• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Best PhotoShopping

Started by dedgren, October 18, 2007, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopCliff

Hehe, if you say so.

Looks like a bomb went off in Ft. Worth. Hm, not my best work.

This is what global warming will do! I know it's dark. It was the only way to get the effect to work right. I have one other picture, this time of Hong Kong, but I'm a little worried about it. It may be seen as good PSing, or just bad taste. I'm morally gray on this one. As of now, that's my PS cache. Thank you. *bows to the audience*
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Shadow Assassin

Love the first one, not so sure about the second. :P

Nice job, though. I'll have more PSing on the way, I suppose.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

TopCliff

I thought I'd revive this. A friend and I were doing all these (crappy) disaster scenarios, and his city was Hong Kong. So, he wants, like, a volcanic eruption to happen in the IFC tower. He wanted me to put it here.

Just wondering, but has anyone ever been to Worth1000.com? That place is awesome!!! Say, SA, when might you follow up on your previous post?  ;D
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

cameron1991

Well I found a whole lot of GIMP tutorials last night and decided to try them out
Heres some pictures I created from two tutorials
The first tutorial just shows you how to turn a picture into a sketch
The first one is a sketch of Rihanna, I got the picture from a tutorial and IMHO looks the best

The second picture is of Jessica Alba which IMO doesnt look as good as the Rihanna one

And the last sketch is of some mountains in Wyoming which IMO looks the worst out of my sketches

The second tutorial shows you how to create "vexel simulation on photos"
This is the tutorial where I got the Rihanna picture from

And heres the Wyoming mountain picture

Im not going to post the Jessica Alba picture because it looks really bad...

Also if anyone wants them I could find the link to the tutorials

rooker1

Great pics.  The links to those tutorials would be cool.

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

jacqulina

cameron1991

Ok, heres the link for vexel simulation on photos tutorial
And heres the link for the sketch effect tutorial
also heres a link for more GIMP techniques and special effects tutorials

Heres two pictures I just made
The first is just a sketch of an F22 Raptor

And the second is an exploding planet (The tutorial for this can be found in the last link under Photos/wallpapers)

pilotdaryl

Quote from: suplado! on December 02, 2007, 04:02:04 AM
a recent photoshopped pic... ;D

i made the skyline and the plane...
WOW $%Grinno$% &apls ;D
----------
Only two examples of a photoshopped SimCity 4 image in here so far.  Here's mine.

Downtown Marshall, South Dakota, 2007
Not the best, but when Marshall comes out late-January...  $%Grinno$%
Original image for comparison

flame1396

Each of these takes roughly 2 or 3 hours, rings another 4. They are all made in resolutions of like 5000x5000 and rescaled.

And for comedy's sake:

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

cameron1991

wow! those planets look amazing! where did you learn yo make those?

TopCliff

Great PSing all. Now, I have one of my oldest works here. Keep in mind, this was the first image EVER I ran through PS and I really liked the results. Until I found out all this stuff to make it look, well, real.

Original picture:

PSed picture:

I feel okay with the results. I like how the windows actually lit themselves up through a custom filter. Plus, the Moon is hand drawn. Not my best work, but I like it.

Shadow Assassin

If you add a bit of yellow to the filter, it'll look much more realistic. :P

It does have its own charm, and I quite like it. Heh.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

TopCliff

Thanks. Keep in mind, that file's probably long gone and it's like, two years old. Anyways, here's my first try with what the greatest PhotoShoppers would call a Modern Ruin.

I'd actually really like some feedback and constructive criticism on this one. Not my best work (I've gotten much better now), but I was really inspired by these.

http://www.worth1000.com/galleries.asp?rel=Modern+Ruins&display=photoshop&id=5610

tomdapom

Hmmm Leo. I really like the buildings in the background, but Big Ben doesn't look as good. The First things I noticed were the pieces of 'rubble' on Big Ben. However, they look more like they were just shoved there, instead of actually falling out. Try overlapping the rubble with pieces of the old structuring, to make it feel more authentic. The structuring around the middle of Big Ben looks good, just that it's on the wrong angle to the rest of the building . . . try getting it to the right angling next time. And how I know this? I took the tutorial (and messed it up a bit, but it was my first try . . .  :P)

TopCliff

Quote from: tomdapom on January 25, 2008, 05:35:59 PM
And how I know this? I took the tutorial (and messed it up a bit, but it was my first try . . .  :P)

Um, same here. Trust me, my latest work in this "area" is a vast improvement. And Tom, maybe you should share with us your first attempt. I did. ;D

Masochist

An experiment involving Tilt-Shift in SC4.

Original Picture -

Tilt-Shift -

(Under Construction)

capo

I really like the result Masochist, I will try this for sure (as soon as I figered out how :) ) but if you don't mind me saying, I think with sharpening the result would have been even better!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

Masochist

Quote from: capo on February 10, 2008, 05:27:34 PM
but if you don't mind me saying, I think with sharpening the result would have been even better!

You're right...I've switched the photos :P!  I've sharpened it a bit...don't want it too sharp, though.  The houses to the right look 10x better, though :thumbsup:.

By the way, here's a link for the [Photoshop tutorial] I followed, and a link to a [tutorial using The GIMP] :thumbsup:.
(Under Construction)

Pat

Isaac that is just stunning how you did that to the pic and btw how do you do it?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

capo

Quote from: Masochist on February 10, 2008, 05:43:30 PM
You're right...I've switched the photos :P!  I've sharpened it a bit...don't want it too sharp, though.  The houses to the right look 10x better, though :thumbsup:.

By the way, here's a link for the [Photoshop tutorial] I followed, and a link to a [tutorial using The GIMP] :thumbsup:.

Big thx to you for the links Masochist! And yes, the pic looks even better now! (much better edges) Btw, lately I have been looking at the colouring of pictures taken from SC and I didn't make much progress. Would you happen to have some advice on that topic also?

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!