• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to create Plopable items for the Mayor Menu

Started by jeronij, January 13, 2007, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: CSGdesign on January 01, 2011, 01:15:49 AM
We'd like to register a range please, but not sure who to PM, so asking in here...

Maybe Jeroni should keep an updated index of reserved ranges in his opening post... :)

Quote from: CSGdesign on January 01, 2011, 01:15:49 AM
Can we register the range ccc0 through ccc9 plz?

Who are we? ::)
That's a huge range for one person... over 40,000 ploppable items... :P

CSGdesign

We are CAT.  Content Apprenticeship Team.  Only just new so not worth hoo-harring about but we'd like to reserve a range to prevent conflicts of content in future.

I'm only reserving a large number cuz it's a block... blocks are a lot easier to deal with and since there are a huge number of ranges I didn't think it'd matter how many we reserved.

Quote from: jeronij on January 13, 2007, 05:03:10 PM
You have millions of free ranges available !!!

So if nobody has already used/reserved any of the ccc range, we'll block out ccc0 to ccc9 please.

Thanks guys.

jeronij

As proposed, I have updated the opening post and added the known reserved ID ranges. Or at least, all which I was able to find...   ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CSGdesign

dedgren

I had forgotten about the 11 part tutorial I did a couple of years back on the 3RR Plopperizer™ process of turning props into plops.  There's no secrets revealed in it beyond what you can glean from reading this thread carefully, but it is step-by-step detailed for those who might be a little bit tentative about doing these.  Here's where to find the parts:

Part One [linkie]
  Part Two [linkie]
  Part Three [linkie]
  Part Four [linkie]
  Part Five [linkie]
  Part Six [linkie]
  Part Seven [linkie]
  Part Eight [linkie]
  Part Nine [linkie]
  Part Ten [linkie]
  Part Eleven [linkie]

If anyone would have any questions about the process, don't hesitate to PM me, or just stick up your hand in a post over at 3RR.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nekseb

Hi David,
I also saw your tut in the wiki-section of SC4D, but it seems that it is incomplete?

Can you also update this?

By the way:
It would be nice, that all (or most) tutorials are also in the wiki-section. It's sometimes difficult to find a tutorial. Some are in the forum-section right here, some are in single threads in different sections and some are in the wikipart.

I know for this you all need time and space from RL, but...

EDITHi, nekseb!  Are there pics missing?  I didn't review- just cut and pasted (I'm good at that).  I do have all my 3RR pics pretty organized on a hard drive- I can reupload them if they have been (grumble, grumble) lost by ImageShack.

I agree about the Wiki.  I've told folks before- anything you want from 3RR is free for use anywhere, just note somewhere where it came from.  Anyone who wants to repost or otherwise use any tutorial I've done there is welcome to.  I'll help as time permits
. -dedgren
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

bap

Quote from: jeronij on January 08, 2011, 01:42:59 AM
As proposed, I have updated the opening post and added the known reserved ID ranges. Or at least, all which I was able to find...   ;)

Hi jeronij , I would much appreciate if you could reserve the ID range BA19**** to me whenever possible.
Thanks.

nekseb

Quote from: nekseb on January 09, 2011, 01:47:31 AM

EDITHi, nekseb!  Are there pics missing?  I didn't review- just cut and pasted (I'm good at that).  I do have all my 3RR pics pretty organized on a hard drive- I can reupload them if they have been (grumble, grumble) lost by ImageShack.

I agree about the Wiki.  I've told folks before- anything you want from 3RR is free for use anywhere, just note somewhere where it came from.  Anyone who wants to repost or otherwise use any tutorial I've done there is welcome to.  I'll help as time permits
. -dedgren

It seem's that the tut at SC4D-Wiki ends in the mid of part seven...
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

jeronij

Quote from: bap on January 09, 2011, 07:02:11 AM
Hi jeronij , I would much appreciate if you could reserve the ID range BA19**** to me whenever possible.
Thanks.

