• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP/REL] SCAG Boeing 727-200 - Prop Pack Released

Started by RustyXL, October 08, 2008, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyXL

I've started working on a Boeing 727-200. I'll be making a regular version, one with winglets, and maybe a cargo version with an open cargo door.

pilotdaryl

Fatsuhono

Beautiful Rusty, I can't wait to see the progress! :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

simsmart

I see something starting!  &apls

RustyXL

Thanks for the coments everyone.  :)

This is what I've done since yesterday:

Fatsuhono

Looking great my friend! :thumbsup: Do you have any tips on making curvature of the wings at the base?

art128

that's looking good my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RustyXL

Fatsuhono: Well I mostly just move vertexes around to get the shape I want, but you could also try using a smooth modifier.

I've finished the main parts of the plane, now I'm going to start working on the landing gear and other details.

Fatsuhono

WOW! :thumbsup: Rusty, this is beautiful. Very talented for creating an airliner my friend! Lovely work!

To make the jets, you make a cylinder with several segments, and use the scale tool to change the properties at different ends?

RustyXL

Thanks! Yes, to make the jet engines you use a cylinder and scale and move the sections around to get it into the right shape. That technique works on most parts of the plane actually. Of course you'll still have to adjust a few parts manually, but it makes it much easier.

pilotdaryl

Woah!  That looks interesting!  Nice! ;D
I think you should remake your engines.   I do not use cylinders for engines, but I use similar things called "tubes" ;) this way, instead of having a flat front it looks realistic.  The way I create the engine shape is the same as how you described.

RustyXL

I guess I'll try that and see how it looks that way. It's not really flat though, it actually has an interior thats black. It looks flat in that pic because of the angle.

Fatsuhono

Nevertheless it is indisputable in quality! :thumbsup:

simsmart

Nice start you have there!  :thumbsup:

I know it's a bit early, but would it be possible to make a modified version with different sized engines and wingtips?

RustyXL

simsmart: If I get a diagram for the larger engines I'll make them. I was already planning on making a version with winglets so once I'm done with the basic plane I'll add them.

I'm mostly finished with the modelling, but I'm not sure how many small details I should add. A lot of it wouldn't be noticeable in the game so can you guys let me know if there's a detail that you think I should add?
Here's how it looks right now:

pilotdaryl

Lights, antennas, those little arrows on the top of the plane...
Lot's of details bud!  Have a look at some real-life pictures of the 727 and you'll see.
Looking awesome, by the way! ;D  I might be able to do some extra work for you (such as shape fixing, etc.), as well as teach you more about how I make my planes.

RustyXL

Are those details really going to be noticeable in the game? I don't want to spend a lot of time getting a small part right and then find out it isn't even noticeable.

pilotdaryl

Yup. If you take a look at my MD-80, some lights and antennae on the top of the fuselage appear very clear.  I do leave some details though that of course won't be seen in-game such as the same antennae that are on the bottom of the fuselage.

papab2000

I don't know anything about modeling but this jet is looking very nice.  :thumbsup: Good job.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie