• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RuskiG2

Quote from: geoffhaw on June 13, 2016, 02:18:09 PM
@ RuskiG2, your range is 0xF8AC0000 to 0xF8AFFFFF
Thank you

VeeTHis

Can I please have a ID range?

geoffhaw

@ VeeTHis, your range is 0xF8B00000 to 0xF8B3FFFF

mary miller

hello my friend over on simtrop needs an ID...she asked me to ask for her since i have an account here allready.

geoffhaw

Hi!  No problem, but I'll need a name to record it under.  If you can supply that I'll add her to the list.

mary miller

her name is
CorinaMarie

thank you

mary miller

hello

I would like to know what my texture index start and end... It has been quite a long time since i have done anywork and I am now creating a new texture pack for my upcoming lots.

my name on sim trop was
PMiller19574

index 0XFA

cant remember the starting and ending points.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

mary miller

wont let me edit last reply...

I looked through all my texture packs and looks like my starting point was

0XFA000000

i have used up to
0XFA700000

I am not sure if this was my ending point or if i need a new set..

geoffhaw

Hi Mary,

First of all, the new range for CorinaMarie is 0xF8B40000 to 0xF8B7FFFF

Now, to your range!  Your original range was 0xFA000000 to 0xFAFFFFFF.  This was one of the first ranges to be allocated, and it is HUGE!  That range has 16,777,216 IIDs in it. The ranges we allocate now 'only' have 262,144.  If you have used up to 0xFA700000, that is 7,340,032 IIDs.  You must have loads of gaps! 

Can we change your range to be 0xFA000000 to 0xFA7FFFFF ?  This is 1,048,575 IIDs, still 4 times bigger than the present new ranges.  This will free up 32 ranges for new users. 

Please let me know if you are happy with this. 

All the Best,

Geoff

mary miller

hello and thank you..

I wrote down all my ID's and I have a limited amount of knowledge as to how to use them....However I have used

0xFA000000 - 0xFA700000 (being 70)

1-70 and then I have used a few letters like 1a-f

but not many

example :
0xFA1a0000

ect

im trying to get some better understanding of how to use them I have been told that

Example
0xFA00(0)000
is reserved by the game as wealth indicator (0-3) and I know the last is the zoom indicator.

but yes the above range is fine.

is there a thread that explains how to use these so that I can use them more efficiently?

mgb204

Geoff. I have been helping Mary Miller with the issue of IDs over here on ST.

For the time being, you can re-use ranges 0xFA9xxxx onwards safely, none of these were ever in use.

Despite making only 85 textures though, all the ID's have been incremented from the 3rd digit. I.e. FA00xxxx - FA0Fxxxx were all used, but only for one texture ending in 0004. It's pretty much the same for FA1xxxxx - FA8xxxxx. There might be two or three exceptions to this rule.

Mary has confirmed to me that she is unlikely to need more than a few thousand IDs. As such, we could free up all textures from say 0xFA008000 onwards, provided we can allow an exception for the 16 ID's per group mentioned above. If such an arrangement is acceptable, I'll compile a complete list of exceptions along with an at-a-glance view of every ID in use currently. As I'm sure you can imagine, at this stage changing the IDs of textures that have been in the wild for some time, is not really a workable solution.

Gondracorn

I'm looking to get a texture IID assigned for me. I'm making a mod for additional maxis-like overlay textures consisting of parking lots, streets, roads, and other stuff.

geoffhaw

Hi to Mary and mgb204.  I think the easiest thing to do here is to pretend I haven't noticed and leave things as they were!  So, in other words please keep the original range allocated. 

The number of ranges being requested these days is slowing down, so we still have quite a few to go.

geoffhaw

@ Gondracorn, your range is 0xF8B80000 to 0xF8BBFFFF

mgb204

If that proposal is too messy, I'd recommend at least taking back the 0xFA9xxxx to 0xFA7FFFFF ranges. Those not been touched at all and certainly won't be necessary.

spritesftw

I would like a range please.

khimera

Hi, can I have an ID range please?

_Michael

I'd like a texture range please.

geoffhaw

Noooo!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry.  I don't seem to have got any new replies to a topic messages recently.  I just didn't realise I had fallen behind.  I can only think that the flurry of posts here on 25/07/2016 must have confused things. 

Anyway...

@ spritesftw, your range is 0xF8BC0000to 0xF8BFFFFF
@ khimera, your range is 0xF8C00000 to 0xF8C3FFFF
@ michae95l, your range is 0xF8C40000 to 0xF8C7FFFF

Apologies again.

Handyman

Hi, could I have a ID Range please.