• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol.S / Benoit

Amazing again :) This is gonna be your masterpiece for sure ! Majestic.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Badsim

Frank : Merci !  :) Firstly let me tell you that I'm following closely your work & collaboration with Fred : there's still so much to do for this game , and particularly about rural areas , that there is certainly not enough people to BAT and MOD  (or just to be militant  ) for that subject-matter  ! About your requests , Girafe & Orange have started to reply but I can give you some more informations .

The food storage ( with old tires) is an old prop from Orange_o_ , among those :

They have been created before the HD export technique so David consider them as too bad to be released as a Props Pack ... but I've seen that Fred is also working on that kind of props ( ... and I'm waiting for them eagerly ! ) . Since , David has started to BAT a new generation of HD rural props :

I think that you'll agree that those are ... of ultimate quality  ;D... They were originally predestined to the release of  a VIP AgriPack , with seasonal wheat , corn and sunflowers fields having timed harvest scenes . But that's rather tricky to find the right organisation for a such impressive amount of props & LOTs required , so the project is adjourned ( We have so many things to work on at the same time ...  ::) ) . I think that David should upload  these HD props ( as  his Props Pack Vol2 ) , but that's his decision to do so , not mine ...  ;)

A good new for you , that said : some props you are requesting for are from namspopof and are available at Toutsimcities : http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1882 :

Chester : Thank you for having left  , at least for once , the « lurker mod » ... that means a lot for me ( and more generally here , for the VIP Team ) . :)

Guillaume & Antoine ... c'est déjà plus attendu que Chester ... mais bon , c'est très agréable aussi ! Guillaume , alors toutes ces maisons Lorraine , ça vient où faut faire appel aux déménageurs de l'extrême ?!?  ;D

Noah & Benoit , thank you very much .   :)

********************************************************************************

Gouffre de Padirac , Lot , France :

From Wikipedia :

The Padirac Chasm or Gouffre de Padirac is a cave located near Gramat , in the Lot department , in France. The chasm itself is approximately 99 m (325 ft) around its rim with a diameter of approximately 35 metres (115 ft). Visitors descend 75 m via a lift or a staircase before entering the cave system. The cave, at a depth of 103 metres (338 ft), contains a subterranean river system that is partly negotiable by boat. This cave system is regarded as "one of the most extraordinary natural phenomena of the Massif Central".

The chasm was created at an undetermined point in time when the roof collapsed into a large internal cavern. It is known that the cavern existed in the 3rd century, and was inhabited during the 15th and 16th centuries during which time poyassiun nitrate was excavated from the area.

The first tourists visited the cave on November 1, 1898, however the site was officially opened for tourism on April 10, 1899 by Georges Leygues , the 87th prime minister of France (then called président du conseil). Today, although the cave system is made up of more than 40 km (25 mi) of galleries, only 2 km have been opened for tourism.Since the 1930s, visitors can access the underground cave system by descending 75 m by lift or stairs, and then exploring the cave system on foot and by boat.
Padirac holds the record for the most frequently visited underground tourism facility in France. More than 350,000 visitors annually, and a record of 460,000 in 1991.

Le Gouffre de Padirac official website (there's an english and a spanish version) :http://www.gouffre-de-padirac.com/

La Bouche du Diable ( Evil's Mouth ) , Champclause :

Not so impressive and interesting than its model of inspiration ... that's only SC4 . While I'm landscaping the area between Champclause and that natural & touristic curiosity , I've also began  to work about another natural resource of the region  ; forestry and logging ( mainly pines plantations ) :

That's only a beginning , with a lot of things to add , as usual ... and maybe ( surely ) some new stuff from the VIP Team $%#Ninj2

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

FrankU

Hi Cédric,

Thanks for your quick answer.
Did I really overlook Namspopofs second prop pack? I downloaded it just now (again? not sure...).
The food storage is a bit black, but otherwise very useful. Why everything in HD? For me that's not neccessary. It slows down the computer, doesn't it?
The machines by David are stunning!
And if you have new wheat and other crops.... Will that make my farmfields outdated?

Your village is of ultimate quality. It makes me dream of another vacation in La Douce France.  &apls

Shark7

Just have to say this is one of the best rural areas I've seen for SC4.  :thumbsup:

I'm also really hoping for the release of the farm equipment etc, you have pictured here.  It goes a long way toward filling a big gap in gameplay.

