• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Evolution of an Avatar...

Started by mightygoose, April 09, 2008, 09:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

Since I have 800 posts at ST I have made my 1,000-1,500 avatar:
This one is a special one!
The only thing is that it is fairly small...
un1 Islands Icon

Welcome to Page 2!!!!  &apls

callagrafx

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 14, 2008, 03:13:02 AM
Yes, I am. :P

I've got most of Pratchett's books. But I've always liked that Death picture [the one I've got in my post]... it's pretty cool.

Here's a piece of trivia for you...Death is the only character to appear in all Discworld books except for The Wee Free Men (who are the single most hysterical creations of TPs since Sam Vimes).

So that makes Me, Barby, SA and Fred so far...We just need one more for a decent game of Cripple Mr Onion.

p.s. Fred, me you and Barby are going to bore the rest of them in July  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

freedo50

Ok, so I've changed to this:

What do you think? I'm not sure, I quite liked the last one and it kinda became synonymous with me I think, but this is cool too. Its on a probationary period I think.

Quote from: callagrafx on May 25, 2008, 10:28:05 AM
p.s. Fred, me you and Barby are going to bore the rest of them in July  :D :D

Lee, I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds fun! (Have I missed a really obvious one here?!)

Fred

freedo50

Talk about OT! The mods around here, seriously...  $%Grinno$%

Topic split go here for The Official Terry Pratchett Thread.

Fred

vester

Well my new avatar is also Death.

Yes I am also a DiscWorld fan. Only got to Wyrd Sisters.

Meastro444

does someone know the story behind the Goddess' Avatar?
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

BarbyW

My avatar started out without the BSC Globe and was one I picked from a set. Rubik3 added the globe in late 2004 and I have kept it ever since. No other story to it $%Grinno$%
bourneid made a couple of alternatives but I have lost those in assorted HD crashes. I don't see the need to change my avatar as so many people recognise it now.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

Mine was stolen from a set at Pegs and modified to have a black helmet with the silver fern on it.

Unassigned

This is my cat. Photo taken 2001 with my first digital camera, amazing resolution of 320x200...the pic has *ahem* slight fuzziness which I find enhances the demonic look of the cat. I use this avatar on most forums I frequent.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Meastro444

Quote from: BarbyW on May 27, 2008, 12:29:02 AM
My avatar started out without the BSC Globe and was one I picked from a set. Rubik3 added the globe in late 2004 and I have kept it ever since. No other story to it $%Grinno$%
bourneid made a couple of alternatives but I have lost those in assorted HD crashes. I don't see the need to change my avatar as so many people recognise it now.
aw, BourneID lost them? shame... they wouldve been so nice in here *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge*
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

buddybud

Well no ones responded here for awhile but i like the idea!

My avatar is simply an old pink floyd concert poster altered a bit in photoshop. If you look close thats a little pink pig flying aroud one of the stacks of the Battersea Power Station in England. My tag below is stolen from the album cover being promoted from the same tour. Essentially they were the most inspirational band to me growing up and i love the grittiness of industrial landscape in photography.

Cheers.
Bud

choco

"you cannot strike till the moment is right, without thinking....."

great album!

my normal set of avatars isn't typically acceptable on most forums, so i made this one specifically for SC4D.  the city in which i live (Pittsburgh) has many historic bridges, which in many ways directly led to my current hobby of bridge BATing......so i pulled this avatar from a particularly famous bridge in my city that's still in use today, which is registered as a National Civil Engineering Landmark.  it not likely anyone would recognize it (the avatar) unless you've actually walked across the bridge, but ist there to remind me that i still need to develop my skills before i can attempt to BAT that bridge.....

sort of, something to work towards.... :)

WC_EEND

The Top Gear logo became my avatar, because
1)I like Top Gear
2)I was too lazy to look for a pic of myself at the time
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

callagrafx

Heh, changed mine to Sam Vimes [Linkie]....everyone loves a cynic  ;D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

I changed mine recently to the torch here as I wanted to try something a bit diffrent from the normal fire logos I normally have....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

oh here is the latest incarnation of the goose avatar... the first of three flavours you may see over the next few months.

designed to commemorate the arrival of Simtropolis 6.0.

the citiesXL commemorative avatar is also in the works....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....