• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

More of a region collage than a single pic. Hope you like it:

This features a few dozen of my cities. Schulmania has more, but some don't have much distinctiveness. These cover all developed areas to date pretty well, giving a broad view of what Schulmania looks like.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Dantes

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Varnado

Check out my region of Prospect Bay! Built on the terrain of the Nelson, New Zealand region, this region takes inspiration from the small towns of the Washington, Oregon and Northern California coast, with the more urban areas taking queues from the historic big cities of the US west coast. And of course I can't deny the influence of some famous SimCity 4 players, especially Maarten and Casper among many others.

My philosophy so far has been organic development: Starting out with small coastal settlements and agriculture and gradually expanding things, building infrastructure as it is warranted. I also tried to stick to a roughly historical progression with my infrastructure, at first forcing everyone to rely on narrow, windy street networks and sea transportation and adding more in as the towns of the region grew. Today, nearing 250,000 total population, the region features a more than 300 mile long rail network, taking spurs into account, and I've only just gotten started with putting in two tile surface road networks, and recently built the first stretch of expressway.

Region overview
Regional transportation overview
Master plan for future infrastructure projects and development

There is still a lot left to do, I'll be sure to come back once I've finished the projects outlined in the regional master plan!
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Pioneer

Quote from: Varnado on August 16, 2013, 05:10:49 PM
Check out my region of Prospect Bay! Built on the terrain of the Nelson, New Zealand region, this region takes inspiration from the small towns of the Washington, Oregon and Northern California coast, with the more urban areas taking queues from the historic big cities of the US west coast. And of course I can't deny the influence of some famous SimCity 4 players, especially Maarten and Casper among many others.

My philosophy so far has been organic development: Starting out with small coastal settlements and agriculture and gradually expanding things, building infrastructure as it is warranted. I also tried to stick to a roughly historical progression with my infrastructure, at first forcing everyone to rely on narrow, windy street networks and sea transportation and adding more in as the towns of the region grew. Today, nearing 250,000 total population, the region features a more than 300 mile long rail network, taking spurs into account, and I've only just gotten started with putting in two tile surface road networks, and recently built the first stretch of expressway.

Region overview
Regional transportation overview
Master plan for future infrastructure projects and development

There is still a lot left to do, I'll be sure to come back once I've finished the projects outlined in the regional master plan!
In your youtube videos as of 10:05 AM EDT 8/21/2013 You haven't shown us: Port Jay, Port Jay Station, Watertown, Transit Town, Puyallup, Westborough, Hilton, Foothill, Midland, Haunted Valley, Tidewater, Round Valley, and Songbird Island.

sim_link

Here's 2 from me. Comparison shots. ;D

Holt District (July 2012)

Holt District (June 2013)

catty

Its been a while since someone posted a picture of their region, so I'll kick this topic back to life   :D

it started life off a couple of years ago as a RTMT test region, but once the testing had finished unlike all my other test regions this one I kept as my play region and have been playing with it every since, its not very realistic, and the eventual aim is to have the ocean running all along the bottom of the map and up the right-hand side

This is the transport map

and this is the region itself

()stsfd()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Shroud

Great work keeping up with one region Catty. It takes perseverance to not start on a new region sometimes.

shinkansen1

I am a bit nervous to share mine, since my type of gameplay may be greatly different from everyone else's, but I have literally been playing the same region since I first got the game about ten years ago. Cities have been heavily remodeled, obliterated, and re-established. The biggest thing that has kept me in the same region is that all of my attempts at starting new regions have been extremely boring, uneventful, and fruitless, sometimes ending in bankruptcy.

The image is fairly large sized, and I do not know how to post thumbnail links.

EDIT - Added the image tag - Arthur/Moderator.

catty

Quote from: shinkansen1 on December 08, 2013, 10:22:46 PM
I am a bit nervous to share mine, since my type of gameplay may be greatly different from everyone else's...

its vastly different from mine certainly, but that doesn't change the fact that I think its a great looking region, if you ever decide to post some close up shots I'd love to see them   :thumbsup:

and this   &apls  as well, thanks for sharing

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

vortext

Twenty-friggin'-two million sims!!  :shocked2: That's quite an achievement shinkansen1&apls

Your region is nice too Catty. A bit gritty though.  ;) :D

This recent activity also reminded me I'd promised to post a region view of a friend of mine.

*click for full size*

It's a recreation of 's-Hertogenbosch, not his first attempt but certainly the best to date. Unfortunately he has lost interest in Simcity since. &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Hi Erik,

This looks like a gridless city. How did he do that? Some FAR here and there I do beleive, but this is really no grod at all!

vortext

No fancy FAR, in fact he thought NAM was too much hassle (I tried to persuade him otherwise  :D). iirc he meticulously measured the street plan in google maps and then did some calculations to recreate it as close as possible ingame.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

I love those kind of region shots. Unfortunately, if it's NAMless it's gonna be all zigzag streets which doesn't look very nice in city view (especially painful for railroads). But great effort nonetheless.

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Indeed....
I'd like to see some city views. Are they available?

art128

Reminds me of EJC's recreations. Looking fantastic in region view, but when you zoom in you can see the infinite zigzags.  Still pretty nice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kitsune

Here is the last region I did - for some reason some of the tiles are fuzzy looking and I have no idea why. Logging activities have also scarred the land scape  :-X

~ NAM Team Member

Swordmaster

Nice view! I also have blurred tiles sometimes, but not as bad as yours. For optimal region views, you need to save your cities in anything except zoom 1, and on a resolution no greater than 1280x1024.

Cheers
Willy

Stewey

Here is an image of my first attempt at a hand drawn region,

Cresano Firma:

It is not in any way accurate, I am no artist or expert at geology so I have no idea if the mountains are to scale or in the rivers and valleys are realistic enough. For this region, all my coastal areas are orthogonal so that I can place whatever CDK or ports I want as well as bridges.

As you can see, I have just started this region (again). I have started to construct my main motorway network (RHW 6C, since they are the largest type in the UK) and I am just concentrating on my agricultural areas.

Here is a close-up of the top left city:

Top Range Point: