• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Quote from: slincoln on July 09, 2007, 08:55:00 AM
With those lanes like that I wonder if it would be possible to make exit only lanes for the MIS exits, and then make entrances to the freeway have that 3rd lane for merging....

I plan on making some in the future.  However, right now, I have to finish the lane transitions for the default RHW-6/8.  Then I can get to Exit Ramps that have a lane end directly onto a MIS piece.

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 09, 2007, 05:14:07 AM
I have to think about that.  Should have an idea later today.

Ok, I have an idea.  How about a sign that says "West US-22 to I-376" and then under it "Harrisburg, PA" then under it "Pittsburgh, PA".  I can provide you the I-376 shield.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow Assassin

Shadow Assassin: In SC4Tool just TE the lot for road (make sure you have the directions the way you want), save and then in the Reader change the 13th rep of the tile you want TE'd for the RHW to 0x0000000B and save it sould now be TE'd for RHW

I've done that - I think the behaviour of the RHW has changed quite a bit, though. It just won't allow a through route (unless I cheat and use roads, because the transition will act a little differently).

Quote@SA   Those interchange pieces if they are going to be part of MIS, should probably be puzzle pieces as that is what Tarkus is using for all the other MIS pieces.  It may even be possible to get that to be draggable if I had the textures

Yup, I know, but I did some normal overlay textures for people to use in lots.

EDIT:

Morning on Route 36 - showing the RHW in action, as well as a lot with the offramp. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

blahdy

rickmastfan:  sorry, but it appears the VMS takes all needed space out of the sign bridge :/  but i've also changed the sign width for that large sign that had 495 on it.  So I can re-edit that sign to the content you wanted.  provide me with the shield and exact wording/configuration of how you want the sign to look and i'll get it done for ya... unless ofcourse, you think the current one i put up looks good ;)  up to you man..

Here is the completed type-21 exemplar for rickmastfan's texture:

HabLeUrG

blahdy everything is perfect, but the base texture looks odd I dunno how  :-[ maybe the road lines looks too wide

Shadow Assassin

Looks good, blahdy. I have never seen a camera that high up, though. Here, they're usually sitting just above the sign gantry.

Love the flow sticky up thingies. :P They're awesome. They'd be perfect for use in tidal flow situations.
New Horizons Productions

blahdy

Quote from: HabLeUrG on July 10, 2007, 11:38:57 PM
blahdy everything is perfect, but the base texture looks odd I dunno how  :-[ maybe the road lines looks too wide

the base texture won't be part of my finished product, and I haven't updated my texture to rickmastfan's latest version yet (i will soon)  I'm just using the base texture to guide on where to place the structures and signs :)  When it becomes finalized, everything minus the texture will be rendered as a prop model, which then can be brought onto RHW as a type-21 exemplar by Tarkus, using proper texture.

Swamper77

Blahdy,

For a T21, you will not want it all as one piece. A puzzle piece that size is made up of several models/textures, one for each tile that it covers. So you will want the gantry assemblies, the flow sticks, and the jersey barriers all as separate props.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

blahdy

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 11, 2007, 12:08:20 AM
Blahdy,

For a T21, you will not want it all as one piece. A puzzle piece that size is made up of several models/textures, one for each tile that it covers. So you will want the gantry assemblies, the flow sticks, and the jersey barriers all as separate props.

-Swamper77

roger that I'll group them separately as recommended before handing it over. ;)  thanks for the tip

rickmastfan67

Looks great blahdy.

Quote from: blahdy on July 10, 2007, 11:34:09 PM
rickmastfan:  sorry, but it appears the VMS takes all needed space out of the sign bridge :/  but i've also changed the sign width for that large sign that had 495 on it.  So I can re-edit that sign to the content you wanted.  provide me with the shield and exact wording/configuration of how you want the sign to look and i'll get it done for ya... unless ofcourse, you think the current one i put up looks good ;)  up to you man..

Well, since you're using I-90 stand along shields on the poles, would you be up to playing with both of the BGS's to a Pennsylvania flavor since I-90 visits PA?  Since we have two Interstate Junctions with I-90 here in PA (I-79 & I-86), how about we model the BGS off of one of them?  I'm thinking about the I-79 interchange myself since it has a A and B ramps since you have 2 BGS's on the signboards.
http://www.wrx900.com/I-90%20at%20I-79%20Erie.jpg
That's a link to a picture somebody else took going EB on I-90 @ the I-79 interchange.  I can provide you with a proper I-79 shield with no problems since I've personally worked up a personal 2di shield that I can change the numbers on it to anything I want.  Heck, it even works with a 3di Interstate on the 2di shield.  If you're wondering why I fiddled with that option for it, it's because of I-295 in Jacksonville, FL.  About 90% of the I-295 shields down there are on 2di shields.  No idea why, but it's like that.

So, I'll try to catch you later tonight on MSN with the I-79 shield. ;)  I'll leave the distance part up to you for underneath the control cities. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow Assassin

... and the RHW asphalt mod's done.

The RHW in action in a built up area.

Will post it on the LEX soon, but I have to get permission first. :P

(until then, it'll be on the STEX soon :P)
New Horizons Productions

mightygoose

maybe its just me, but those rickmasterfan lane merge textures are still far to aggressive to be realistic.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions

jplumbley

@Rickmastfan  Is there a possibility of you sending me the textures you have created for the transitions you made?  Alex and I were coming up with some ideas last night in how to implement them and I am sure I can get them to work with RULs to make them draggable without the use of puzzle pieces.

@SA  Very nice!  That is an awesome set of textures.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

mightygoose hope this post answers your comment:

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 24, 2007, 05:18:06 AM
1. It doesn't always happen.  I based the two puzzle pieces you see in this thread on real-life stretches of road that I've personally traveled on.  For the RHW-4 to RHW-8C, I based that off of two different segments on I-77 in NC and SC. (See post #157)  Also here's the Sat Image links to those areas.  Based them both sides on SB I-77's design and added a little bit of a personal flare to them.  Plus on the merge from 4 to 2 lanes, I made that shorter than what it looks like in real life because I don't think anybody would want a 3x30 puzzle piece that they couldn't add any off-ramps to if SC4 would have allowed it. LOL.  Anyways, here's the Sat images of those areas:
I-77 NC   I-77 SC
For the RHW-4 to RHW-6C, I made it similar to the other piece.  But with the RHW-6C to RHW-8C piece, I do plan on making the left shoulder follow the yellow line.

2. See #1.  However the RHW-6C to RHW-8C piece lanes will be similar when I have that completed.

3. Are you referring to the RHW-4 to RHW-6C piece, or both of them with that comment?  You want me to somewhat gray out the area past the yellow line on the RHW-4 to RHW-6C piece?  Because I can do that since I did that with the RHW-4 to RHW-8C piece.  Or did you have something else in mind?  If you did, please provide a picture in what you're thinking so we're on the same page.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

DFire870

Quote from: mightygoose on July 11, 2007, 05:40:57 AM
maybe its just me, but those rickmasterfan lane merge textures are still far to aggressive to be realistic.

Agreed. Usually there's a bigger distance for the merge, or one of the right lanes becomes exit-only.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

jplumbley

Comon guys.  Rick's textures look just fine.  You need to remember there is RL and then there is a SC4 Balance, we need to realize that the Vanilla highway has on/off ramps of 3 tiles (speaking of aggresive), Rick is doubling that with 6 or more tiles in length.  If he goes much further, there will be people complaining that they are too long and it leaves a wide open space with no over passes.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

toxicpiano

Quote from: jplumbley on July 11, 2007, 07:49:16 AM
Comon guys.  Rick's textures look just fine.  You need to remember there is RL and then there is a SC4 Balance, we need to realize that the Vanilla highway has on/off ramps of 3 tiles (speaking of aggresive), Rick is doubling that with 6 or more tiles in length.  If he goes much further, there will be people complaining that they are too long and it leaves a wide open space with no over passes.
Agreed.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Andreas

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 11, 2007, 04:23:47 AM
Will post it on the LEX soon, but I have to get permission first. :P

What about uploading them with the NAM team account, like the other NAM stuff? I could also create a small installer, although I guess the file isn't that huge to justify one. ;)
Andreas

blahdy

Quote from: mightygoose on July 11, 2007, 05:40:57 AM

There are actually lane mergers that happen at shorter distance, more often in urban/sub-urban environments in northeast US. 

Obviously, the modeling work I've done on top of rickmastfan's texture conforms with strict highway safety standards to realistically compensate for the short merger approach distance -- flashing lights on lane merger signs, flow sticks, etc are all recommended and approved practices by federal highway administration.

Tarkus

Quote from: Andreas on July 11, 2007, 09:22:29 AM
What about uploading them with the NAM team account, like the other NAM stuff? I could also create a small installer, although I guess the file isn't that huge to justify one. ;)

I second that one.  Those are some really, really nice textures SA.

And I'll also come to the defense of rickmastfan67's textures.  They look more than fine to me.  The signs are looking superb as well, blahdy. :thumbsup:

I should actually have some developmental stuff to show here soon.  Some wild stuff. ;)

-Alex

Edit: And SA, the reason why the RHW is acting funny on the TE lots is because setting the Transit-Enabling to 0x000000B will set it for the default ANT (RHW-2).  It will require a custom path to work properly with the RHW-4.  The one you'll want is 0x5EEE0100.