• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT version 4.0

Started by b22rian, July 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

RTMT Version 4.0 Quickie Update :

Sorry I missed the update on the previous weekend guys..
Right now things have been progressing slowly on the RTMT v-4 build. Were doing some minor things related to the RTMT doc. i am personally spending a lot of my sc4 time helping out with pathing the newer content for the NAM team.  As you guys know were spread quite thin on both the teams ( NAM + RTMT)..

We do have another team RTMT meeting on Friday . So i will try to give you guys an update on that over this upcoming weekend.

b22rian

Things right now are still a bit slow with the RTMT build...
I did mange to get just a little done with the RTMT doc...

matias93

Any advance is a good advance  :thumbsup:

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

b22rian

QuoteAny advance is a good advance

thanks so much,
and for everyone's patience here.. I am really glad I started this thread  :thumbsup:

It does help my motivation to stay in contact with you guys from this community and know there is still a "demand" for these stations  ;)

b22rian

Another small update here :

Pierre and I are in the process of learning how to embed both images and tables into the RTMT wiki..
The RTMT wiki is also the future source for the RTMT doc and the read me file for the version 4.0 future release..

b22rian

Sorry guys,

very little went on this week with RTMT version 4..
There are some new and exciting ideas that have been discussed in the private transit threads , that i cannot share with you guys at this point however which do involve the future release of version 4, i can tell you  :thumbsup:

Even if we have a slow week here like this past week was for the team, i will always at least do the weekly updates though on Wednesday's ..  ;D

b22rian

Hey guys,

Since nothing new was done this week regarding RTMT V 4.0, what i think is best to do here is just post when things get moving forward again and I have something new to to tell you on our progress here.. i am currently still devoting all my Modding time to working on the pathing + testing for the new  REW mod for the NAM team ..

Regards Brian

b22rian

Small update here :

Pierre and I have returned again to the RTMT Doc + RTMT Wiki  :thumbsup:

We are still in the process of trying to figure out how to post/ embed images in the RTMT Wiki. Pierre has found a longer more promising help article on how to do this  ;D
So what I plan to do when i return home monday is; split my SC4 Modding time window time with -

1) Working on the pathing + testing for the new  REW mod 

2)    and working on the RTMT Wiki,,

b22rian

Short Update here :

After a fairly lengthy lull here , Pierre has now come to the rescue and resumed work on the -  RTMT Doc + RTMT Wiki  :thumbsup:

Also for those interested, :
I will hope to have time to help Pierre out soon, although .. I am quite busy pathing the new REW ramps for its upcoming release in the next NAM release.. I hope to have completed today all Type A ramps for the relevant networks ..

b22rian

Another small update here :

First, sorry guys that i have not posted an update here in awhile. There has been some activity..Pierre continues to work on the RTMT and Doc ( with just a little help from myself).. He has made some  progress here .
To remind everyone this is one of the 3 areas that need to completed before RTMT version 4 can finally be released.. ( the other 2 areas are the props + the EXE Install file.)

And i am in a  similar position, slowly continuing to path REW ramps . and were working on more coding improvements, DRI drag patterns and Flex options for the ramps and improvements to the MRC curves,, and I am hoping to find the extra time to help Pierre more with his efforts on the RTMT doc + Wiki  :thumbsup:

Seaman

Thank you so much, b22rian, for keeping us posted.  :thumbsup:

b22rian

Holidays RTMT Update :

Pierre, put in some quality time with the RTMT Doc + Wiki, and he really made some good progress this week  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile. progress has also been steady for myself pathing the upcoming REW ramps.. I would guess im at least 80 % completed with this phase of the pathing.

So hopefully all of this will come together for all of my devoted friends here, in terms of REW, NAM 37 and RTMT V 4.0, and the new pedestrian  walking paths on the expressways.. in our attempts to synchronize some game elements I know will increase the enjoyment of using the most recent transit upgrades..