Lowkee33

Good to see you back Cedric :)

Everything looks fabulous.

The cemetery props are much needed, but perhaps these do deserve HD.  I see myself BATing HD headstones, but this will be in some time.

Are you sure about the 11th rep?  Could have sworn it was the 13th.  It's been a while since I actually changed anything in there.  &mmm

May I ask, what cliff texture is that?

Edit:  Btw, you probably already know this, but by scaling them down by %50 you are indeed making models HD.  Any more than that and SimCity can't display all of the pixels in the FSH file.  One could also double the size of the FSH, and this would be HD too (though it would still look the same).  At that point, you could edit the FSH in photoshop or GIMP.

vester

This great work keeps coming!  &apls

wallasey

Wow! It all looks so natural!

chester

I'll try not to lurk from now on. I love the chasm, reminds me of the 6 hours i spent crawling through tunnels no wider than my shoulders in Mammoth Cave National Park. good times!

rooker1

Wow, wow and wow!
You are just too brilliant.  I always find it amazing how you can take a real life idea and place it in game as if it were normally done.
&apls
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Superb, absolutely superb!  I'd love to be able to use some of these items you showcasing, they look amazing

kaylacey

I would love to see the new ploppable water you are working on released simply as new base textures (for the lot editor).  That would be so much easier to make rivers with base textures that look like water because then you do not worry if the ground is completely flat. 

Badsim

Replies ;

Quote from: FrankU on October 17, 2011, 05:11:10 AM

... Why everything in HD? For me that's not neccessary. It slows down the computer, doesn't it?
The machines by David are stunning!

Well , it must be and stay a personal choice to do so or not . Or you don't start to use HD props , or , if you start , why would you want to have this one HD , and that other one SD ???  ::) It may slow down the computer , but Champclause is currently a medium city tile with fully HD and seasonal flora ( used massively ) and HD Terrain Mod ; if  it takes some times to load indeed , once the city is open , I don't have to complain so far with my game speed .  ()stsfd()  And , when you reply : « The machines by David are stunning! » , I think that you have replied yourself !  :P Each picture of this MD is another reply .  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: FrankU on October 17, 2011, 05:11:10 AM

And if you have new wheat and other crops.... Will that make my farmfields outdated?

We have ... ( Click on pictures )

Seasonal wheat :

Seasonal corn :

;D ... and I let you apreciate the word "outdated" . But there's still so much work on that stuff before any release and , most of all and like I already said , the amount of timed HD props and LOTs is currently a big organisation problem , so I think that your work have still a reason to be . ;)

Quote from: Shark7 on October 17, 2011, 07:34:21 AM

... I'm also really hoping for the release of the farm equipment etc, you have pictured here.  It goes a long way toward filling a big gap in gameplay.

I agree totally ... Thank you for the nice comment . ;)

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 17, 2011, 07:49:32 AM

... The cemetery props are much needed, but perhaps these do deserve HD.  I see myself BATing HD headstones, but this will be in some time.

Are you sure about the 11th rep?  Could have sworn it was the 13th.  It's been a while since I actually changed anything in there.  &mmm

May I ask, what cliff texture is that?

Hi Carl , glad to have you back here . IMO , everything deserve HD  ;D , I'm not to be convinced anymore ! SFBT has made some headstones  too but yours will be more than welcome , I gave up by the past with the LotEditing of a big urban cementary due to the lack of that kind of props  ::) ... it is the 11th rep. for sure , but I think you've already checked up that information . ;) The rock Mod used there is the Mossy Rock Mod from Heblem ( STEX)  .

Quote from: Lowkee33 on October 17, 2011, 07:49:32 AM

Edit:  Btw, you probably already know this, but by scaling them down by %50 you are indeed making models HD.  Any more than that and SimCity can't display all of the pixels in the FSH file.  One could also double the size of the FSH, and this would be HD too (though it would still look the same).  At that point, you could edit the FSH in photoshop or GIMP.

