• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBC

That's a beautiful region, Eliteforce - and a massive city!

My region (in progress):

Click for larger...

metasmurf

Duvad

think its been a few years since i posted my region here, still got a while to go to fill it up

Eliteforce

Quote from: Duvad on April 08, 2010, 06:45:23 AM
think its been a few years since i posted my region here, still got a while to go to fill it up

Good-looking region. 

My region just hit 5 million sims today

FrankU

That is a very nice region, with beautiful varying landscapes.

I do have something completely different. The landscape is dull: completly flat. But the aim is not to make a realistically landscaped city, but to make a large metropolis.
The base of the city is a square of about 40 tiles wide made by Avenues. Within these squares I build neighbourhoods, commercials and/or industry. Of course there are stretched squares, diagonalised ones and other distortions. I developed about 9 cities out of 18. All together I reached 2M inhabitants and I was very happy to see stage 10 industrials grow. And I have some real skyscraper districts for the first time since I play SC4 (since 2005).
The only networks I use are Street/Road/Avenue, Bus and some heavy Rail. And I must say I am not a very crafted rail builder. Some railwaystations are not used at all, some other are hopelessly overcrowded.

Now take a look:

The traffic view shows the base structure:

blade2k5

Quote from: RBC on March 29, 2010, 04:16:33 PM
That's a beautiful region, Eliteforce - and a massive city!

My region (in progress):

Click for larger...

I love how you are developing the Omaha map :thumbsup:  What I like best is your use of plop-water and adding in the rivers/streams/canals where I was unable to draw those in during the map-making process.  Excellent work &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

RBC

Thank you blade2k5. I'm really glad you like it. Most places it has - in spite of your problems making the map - been quite easy to see where to plot the water. I really have to thank you right back. It's an excellent map!

rusummer1

Here's the region I'm working on. Its NOT a recreation.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

superhands

This is Bunbury so far (not a re-creation) using the excellent map from Dobdriver....

click for full pic.

-dave

FrankU

MandelSoft

My latest region shot:

Region:Imaginia
Population:3.2 million Sims
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

This is what I've been working on for more than a year :-[

click for full resolution
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

JamesSanner

From my [developing] region based around the city of Grand Haven.

RickD

That looks very good, James. Ever thought about starting a MD?  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

blade2k5

Quote from: RBC on April 18, 2010, 10:45:52 AM
Thank you blade2k5. I'm really glad you like it. Most places it has - in spite of your problems making the map - been quite easy to see where to plot the water. I really have to thank you right back. It's an excellent map!

;D  That's the best praise a mapper can recieve, next to a happy cutomer actually developing the region :thumbsup:

Here's a peek at what I hope will become a cj/md in the near future...

click to see much bigger image :)

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

TiFlo

@ blake2k5
That's a beautifully shaped region. Is it custom made or can I find it somewhere?

blade2k5

Quote from: TiFlo on June 18, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
@ blake2k5
That's a beautifully shaped region. Is it custom made or can I find it somewhere?

Custom made from real world DEM [can't remember where though] and is accurately scaled for size and elevation.  No plans at this time to release it, but eventually it will find it's way to the LEX. :thumbsup:

TiFlo

Awe, it looked so cool! I'll be patient then, thank you.  :D

woodb3kmaster

Here's the latest region view for Nyhaven (click for full resolution):

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

djvandrake