• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Boeing 777 Project

Started by pilotdaryl, September 20, 2008, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumba

You can actually see some lines way up close to the aircraft,

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM---Royal/Boeing-777-206-ER/1337634/M/

But really, if you don't like it, you don't have to download it. If you have a complaint with the texture, instead of critizing it, give help to him so he can solve the issue than making a problem out of it. :)

Anyways, good job Pilo, keep it up! Can't wait to see these beauty in game!
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

Yoman

Its really not a problem, its personal taste. Pilot knows what to do if he doesn't want the lines, but that his choice. So I don't see how I'm going to help him solve the issue? If your talking about the leading edge of the wing issue, me and Cal have offered advice and I believe Pilot is correcting it now, or when he gets the chance. So please refrain from telling me that I'm making a problem out of it.

As for Pilot, like I said, I look forward to seeing the pesky vertex fixed. Its incredibly annoying when working in one view, and you accidently move it someway, you don't realize it, do an entire thing, go back, and its completely messed up:P Don't know if its ever happened to you, but it did to me, so annoying :P

callagrafx

Quote from: Kumba on September 22, 2008, 05:09:16 PM
But really, if you don't like it, you don't have to download it. If you have a complaint with the texture, instead of critizing it, give help to him so he can solve the issue than making a problem out of it. :)

Let's keep in civil please...this is Daryl's thread for showcasing his work, not a streetcorner.  This site promotes the constructive approach to all aspects of custom content creation, so if someone sees a problem, they highlight it in a constructive way and offer advice on a fix, which is what both Yoman and I did.  This isn't an "ooh ahh" site, but a development one.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

feliwi

Hi team members,

I asked pilotdaryl for a livery of Kaibesian Airways, which I didn't see on the list. Is it still alive, if not can it become active again (you can also send me the empty skin and I'll do it for you, you just would have to BAT it for me, because I totally suck at this)
As well I asked for an Austrian Airlines livery!

Thanks a lot, feliwi

Fatsuhono

Hey Feliwi! Sorry, SCAG isn't taking requests right now because we are very busy setting up our new home at Devotion, however, if you has already requested a livery and Daryl said yes, than it will most likely being made, but it may take a while since, as I said, we are very busy. But don't worry! :)

pilotdaryl

Yoman: There will indeed be nightlights, Right now I plan to make them myself.  I don't really get what you mean by 'pesky vertex...' do you mean on the wing?  I don't see any errors at all... (I'll take a picture of the wireframe in a min)
Kumba: Thanks!
Callagrafx: Thanks for that.  We don't want any arguments here ;)
feliwi: Kalbeisan Airways is listed as 'current requests,' which is a low priority right now; I've been cutting back on requests in favour of finishing the RL liveries.  Right now, I am not taking any 'new requests.'

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

pilotdaryl

All new Northeast Orient Livery on request by connorc24!

More liveries coming soon!
Is that a Mt. Fuji on the tail?  A custom-made cherry tree there, too!

Fatsuhono

Wow amazing work Daryl! I love this new livery and name for an airline! Keep it up! ;)

BourneID

when the texture template was origionally made...  it was images like this

http://www.airliners.net/photo/KLM---Royal/Boeing-737-8K2/1405400/L/

that was used to make it...  real aircraft have those lines... they are the seems between section.... it also helps when rendered to break up some of the colors and give detail the the rendered prop...specially when you use light colors.

Smile Y'all

porter66083

I know I may tick someone off (its not hard sometimes) but I was wondering if I could have a blank template to make my own livery with. I'd even be willing to help make other liveries if you guys want...

Jacob

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

ShadeSlayer

Two questions if you don't mind:

1) Are you lotting these?
2) When's the anticipated release date?

NASCAR_Guy

Can you make a livery for Delta Airlines?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Einheriar

What about a livery for Malaysian Airways and SAS, 2 of my favorit carriers, when going to SE Asia :)

pilotdaryl

Now, for that long overdue update that has been constantly delayed due to an extremely busy life:

I've been able to model the windows and complete the tail nightlighting.  I'm right now experimenting with lighting the front similar to keep everything in line with AC's jets, but I've been having a bit of trouble doing that correctly.  If you have any suggestions and tips for the nightlighting, I am taking them now.  These nightlights and the completed LODs will be merged into the other 777 models; final touches have been finished, and I am now working on getting these in-game. ;D

Fatsuhono: Thanks!
art128: Hey, thanks a lot!
Simpson: More applause, please? :P Just kidding.  That's enough, thanks!
ShadeSlayer: They will be released when they are done.  The 777 is on time and the first batch is scheduled to release this winter.  These will be lotted, attached to jetways, but you can lot them anywhere.
NASCAR_Guy: There aren't many north american liveries right now, but a Delta livery is being scheduled along with NWA and United. ;)
Einheriar: The SCAG already has a Malaysian Airlines livery; this will be coming out in the first release.  SAS currently has no 777 orders, but I'll see what I can do. ;D

Jack Bauer

Your planes are so realistic and it is exactly the king of models it lacks, the 777's!!!!!! I can't wait for seing the United Airlines version!! Do you will make a British Airways version?

cameron1991

That looks great, but I think the tail lighting needs to be touched up a bit.
It currently isn't spread evenly enough across the tail, it should look more like this:

Yoman

Maybe light up the cockpit, wingtip lights etc? And do you plan on releasing these without fixing the leading edge of the wing texture error?