Tyberius06

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good workR

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

Recent RTMT version 4.0 update:

Pierre continues to work on the RTMT doc + wiki.., in the form of either text add on's or improvements..
I have appreciated his efforts going solo on this, while I have been working on the REW pathing..
We are still planning to upload pics in there , but we want to complete the props area first before doing this..

There are some other ideas in the work for all my devoted followers here, that i am hoping we can work out meanwhile, that I cannot quite share the details about as yet  ;D
I am hoping to be able to do this soon with you guys  :thumbsup:

b22rian

RTMT version 4.0 update: + Bonus

hey guys just a small update + a small bonus  :thumbsup:

We did have some activity recently from Pierre, who besides the great work he has recently done for the RTMT Doc , is also working on some ideas to get the final decisions on props to move that along a bit.. He will be posting about this a bit later on.
Again besides these 2 areas than , the only other area to complete would be the final RTMT installer. Everything else has been completed..

Now the Bonus :

This is to show my appreciation to you guys for your dedication to this thread and its something I think most of you would enjoy..

Recently we have decided ( as a trial), to open up the former NAM discord chat room to non NAM members  ;D
We will be keeping # NAM as a private room for NAM discussions only still...
However you are welcome to attend any of our other 3 channels which include the main channel-

# General,  -which mostly focuses on transit / sc4 chatter , but also has a general topic theme to it..

# Pictures - focuses on either presenting pics for demonstration of nam and transit  (issues + bugs)
                         - but also has pics of peoples recent work in there cj's and cities..

# Support - an area to post issues and bugs in order to take advantage of "live help" for these in the chat room..

Finally , since this is a first  pilot/ trial sharing of the chat room, i would ask for ( the time being anyways), that we not share the link with others readily outside this thread for now, We do not want to flood the chat room too quickly is the reason..

Please obey the small amount of rules we have and the Chat Mods/ ops there...
We hope to see you in chat soon and please have a good time  ;D

Here is the link to join us NAM members :  https://discordapp.com/invite/NsNZHEC

b22rian

RTMT version 4.0 update on Props :

Pierre ,has been working hard on the props pretty much since my last post 10 days ago...

He has made some good progress in this area, although there will be a bit of a lull in this important remaining area due to the fact he will be on his annual ski trip over the next 2 weeks..

Although i think many of you are aware of this perhaps, i would like to post a couple examples of the version 4.0 stations we are working with .

Here is my current Maxis RTMT Bus station -

And than here is Pierre's version he has in plugins , which has a few minor differences from mine. But he has also done a great job in labeling what the current props are for RTMT bus stations..

matias93

Nice advancement  &apls

There is some possibilty to see somewhat akin to a tutorial for replacing RTMT props? That would be very useful to make custom configurations and also deflect requests from the RTMT team to the wider custom content community...

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

b22rian

Quote from: matias93 on January 21, 2018, 01:44:29 PM

There is some possibilty to see somewhat akin to a tutorial for replacing RTMT props? That would be very useful to make custom configurations and also deflect requests from the RTMT team to the wider custom content community...

Matias,

thanks so much for your posting  :thumbsup:

I was just looking thru the main Tutorial which is located in the RTMT private thread for station developers ..
I suppose you could always refer to the "RTMT props" as a bit of weak area, ( at least since Cogeo went into semi retirement from the team). But there is nothing really about the props in our tutorial, although just about every other imaginable area was covered by Z, when he created the tutorial for developers..

MGB,( our current team leader) has made some worthwhile ideas and contributions to the RTMT props in recent years , but other than that very little has changed with them from the older ( Cogeo RTMT) days..

huzman

So, is this Wonder of the World already available to the common mortals?
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

b22rian

Quote from: huzman on January 22, 2018, 06:38:23 AM
So, is this Wonder of the World already available to the common mortals?

We are getting there  :thumbsup:

Just parts of a couple areas to finish up, 1) props + 2) the Doc + wiki doc

and than we need to put together an installer for it.. and its ready to upload  ;D