• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Place Your Region In The World / The Many Nations of SC4

Started by projectadam, January 16, 2009, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

To place images in Sc4Devotion you first take them in-game by pressing CTRL-Shift-S, or by going into the options menu in-game. Then you go into your "My Documents" folder, double click Sim City 4, and you should see about 8-10 folders. One should be called "Albums." If you have it that is fine, if you don't than you can easily create one (but you may have to go back to the game an retake your pics). Then upload them to any photo sharing site, personally I use photobucket, but any other site will do. ;) But first you may want to edit your pics so they are in jpeg format. The game is programmed to take them in PNG format which take them in sizes about 10x larger than jpeg. The easiest way to do this (I think anyway) is to do this in Irfanview. This is the easiest way. You first click "file" and then
"open". Then navigate the folders till you come to the "albums" folder again and then open the pics. Then "Save As" and put the format to jpeg. Then you can upload them to Photobucket or whaever website you use. However, for the saving images as jpeg I recommend making a sub-folder in the albums folder called "everything" or something like that. Hope this helps you greatly!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Enslaved Viking

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on October 31, 2009, 06:24:04 PM
To place images in Sc4Devotion you first take them in-game by pressing CTRL-Shift-S, or by going into the options menu in-game. Then you go into your "My Documents" folder, double click Sim City 4, and you should see about 8-10 folders. One should be called "Albums." If you have it that is fine, if you don't than you can easily create one (but you may have to go back to the game an retake your pics). Then upload them to any photo sharing site, personally I use photobucket, but any other site will do. ;) But first you may want to edit your pics so they are in jpeg format. The game is programmed to take them in PNG format which take them in sizes about 10x larger than jpeg. The easiest way to do this (I think anyway) is to do this in Irfanview. This is the easiest way. You first click "file" and then
"open". Then navigate the folders till you come to the "albums" folder again and then open the pics. Then "Save As" and put the format to jpeg. Then you can upload them to Photobucket or whaever website you use. However, for the saving images as jpeg I recommend making a sub-folder in the albums folder called "everything" or something like that. Hope this helps you greatly!
Thanks, that is helpful, I just press, Print screen button and open and then save as with paint.  I didn't know about CTRL+SHIFT+S
Love Cats. Love Pokemon. Love SimCity 4. Love Pacific Northwest where I live

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

MattyFo

My region of the Royal Islands is located in the southern part of the North Atlantic Ocean.  Basiclly in the very middle of the ocean.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

dragonshardz

Well, let's see...

Jenress is currently inactive, but I'm working on reviving it.

It used to be on an unidentified extrasolar planet that is now destroyed, and is now located on the fourth planet in the 51 Pegasi system.

canyonjumper

My MD Cascadia is set on the West Coast of North America, in 2011-.

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Exla357

My MD, The Uptown, is located in the Continent of North America, State of California (SoCal area (for those of you who don't know, that's what the locals call Southern California))

banditp61

Well, I've been working on a map of Denver, Colorado and Colorado Springs, Colorado... So can I get those two areas?