• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Unwanted anonimous plug-ins: how can I recognize them?

Started by 0rion79, November 01, 2008, 07:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0rion79

Hi,

At last I have deleted almost every unwanted element from my game after downloading all available CAMeLOTs, but there are still some unwanted leftovers that have not been able to identify.

They are the "Jenna Lynn" and two "FBC futuristic toll entrance signs" and the problem is that I don't find any plug in with those names in my plugin folder.
I don't remember where I've got them: they are probably part of some dependency or texture pack.
FBC futuristic toll entrance signs could even be cute, but I have 2 brown boxes instead and, anyway, I don't want them in the middle of my parks&Plazas menu.

I have tried with Windows "search" option, but I just can't find them. Any advice??
Thank you!

BarbyW

Jenna Lynn is the name of one of Simgoober's early office blocks that is in one of his model packs now.
The FBC lots I cannot help with. Have you tried searching the STEX for those?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

cogeo

1. Search the LEX and STEX (most probably they are old stuff).
2. You can search the prop or building by opening LE, clicking Add and type-in the name exactly. The LE will find any (sub)string contained either in the bldg/prop's name on in the description.
3. Make an new lot containing only these items (delete everyhing else), save and exit.
4. Open the lot in the reader; the LD file will contain all "dependencies". You can also use the dependency scanner feature of SC4Tool.

0rion79

Thanks, It was in the SG_Lots_Offices_HiRise1 file :)
And thanks for the hint too, because they were part of Yoshiisland's props vol_1
Thanks for the hints! :)