I've now practiced scaling of tens of models with SC4MT as shown there in the last pages , so , yes I know how it can also improve the quality of these models . Working on FSH is another solution but it sounds tiedous and a lot more time consuming ...  ::)

Quote from: vester on October 17, 2011, 11:55:37 AM
This great work keeps coming!  &apls

Thank you Arne !  I'm glad to see that you keep on to be enthusiast as well .  :)

Quote from: wallasey on October 19, 2011, 04:05:52 PM
Wow! It all looks so natural!

Thank you .  ;)

Quote from: chester on October 19, 2011, 07:45:59 PM

.... I love the chasm, reminds me of the 6 hours i spent crawling through tunnels no wider than my shoulders in Mammoth Cave National Park. good times!

Well , that kind of feat is certainly not for me as I would rather feel claustrophobic !   $%Grinno$%  Thank you for your comment .  ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on October 20, 2011, 04:57:43 AM

... I always find it amazing how you can take a real life idea and place it in game as if it were normally done.

Thank you Robin , that's the exact definition of the interest I keep on to have for this old , old & odd game !  :P  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Battlecat on October 20, 2011, 09:09:01 AM

...  I'd love to be able to use some of these items you showcasing, they look amazing

Thank you . I'll do my best to convince Orange_o_ to release them ...  ;)

Quote from: kaylacey on October 20, 2011, 07:54:44 PM

I would love to see the new ploppable water you are working on released simply as new base textures (for the lot editor).  That would be so much easier to make rivers with base textures that look like water because then you do not worry if the ground is completely flat.

Hmmmm , not sure . ::)  Having been  a LotEditor addict  , I'm considering MMPs as a major break-through , and for that kind of ploppable waters included ... flat riverbeds are a small inconvenience . But we could also set them with  « Orient to Slope=True » , in fact I didn't test them in these conditions ... that's now on my « To do » list .  ;)

Before going farther with detailed scenes , I decided to devote the necessary time for this monotonous & boring task : to finish the whole planning for this medium city tile that Champclause is : roads, rural paths, streams , meadows and forests: everything is now delineated and set up . Of course , minor changes but major details enrichments will arise as one goes along I will have to zoom here or there ...

An autumnal day at Champclause ( taking that occasion to play with the limited SC4 weather possibilities ...  ::) )  :

After a rather cold and sunny morning , the afternoon was hot and humid : the sky has been quickly obscured by threatening clouds ...

And , finally at night , we have had a thunderstorm :

There's no photoshop effects in these pictures ; the amount of clouds is due to Jeroni's LOTs « JrJ Cloud Effects » available on the LEX ( JRJ Rural Culverts And Water Effects ) and the lightning is the one of the game , used there with Simfox's DarkNight Mod ( and Clip2pic ) .

I did also start something else ; the construction site of a wind plant  ; 6  wind turbines ( SFBT/voltaic ) , having a future gobal power of 4500 megawatts ;

Original LOT :

I have had to rework it ; as I disliked the Building , it is now hidden by the prop ; the Occupant Sizes of the prop has been reduced to 1,1,1 so I can use lanscaping MMPs all around without any restrictions , and the Base Texture has been deleted ...

The piling-rig and the crane are from tag_one ( BSC BAT Props –T1 Vol7 ) . The meadows around need still some landscaping work , but the construction scene will stay like that .

Thanks for your visit . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Absolutely stupendous!  That is a gorgeous scene!  &apls &apls

Sciurus

Simply amazing!! &apls &apls

Guillaume. :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

Your city (???) is getting even better that ultimate!

The crops and the underlying base texture look stunning, but indeed: if I wait until the best props are available I probably can wait forever, so I just go on with my own project.

I will follow yours closely for sure.  &apls

Girafe

Amazing job my guinea fowl  &apls &apls &apls

I think nobody can imagine the amount of work in your majestic scenes.

Regarding what you showed us:

- is it my wheat, it seems to be too greenish, and we need to harmonize the andain color too.

I don't know if you have read our conversation with David but concerning the weather effecs, as soon as Simfox will develop a BAB for 3dsmax, the game will enter in another dimension you can't guess.

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Kergelen

It's impressive! Especially seeing the overview and knowing all the details work out there.
Your work is magnificent in all zooms.  &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

supremec

Really amazing landscapes  &apls  &apls  &apls That is perfect pictures

Mais, la texture de roche de terrain par moment ne fait pas très beau $%Grinno$%
Click on the banner to see my BATs

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog