• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP] SCAG McDonnell Douglas MD-80 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, May 25, 2008, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

neongamer

Looking great PD! Are you doing personal liveries or just real ones? If you're doing personal, I have one for my city, Los Angas.

ShadeSlayer

Looking good.

As I was reading through this thread, it seemed like you had some computer troubles. Seems like something you'll have to fix.

Being the expert I am in the field, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have when this stuff happens again as I don't want to see all the work and such lost. ;)

RG59061

What has happened with this project?

It seems to have just stopped. I hope that there is a chance that the MD-80 can be started back up again.

So many good Airlines flew the MD-80, and having the T-Tails is a wonderful sight for any airport.

Here's hoping!

RG
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

pilotdaryl

I've been working vigorously on the 777 lately and may have excluded from the MD-80 from my schedules... this project will have to remain on hold for awhile due to many reasons mostly including the 777 but also due to production of other (and even simiilar) aircraft lines such as the 727 and Joel's turboprops.  I'll likely get back to working this after the 777 prop packs are released but for now I really have nothing to say.  Thanks for posting here though and giving me a reminder that I should continue the MD-80 soon.

RG59061

No worries.

Just looking forward to much more variety than the standard 720 Automata from Maxis.

Combining the aircraft that the AC Team is putting together and your team, will give SC4 Airports so much more variety!

When you and your team get the time...I know we will all be excited for the MD-80 pack as well.

Take Care!
RG
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

i_love_lamp

omg, i love this place! Cant wait, my airports r startin to get mighty boring after seeing this!

joelyboy911

Thank you i_love_lamp. Unfortunately due to a mix of real life issues, and a focus on the B777 project, Pilotdaryl hasn't been able to make any progress on this model, as far as I'm aware.

When he has some more progress, he'll show it. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten or cancelled the project without telling us.

This thread is going to be locked until Pilotdaryl sees fit to reactivate it.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Pilotdaryl has sent me the files of the project, as he has withdrawn from custom content creation.  :(

So the team will be working to finish the MD-80 and MD-90 project and we will release a set of no more than 20 of them, at some stage. Followingly, we will finish the last derivatives, the MD-95/B717. We may also go back and make the original, the DC-9 at some point.

I've completed one livery so far: American Airlines.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

[Delta ²k5]

Ah, I see your point! you will first upgrade the model (Rollce Royce Engines and a bit longer) then downgrade the model (make it shorter (717) and mount the JT8D's (DC-9).

Great work on the Livery so far, but I personally do think that the cockpit windows could need some work. I think that the window frame need to be less visible, more grey and half so thick. The windows on the cockpit sides are a bit to pointy. the frame is okay at this part, but the window itself isn't :P. The next "error" I wanna mention is the upper "eyebrow" window: It doesn't have any visible frame (well, It wouldn't have from the sc4 viewpoint) and is a square, not a triangle ;) Here's a picture to make visible what I mean. I marked the points in the same colour as in the text above :)

Note: This is only a friendly meant critique :thumbsup: The rest of the plane is simply greate! &apls

WITN

I am liking the American Md-80! I live near Austin, and always fly out on MD-80's from american. Just makes my airports much more realistic (seeing as I have never on a domestic flight flown a 737)

KoV Liberty

Looks awesome Joel. Glad to this this project being put back in action. So sad to see PD give it up.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

T-Tail Productions

I'm sure you already have a list, but these liveries should be included:

-American
-Delta
-Alaska
-Midwest
-Allegiant (very important, because there are no Allegiant liveries on any sc4 aircraft)
-Meridiana (doesn't exist yet)
-Alitalia (currently no Alitalia jets for sc4)
-Aeromexico
-SAS
-Spanair (once again, doesn't exist)
-Aerolíneas Argentinas
-Iberia (would be nice, but certainly not necessary).

Your project looks absolutely stunning so far, and i can't wait for it to come out! By the way, this thread came up quite a while ago, so where are you guys at now? Also, what software do you use to make the aircraft, as well as the textures/lighting?

Thanks, and keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

The MD-80 project - back to life!

I've done some work to update the model, and I'm pleased to announce the team's continuation of the project. There's still a long way to go, but the legacy of Pilotdaryl lives on :P

Another team member will probably lead the completion of this  project, and we are collectively beginning to work on liveries for it. These are my initial contributions, and I know they will be lapped up by you guys!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Cyclone1001

LOVE! <3

Now that I've got that out of the way, That looks amazing. Something I will definitely be following and wishing for.

WC_EEND

since this project now oficially has come back to life, here are the liveries I plan on doing:

-*A SAS
-SAS
-Alitalia
-Spanair
-Aerolinas Argentinas
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Jack Bauer

Nice I flew with Delta airlines on a MD-88 last week. These planes are THE planes to make an American airport

apeguy

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Mulu2065