• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Well, I've always said I love the game and when I get the itch to play, I go for hours at a time....longest time spent in one session on this region was maybe 12 hours when I first began developing it.  In fact, I'm thinking of playing for an hour or two before I call it a night ;) 

Oh, and I've never finished a region yet myself  :P .....I have so many maps I want to build on that are my own and those from others that I could never stick to just one. ::)  This region however, I intend to complete by taking the original 7x7 large city region and breaking it down into 5 smaller parts [1 4x4, 2 3x3's and 2 3x2's], the largest being the section I'm working on now.  When this section's 16 quads are completed, I'll simply transfer the city tiles back to the original region in the game.  I'll do the same for the 4 remaining sections.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: blade2k5 on March 13, 2008, 10:44:30 PM
Well, I've always said I love the game and when I get the itch to play, I go for hours at a time....longest time spent in one session on this region was maybe 12 hours when I first began developing it.  In fact, I'm thinking of playing for an hour or two before I call it a night ;) 

When I'm in the mood... I play for hours aswell.... I often go until the game crashes, then I get frustrated :D I haven't actually closed the game for a long time!! ;D

Sim City 4 Devotion

Toichus Maximus

Here's a picture of my region from my CJ THhe Big Country with a bit more development.

blade2k5

Great looking region Toichus Maximus :thumbsup:.  Love the terrain mod your using. 

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Pat

:thumbsup: &apls  that is a wonderful pic there Toichus and Blade Im suprised that you havent posted an update as I know you been simming hard core some more lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

That I have...spent 10 hours playing yesterday...have the 8 tiles I've been working on nearly completed now.  Will post another pic when I start developing the final 8 tiles on the map :thumbsup:

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BigSlark

This is my current region, Costa del Tuskalusa. I finally got all the tiles opened (its a huge map) and something that resembles the basic transportation structure in all of them. I still need to build an airport and a main seaport, as well as finish farm development in the rural, flat regions of the map. And fix the forests along city borders.

Click for original version (5.3 MB)!

What do you all think?

Cheers,
Kevin

wouanagaine

Quote from: BigSlark on March 17, 2008, 03:31:17 PM
What do you all think?

Cheers,
Kevin
A nice huge SC4TF map :), looks like a lot of work you have done, however I'm not fan of the girddy farm, but it is just because I'm european I think
And it looks like you made your own extended beach, which is quite nice  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

blade2k5

Hey!  I know that map! :P  Look really good so far BigSlark :thumbsup:  I also like the terrain mod your using and the subtle changes you made to the map.  Look forward to seeing more images as you develop the region :thumbsup:

bat

That region is looking fantastic, Toichus Maximus!!
Your current region is looking beautiful as well, BigSlark! Nice farms! :thumbsup:

Shiftred

A region I have been working off and on for a few years.

blade2k5

&apls Very nice work Shiftred.  That's superb looking farmland :thumbsup:

metasmurf

Shiftred: I like how the city is spreading out in to farmland. Very realistic.

RBC

Shiftred:

Very good work. This could be a Googlte Earth-pic of a random Mid West North American-city. The road and the farm  layout is very well done.

Applaus! &apls

Shiftred

Blade2k5, Metasmurf, RBC:

Thanks for your comments all.  I live in Indiana, USA and take a lot of inspiration from Indianapolis and the surrounding areas/farmland. Eventually when the core (old grid) of the main city is done, he farm parcels will be turned into sprawling suburbs.

JBSimio

I love looking at these shots!   &apls to more people than I can mention!

Here's a little update on the one I showed earlier.  The second of the outlying towns is in place now and more of the main transportation routes into the main city are laid out now.  I'll probably start on Covington itself fairly soon.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

demivengi

very nice, i like the farms around the cties!

ACEfanatic02

Quote from: JBSimio on March 20, 2008, 07:02:55 AM
I love looking at these shots!   &apls to more people than I can mention!

Here's a little update on the one I showed earlier.  The second of the outlying towns is in place now and more of the main transportation routes into the main city are laid out now.  I'll probably start on Covington itself fairly soon.

-snip-

JB
MD?  Please?

-ACE
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

blade2k5

&apls Looking good JBSimio.  I like how you surrounded your towns with farmland. :thumbsup: