• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Buddybuds Expansive Attempts at Anything & Everything.

Started by buddybud, November 12, 2007, 03:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

they are cracking.... i mean absolutely spanking...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

jeronij

Excellent progress  :thumbsup: . The more I look at that green texture the more I like it ...  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Silur

Yes, this a fantastic work - this a GREAT !!!
I know about some distant of this for me - but I like it very much - THANK YOU !!!

thundercrack83

WOW!

Magnificent work here, my friend! I can't wait to see more progress!

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

buddybud

merrry christmas everyone

bat56

Your progress has been rapid. I love better and better this project, like all your oldest indeed!  &apls

merrry christmas & Take Care!

Sam  :thumbsup:

bat

Great new picture there!
Merry Christmas to you, too!

Silur

thundercrack83

Magnificent job, buddybud!

Merry Christmas, my friend! Well, it's Boxing Day now!

vester

Merry Christmas Bubbybuds.

That shadow in the second pictures looks off. Maybe it's the wall around (almost) it and the missing support of the el-rail?

SC4BOY

buddybud

Posted by: vester
  That shadow in the second pictures looks off. Maybe it's the wall around (almost) it and the missing support of the el-rail?

actually thats the shadow from the ingame maxis shadows....so if its off blame them...lol...but mostly it looks out of wack because none of the supports or skirt are made yet....unless i missunderstood you...lol.

thanx everyone else

Edit. the more i look at it the more i agree. you'll note this is the first time i think i posted looking at this angle. i plan to slightly illuminate those side renders to bring out the detail and kill the optical illusion.

heres a picture showing the illusion illustrated using an upside down purple u placed over a building confirming its proper angles. but over the track it still looks out of whack even though the angles are true and its an identical copy to the other. i think bringing colour and details into the blacked out sides will help overcome this.  And i dont think the unfinished diagonals are helping at all...lol.

below off topic
ignore the industry textures. just demonstrating some extreme prop slope conforming diags here. ie no textures.

slope mod

no slope mod

right now the base is made up of 4 slightly oversized triangular props. the thing is that on a slope the four corners stay the same distance apart as the slope increases and decreases.  to make up for that the surface area of the slope face increases as the slope increases. the problem with using one prop would be that it would either be to big or to small depending on the slope angle. On a non-diagonal slope two rectangular props that over lap at the center of the tile works efficiently as shown. however on diagnols there is an additional crease running through the square that immediatly requires you to double your two props into four to deal with the two new surface areas both of which can have variable slope. and thats almost as complex as it gets.... ;) oh and of course there is still cracks viewable..but ill deal with that.

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Ennedi

@buddybud,

It is very interesting what you say about these "slope conforming diagonals", and I see your method of using four oversized props works very well  :)

Quotehowever on diagnols there is an additional crease running through the square that immediatly requires you to double your two props into four to deal with the two new surface areas both of which can have variable slope. and thats almost as complex as it

This crease appears in particular conditions (not always).
When you drag a network, it forces the terrain to change according to this network parameters (they are in the exemplar called "Street/Road/etc... Placement Tuning Parameters). Maybe there is a way to adjust these parameters (properties) to force the terrain tiles to be sloped, but without this crease? (Sorry, It's hard for me to said it precisely in English  ;))
Which parameters? Maybe these of them which are responsible for smoothing a network?
In fact, what you showed on your first picture (with slope mod) is just how work smoothing properties.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Buddybud simply put stunning!!! This is turning out real well...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Great work buddybud.  I really like how this is comming along so far. 
I hope you had a great holiday and all the best to you in the New Year. 

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteMaybe there is a way to adjust these parameters (properties) to force the terrain tiles to be sloped, but without this crease?

Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way. The crease effect can be switched on and off using the Terrain Parameters (that's how the Diagonal Fix mod was done)... but the side effect is increased cliffiness. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Ennedi

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on December 27, 2007, 05:18:50 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work that way. The crease effect can be switched on and off using the Terrain Parameters (that's how the Diagonal Fix mod was done)... but the side effect is increased cliffiness. :P

You are right SA - thank you  :thumbsup:
But the crease appears only if four corners of the tile are not on the same plane. I'm thinking about softening sloped tiles along the diagonal line keeping their corners on the same plane and I'd like to know if it is possible.
This problem can be interesting and I will think about it, but maybe I will PM you in next few days instead of cluttering Buddybud's thread  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine