and roundabouts, the only issues I could find were these:

Paths are flipped when they shouldn't be

Height transition lacks pedestrian paths (I only tested that one though)

I also found this, but I don't think that's as serious an issue as the other two
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 19, 2013, 06:07:34 PM

RRW has no LHD paths whatsoever

Delete the NAM Folder (Or move it out of the plugins) and do a from-scratch reinstall. That fixed the problem on my end. As far as I know, there's no LHD STR paths yet.

Paths are flipped when they shouldn't be

Looks like the LHD resources for those pieces didn't install properly. EDIT: Looks like it may be an installer bug, reporting internally.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Kuewr665

The roundabout actually does not make sense with those paths and textures. The center lane abruptly ends and traffic crosses the other lane. This makes sense with RHD paths because the traffic entering crosses onto a lane that is starting.

Tarkus

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 19, 2013, 08:15:34 PM
The roundabout actually does not make sense with those paths and textures. The center lane abruptly ends and traffic crosses the other lane. This makes sense with RHD paths because the traffic entering crosses onto a lane that is starting.

The roundabout is designed to be connected into an ARD-3 on those ends, not a Road as shown in the pic, but the point does still stand.  We don't really have a point person doing LHD work anymore since ebina's departure.

Also, not shown, but the L0-L1 MIS Parclo piece is missing entirely from the code

Actually, the code is there.  It's everything else that's missing.  And that's why this is a pre-release.

-Alex

jdenm8

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 19, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

It's an installer bug. It's been in the last few versions, but I haven't installed those and only just found it. I also found a different issue with the LHD implementation that will need investigation.

As for the missing ped paths on the Overpass Transitions, I've just fixed it and the fix will be in the next version at the latest.

Tarkus

The Parclo Inner Loop piece for the RHW QuickChange was indeed missing models/paths/exemplars.  I've updated our development copy of the L0 MIS file.

In the meanwhile, if you wish to take full advantage of those pieces before NAM 32-PR2, here you go (works easier than pain-in-the-rear attachments that get lost in the shuffle).  Install it where you like (in your Network Addon Mod\RealHighway Mod folder, preferrably.

-Alex

Kuewr665

I do not understand the option, "Enable Decoupling of Networks and Rules." How does it work? What does it do to network tiles in the game?

Apple Delight

Textures for seagull pieces in LHT are incorrect, Norwegian & British textures shown.

(also pictured, no RRW textures for DTR level crossing of RD-2 and RHW-2)

Same problem occurs with some, but not all, of the CPs for the RHW-3

I was also unable to find Euro textures for the RHW and 'standard' Euro option for the RHW-2 in the installer.

Ramona Brie

A bit of flavor text needs correction. This is the only one in the tab that has this issue.

Setup: SC4 on Win7 SP1, virtual machine in VirtualBox 4.3.6

z

Quote from: Apple Delight on December 19, 2013, 09:40:57 PM
I was also unable to find Euro textures for the RHW and 'standard' Euro option for the RHW-2 in the installer.

When you select the Euro textures, you get the Euro RHW textures automatically.  The other RHW textures are just additional options.

Geometry123

Got a few to report...  ()testing()

What is this? I don't even...

Flex D1 ramp can't convert into RHW-10S TD1 ramp. And additionally, there's an unnecessary stub on the RHW-4 Flex D1 ramp.

Eh? ???

And this has been around since the inclusion of the wide RHW curves. The inner 10S curve has some bugged paths...

This one hurts my OCD.  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

jdenm8

Quote from: Geometry123 on December 19, 2013, 11:59:39 PM
And additionally, there's an unnecessary stub on the RHW-4 Flex D1 ramp.

I can't address the other issues, but this one I can. That stub isn't actually useless, it's required for RHW-6S to properly connect to and pass through the piece.

Geometry123

But can't you just disguise the stub with a shoulder? The tile where the stub is can be substituted with a shoulder texture, just like its puzzle piece counterpart. Sorry if I'm going crazy, I'm OC, eh... :P

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

jdenm8

Quote from: Geometry123 on December 20, 2013, 12:28:03 AM
But can't you just disguise the stub with a shoulder?

We may do that going forward. The fix which provided RHW-6S functionality was one of the last things put in before release of the Pre-Release.

Tarkus

I believe the actual instructions on the text for the piece note that the tile can be bulldozed if not building a 6S ramp.  The shoulder matter on the RHW-4 version is much less apparent on the default US textures (which is what I was using in development).

What is this? I don't even...

It appears the models for the width transitions were not packaged into the installer.  In the interim, pick up the requisite files here.

Flex D1 ramp can't convert into RHW-10S TD1 ramp. And additionally, there's an unnecessary stub on the RHW-4 Flex D1 ramp.

Try putting a 10S starter right next to the FLEXRamp.  The RHW-4 bit coming out the top tends to be really stubborn.  I included some code to handle it, but it may need to be beefed up in a future release.

Thanks for the reports, everyone.  That's we're doing a pre-release.

-Alex

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

memo

The documentation on how to use the new El-Rail-Avenue pieces is still lacking. However, Ganaram (GDO29Anagram) made a video that shows how it works: [link].

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 19, 2013, 09:07:52 PM
I do not understand the option, "Enable Decoupling of Networks and Rules." How does it work? What does it do to network tiles in the game?

This has to do with the custom compiled NAM controller file. For an override network, say SAM-2, you have three different options:

• install neither SAM-2, nor its RULs
  • install SAM-2 textures and paths, but not its RULs
  • install SAM-2 textures, paths and RULs

By default, you can choose only 1 or 3 in the installer, but if you select the decoupling checkbox, you can also choose option 2 (the SAM-2 checkbox in the installer would have three different states).

The reason for this move is the disproportionally increased loading times of the game caused by the large e-series controller of the NAM 31.x builds. The introduction of e- and s-series controllers was a first step to address this problem; now, the NAM controller compiler allows every user to compile a controller that suits their needs exactly, thus keeping loading times at a minimum.

The decoupling option is intended for advanced users and therefore unselected by default. As for the utility of option 2, imagine the following scenario: You have built SAM-2 in your city, before, but do not wish to modify your SAM-2 network. You will need the textures, but not the RULs. Though, you have to be careful not to redrag the SAM-2 streets, as this would deconvert them to normal streets. This was originally intended mainly for RHW networks, as it is easy to leave them untouched during normal game play. After all, you rarely need all the 40 different RHW networks at a time; and the RHW is by far the largest part of the controller.