• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

If you set up your ID range properly, SC4Tool should suggest the next free ID automatically once you click the button. You just have to check the 5th ID if it doesn't suggest a texture ID that would be wealth-dependent. If that's the case, simply click the button again, until another value than 1, 2 or 3 appears. Of course, you can enter the IDs manually as well, but be careful when doing that. Hint: You also have to enter the leading "0x...", otherwise, it doesn't work properly.
Andreas

BarbyW

Yes that is correct. You need to avoid a fifth digit of 0 to 3 unless you are actually making a set of wealth dependent textures.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JBSimio

As I never make wealth dependant textures, this may help you as well, Swat.  When setting up the txt file for your range, you can make it say 0xF4704000,0xF470FFFF (or whatever the final three digits of you assigned range are)   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

swat-medic

I tried all of the suggestions stated above.. Still no luck!  :angrymore:

Here's the dat containing the textures:
Picture explains what's still wrong.

Pat

When doing your numbering for the Textures are you steering clear of the last spot so its just a 0xF4704000?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pcr231

geoffhaw,

request for a range please. many thanks

swat-medic

Quote from: Pat on March 03, 2009, 06:20:26 PM
When doing your numbering for the Textures are you steering clear of the last spot so its just a 0xF4704000?

I open up sc4tool, and (for the first texture) entered 0xF470400. \

This gave me
0xF470400
0xF470401
0xF470402
0xF470403
0xF470404

BarbyW

That is correct, swat-medic. Next time you make a texture it should start 0xF470405. SC4Tool deals with the zoom levels - the 8th digit - for you.

Pat

So you can use the last spot as long as its not 1-4?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Pat, the last digit - digit 8 - is the zoom level for each of the different zooms in the game. You don't need to worry about anything other than the 5th digit - 0x12345678 when you are making textures in SC4Tool.
To reiterate:
0x1234 - your personal identification
5 - the important one. Make sure it isn't 0-3 UNLESS you are making a set of wealth dependent textures and most people don't.
67 to do with dilapidation but still not sure about these
8 the zoom marker. Textures will always work in groups of 5 - 5 zoom levels - and so SC4Tool will deal with this automatically. You do not need to worry about this.

Just make sure your personal identification is correct and that digit 5 is not set to 0 to 3.

swat-medic

Ah, so the 5th digit must be 1-3.. I'll change that to a 4.  Hopefully that should clear things up  ;D

BarbyW

QuoteAh, so the 5th digit must be 1-3.. I'll change that to a 4.  Hopefully that should clear things up 

I hope you actually meant: "Ah, so the 5th digit must NOT be 0-3.. I'll change that to a 4.  Hopefully that should clear things up "  :thumbsup:

geoffhaw

@ pcr231, your range is 0xF5000000 ot 0xF507FFFF

pcr231

Many thanks. Much appreciated

WillG_75

I would like to request a range please.

geoffhaw

To WillG_75 and everyone else.  I'm having trouble with my main PC at the moment, and I can't access the Index spreadsheet.  Please bear with me and I'll get back as soon as I can.

geoffhaw

OK!  I'm back in action!

@ WillG_75, your range is 0xF5200000 to 0xF527FFFF

Sorry for the delay.

Jackfelle

Hi all, I was just thinking of making some new textures for myself but to be sure that everything will work, can I have a texture range too?  :)

geoffhaw

@ Jackfelle, your range is 0xF5180000 to 0xF51FFFFF

Jackfelle