• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Big Dig pieces ...

Started by Colyn, April 07, 2007, 06:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

I wonder if someone can tell me ...

I have two islands in my city and I connected them with the Big Dig Ground Highway pieces ... I did connect the Underground Rail and both ends has power but the sims is not using it ...

Any ideas please ?
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Rayden

Is that the only connection between the islands? If so, try to buld some residencial only in one side and commerce in the other to see if they commute to work.

Colyn

I have industrial on one and residents on the other ... no flow :(

Yes it was  the only connection.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

I havent used these piece really often but as far as I know they work like Underground stations (i.e. massive transit). Maybe you have some ordinance blocking your sims to use the mass transit ? Just an idea.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Frankie

If the island is all wealthy sims, they refuse to use mass transit anyway. I have never had problems with it, but the game needs to run for a year or two before the big dig pieces are actually used (or..that's how it is for me). Hope that helps,

-Frankie

Swamper77

You need to have a valid roadway connecting the two areas, even if you block all traffic from using it. Since the subway is faster than the roadway, the commuters will use the Big Dig connections instead. I discovered this issue when testing them on my system. The connecting roadway helps the computer resolve the commute connections and calculations. Otherwise, it assumes there is no way from Point A to Point B.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Colyn

Thanks Jan I will try that. Having the roadway sort of defeats the object of the exercise. :(
Come see CSX Play

Swamper77

Colyn,

I know, but that is the only way to get the game's pathfinding system to acknowledge that the two areas are connected.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!