• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Rickmastfan: Make the line a little shorter. Otherwise, it's looking good.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on May 05, 2007, 04:05:13 AM
Rickmastfan: Make the line a little shorter. Otherwise, it's looking good.

Well, that's the same size that the current RHW pieces are using right now.

But I'll look into making it possibly shorter if Tarkus thinks that's a good idea. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

jeronij

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 05, 2007, 02:57:38 AM
I want to let you guys know, I'm working with Tarkus to updated the current style RHW pieces.  The additions to them will be this:

• Brighter paint; Both the Yellow and White lines will be upgrade to show up better and to be more realistic
  • Highway reflectors; I've created a highway reflector to go in between the middle lane divider lines

There is no timetable to when I'll have all of the normal pieces upgraded because RL can always throw a curve at ya when you can least predict it.

But, here's a preview shot of the one title that I have done so you guys can see what it will look like. ;)

I really like the reflector :thumbsup: . I am not sure how it will look like on a long RHW strip.... if it looks too repetitive, you may consider using T21 exemplars to add them more "spaced"

About the new paint, I also prefere the new ones but they will make look the RHW always very very new. Maybe a slight paintbrush edtion (add some dirty, not too much, just a little touch) would help to make the look more realistic  ;)

This is of course my humble opinion ::) . You are making a great work so far, and the new look makes the tool even more interesting and eye-candy  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Tarkus

Well, rickmastfan67, I think they look fine with that line width like it is, though if you really wanted to, you could shorten it just a little. 

jeronij, if you're wondering whatwhat rickmastfan67's textures look like in the game, here's a pic:

Personally, from what I've seen on US highways, I'd say the spacing is actually quite accurate.  Some of them look a little bit lighter since they are on RHWMIS pieces and are undergoing the 3D render.

And Colyn, thanks!  It's no problem. ;)

-Alex

Pat

Hey Alex that is looking pretty good.
I do agree with Jeronij that the reflectors should
have more spacing like in every other one not one
after the other.  But other then that its looking mighty
fine - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Thanks for the pic Alex, they dont look too repetitive  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

glepet

Nice work you folks are doing. I think the reflectors are just right. Can't wait to do interchanges like that in my regions.  :thumbsup:

EDGE4194

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and wanted to give my support. This project is coming along great, and am looking forward the new release. The reflectors and the lines look just right. Alex- your hard work is appreciated  &apls

TheTeaCat

Astounding work and effort that has been put into this. I am sure that most of the community are eagerly looking forward to its release and here is a thank you on behalf of all the people who never comment ;) and of course from me too :D.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Masochist

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 06, 2007, 02:58:34 PM
here is a thank you on behalf of all the people who never comment ;)

Heh heh...thanks, TTC! ;)

And thanks to everyone involved in this project!  I, like so many others, really appreciate what you guys have done/are doing for this game!
(Under Construction)

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Thanks again for your support and compliments for the project.  We're more than happy to provide the community with improved transportation options. ;)

I'm posting this primarily to further update everyone on status.  Unfortunately, it is appearing that the long-anticipated MIS will probably not be a part of the next RHW release, but the reasoning for that is that the next NAM is coming quite soon, quicker than I can get the RHWMIS ready for public consumption.   ;)    My utmost goal is to keep the RHW compliant with the NAM at all times, so that the whole "v17 Saga" doesn't happen all over again.  The RHWMIS will still be released in fairly short order, just after the next NAM/RHW release.  And of course, being a NAM-ite, I can't give a release date for anything.  :D 

My apologies for any inconvenience.

-Alex

glepet

Well, we all appreciate your hard work - That's EVERYONE working on these modds that make our SC4 gaming experience more enjoyable. We await, patiently, knowing that your work will be exceptional. I know that if I hadn't found you folks here with all this wonderful improved stuff and additional content, and all the great tutorials and personal, friendly help, I would have probably moved on to another game. But, you all keep it fresh, exciting and interesting. SC4 and SC4DEV is an addiction I'm happy to have.
$%Grinno$%

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jeronij on May 05, 2007, 05:13:45 AM
I really like the reflector :thumbsup: . I am not sure how it will look like on a long RHW strip.... if it looks too repetitive, you may consider using T21 exemplars to add them more "spaced"

About the new paint, I also prefere the new ones but they will make look the RHW always very very new. Maybe a slight paintbrush edtion (add some dirty, not too much, just a little touch) would help to make the look more realistic  ;)

This is of course my humble opinion ::) . You are making a great work so far, and the new look makes the tool even more interesting and eye-candy  :thumbsup:

I'll look into that.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I just might make them a tad darker, but I don't know at this time.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Zaphod

The reflectors look good

Just a stupid question about the MIS, is it going to have guardrails or those concrete barriers? or is that not possible to do?
War Kittens !?

BigSlark

Alex,
So whats going on in RHW world? I'm still curious and following the Transit Modding world.

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Zaphod: Well, it is possible to do, and it's something I'd like to do.  I'm leaning toward concrete right now. 

Kevin:  Well, there hasn't been much lately.  RL's been hitting me lately, plus helping finish up things with the next NAM, and I'm also in the process of prepping a new MD.  But, I do have a rather big announcement regarding the future of my transit modding projects to make. 

The RHW will cease to exist as a separate mod by the release of v14, possibly even by v13b (the next release). The RHW will become an integral component in a new mod package, the Network Widening Mod, or NWM for short.  In addition to the RHW, the NWM project will also incorporate the Turning Lane Avenues (TLA) Project, as well as the Wider One-Ways project, and future override-based network extensions. 

Hope that answers your questions.  The next NAM will be out very soon as well. ;)  Hope everything is going well in Central America.

-Alex

DFire870

This officially confirms that the transit mods for SimCity 4 is nothing but alphabet soup. :D

Anyways, can't wait for the NWM to come out.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

thundercrack83

Well, this is good news, Alex! I can't wait for the NWM to be released! Keep up the fantastic work, my friend!

glepet

ditto, here.
I'm almost not wanting to start anything new until it comes out.

Filasimo

garrrrr!!!! im gonna have to redo my city again so i can use the wider OWR mod when it comes out  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//