• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poshbakerloo

kevinaj

Here's a shot of the Northern Skyscraper Forest and part of the Central Skyscraper Forest (And Wensworth Airport).

I love airplanes.

SeanSC4

A current portion of the region I'm working on after I added trees.

Battlecat

That looks amazing already SeanSC4!

rushman5

Sean, your map is a fantastic mix of the outerbanks, NC, Lake Winnipeg and St.Louis riverbank.  or at least that's what I can gander from it!  Looks great though!  Might want some foothills for those obnoxiously tall mountains

-sean

SeanSC4

Quote from: rushman5 on December 18, 2009, 11:59:40 AM
Sean, your map is a fantastic mix of the outerbanks, NC, Lake Winnipeg and St.Louis riverbank.  or at least that's what I can gander from it!  Looks great though!  Might want some foothills for those obnoxiously tall mountains

-sean
Yeah those mountains have been annoying me and obnoxious is exactly what they are everytime I look at that portion of my region. Each time I attempt to terraform them further, I've been completely annoyed with my efforts and end up not saving the tile. I finally declared a truce on my region and decided to leave them alone until the urge strikes me to fix them. Mountains:20, SeanSC4:0 (for now). That's what prompted me to take my hills further along and start adding in some foothills and flora.

I've started playing with one of the hill tiles but I can't decide between making some farms or trying my hand at a few streams. Some of the screenshots of people's efforts in the Rural thread are extremely inspiring given the obvious talent showcased by everyone.

I've been terraforming so long now. It's time to put the region on the map as they say with some farms, towns and maybe a city or two.

SeanSC4

Notes to self right about now:

1) It's easier to add in wide-curve railroads and roads prior to adding in dense areas of flora.
2) Add in wide-curve railroads before you try and add the roads if possible.
3) Canal, stream and pond sets don't like hilly areas very much.

jonno

Quote from: SeanSC4 on December 19, 2009, 07:39:15 AM
Notes to self right about now:

1) It's easier to add in wide-curve railroads and roads prior to adding in dense areas of flora.
2) Add in wide-curve railroads before you try and add the roads if possible.
3) Canal, stream and pond sets don't like hilly areas very much.

Very true.  My region is entirely mountains, and I have made no use of any canal sets; all they do is make scrolling through the menus take longer. The only thing that I have found that kind of works if you look at it from a distance is the little water plops that I have in my flora menu.

djvandrake

Here's my new region......

I decided to abandon my current project because I just wasn't happy with how it was turning out.  Too bland and not enough challenge in the terrain. That and I made some serious layout blunders early on.  So, I'm going to give this one a go.

bat

Your regions are really beautiful, SeanSC4 and djvandrake!

figui

here's the region i'll hopefully start playing with.
it's obviously based on the region of hobart (tasmania, australia), but it's a collage of three regions i liked and had downloaded lot of time ago.  when i recently took my sc4 and installed it again, i had to select the region i want to develop, but can't decide so i started playing with those maps i had downloaded and here's the (almost) final product.

i also played a bit with the terraformer, so some areas had suffered some changes..

it ended being a really huge map (at least compared with those i had played before).

for those of you who know this area (i don't, so google-earth was a good help), i'm planning the capital city not where the city of hobart is in real life by the derwent river, but where sorell and midway point are situated, in the mouth of the orielton river, in the hobart portion of my map.

comments are welcome  :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

RickD

Looks like an interesting and challenging region to play on. How many cities are on it?
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

DJSun1981

My new actual region:

Eliteforce

Nice one, though I think that pic is a tad big.

2.1 million sims in this region.  Planning on getting 6-8 million as time goes on.

(click for full size!)

The main city in the middle is Megatropolis with 900k sims.

SeanSC4

Here's another region of mine I've started to revisit.

Jmouse

These are some great-looking region maps, guys! Curious to know if you created them yourself or found them on the LEX.

Later...
Joan

SeanSC4

Quote from: Jmouse on February 06, 2010, 07:17:39 PM
These are some great-looking region maps, guys! Curious to know if you created them yourself or found them on the LEX.

Later...
Joan
I created that one myself based off of some DEM data and some massaging of the resulting grayscale.

There is nothing easy in that region though. Everywhere poses some sort of a challenge when it comes to construction which is a lot of fun.

DJSun1981

Later...
Joan

I planned the region by myself, but another user made this region for me

I am searching for another big map, like "vienna"
Is there a big map, wich look likes "vienna"?

djvandrake

Later...
Joan

Thanks Joan.  ;D  I made this map myself by importing a greyscale of terrain from somewhere in New Zealand, then I tweaked it a bit here and there to get what I wanted.  Speaking of tweaking, here's the final result that I'm going to start building on.

Some of the islands are sure to change, and I may move some shorelines around when I start building my new city.  :)

Eliteforce

My region just reached the 3 million sim mark!

This is the highest population I have ever reached in a region. 

(click thumbnail for full size!)