Done  :thumbsup:  ;) !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Lowkee33

c.p. generally used the 0x6### range.  His, and Maxis', tree controllers are 0x2a0c

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

jeronij

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 09, 2011, 01:43:57 PM
c.p. generally used the 0x6### range.  His, and Maxis', tree controllers are 0x2a0c

6******* is a quite large range. Isnt there a more specific range perhaps ?¿  ::) ... anyway, added to the list  ;)

Quote from: Orange_o_ on January 10, 2011, 01:01:43 PM
Hi,

I use Id range 78da****

;)

Updated  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Lowkee33

Quote from: jeronij on January 10, 2011, 01:41:28 PM
6******* is a quite large range

He did some things differently than the rest of us.  Specifically, with avoiding Maxis Instances (He used the same group for every model, and tucked away instances from the texture bug).  I wouldn't be surprised if every prop exemplar in Vol_01 was a non-Maxis Instance, which are also "his" Group.

QuoteIsnt there a more specific range perhaps ?¿
63-67 then I guess.

$%Grinno$%  CP Vol_01

6320****
6323****
632a****
632c****
6348****
6379****
637a****
637b****
63c4****
63c8****
64a4****
64a5****
64b4****
64b5****
64b6****
64b7****
64c4****
64c5****
64c6****
64c7****
6500****
6501****
6503****
6506****
6508****
6509****
6516****
652e****
66f3****
66f5****
66f8****
6709****
670b****
672f****
6731****

They all end with 0000 btw.

marsh

Hi. Can I register range 0621****.

I've been making lots of MM plops. I will not release many of them. But I don't want any plopables released in the future interfering with them.

,marsh

jeronij

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 10, 2011, 02:42:49 PM
He did some things differently than the rest of us.  Specifically, with avoiding Maxis Instances (He used the same group for every model, and tucked away instances from the texture bug).  I wouldn't be surprised if every prop exemplar in Vol_01 was a non-Maxis Instance, which are also "his" Group.

63-67 then I guess.

$%Grinno$%  CP Vol_01

6320****
6323****
632a****
632c****
6348****
6379****
637a****
637b****
63c4****
63c8****
64a4****
64a5****
64b4****
64b5****
64b6****
64b7****
64c4****
64c5****
64c6****
64c7****
6500****
6501****
6503****
6506****
6508****
6509****
6516****
652e****
66f3****
66f5****
66f8****
6709****
670b****
672f****
6731****

They all end with 0000 btw.

...  ::) ....  $%Grinno$% ... thanks anyway  :thumbsup:

Quote from: marsh on January 11, 2011, 07:05:47 PM
Hi. Can I register range 0621****.

I've been making lots of MM plops. I will not release many of them. But I don't want any plopables released in the future interfering with them.

,marsh

Addded to the list, however there seems to be a possible risk with the ranges used by c.p. ... who knows..  ::)  ;) ?

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

MandelSoft

There is one big range you missed: the 5*******-range. This range is reserved for the NAM and related mods. I hope you can add this to the list.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jeronij

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 12, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
There is one big range you missed: the 5*******-range. This range is reserved for the NAM and related mods. I hope you can add this to the list.

Not sure about this one... the Type and Group are the same for MMPlops (flora) and for NAM items? ... sorry, its been a while since I played with reader, and I dont recall it atm  ::)  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 12, 2011, 12:20:47 PM
There is one big range you missed: the 5*******-range. This range is reserved for the NAM and related mods.

Isn't that the texture range that Tropod reserved?

Badsim

Hi ,

I've just been successful to create my very first Mayor Mod Ploppable item , thanks to this great & clear tutorial !  :thumbsup:

The link about how to create custom icons by Deadwoods at Simtropolis doesn't work anymore ... could you give us another link , if this tutorial or another one is available somewhere ? Thanks .  :)

For information , I have chosen 1962#### as personal range without having requested for one , let me know if it's OK for you . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Lowkee33

I saw your MD and wondered what your post here would be.  Successful or no?   ;D  Nice work.

Travis has a good tutorial Here.

I use PIMX.  The upside to PIMX is that you can use one image and it will scale and duplicate it for you.  The downside is that you can't make custom borders.  You can only change Icons on a plopable in PIMX as well. 

For Orange's trees, the icon was the last thing I did.  I made them work using an Icon I copied from another file.  Once that was done I made the Icons from the Zoom 4 FSH and gave them custom backgrounds I made in GIMP.  A plopable was made in PIMX.  I changed the Icon to the tree, opened the plop in Reader, copy/pasted the Icon to the tree exemplar, and changed it to the proper Instance.