• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcs072488

Is it possible to make Multi Level interchanges with the MIS ;D
JCS

Johnnyman7

I posted this over on Simtropolis - I hope nobody stones me to death for asking it here. I just cant figure out my problem.  ()sad()  Any help would be appreciated:

But I just installed the new NAM and RHW last night, and unfortunately, it's not working for me. I followed Tarkus's instructions exactly - first deleting the old NAM, then installing the new one, installing the NAM Essentials, and then the new RHW.

When I fire up Simcity, the RHW icon shows up, but when I go to plop the highway the way I did before, it doesnt show up. In other words, it just stays as a ANT road - not switching to the RHW when its supposed to.

Am I doing something wrong? I used the prior RHW with no problems at all. Is there a certain order that the RHW has to be loaded in the Plugins folder?  %confuso  Thanks in advance for the help.

jplumbley

@Johnny  If you want RHW-4 to draw, right now you have to drag 2, side by side ANT networks next to each other.  It will not change the textures unless this is so.  I hope this is what your issue is.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Quote from: Johnnyman7 on July 16, 2007, 02:19:04 PM
But I just installed the new NAM and RHW last night, and unfortunately, it's not working for me. I followed Tarkus's instructions exactly - first deleting the old NAM, then installing the new one, installing the NAM Essentials, and then the new RHW.

You forgot one important step - reading the readme file.  "$Deal"$
Andreas

jlouhill

OK. Having a little trouble with the new RHW euro texture replacement modd. The only way the hightway works is if I lay down two roads right next to each other. How do you get them to work with wider medians? Also I can't find these new curves and what not. I have the modd in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\John Thornhill\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\NetworkAddonMod\Rural Highway Mod

Is this correct or do I need to move it out of this folder and after the NAM essentials folder?

Thanks,
John

Filasimo

If you are having problems with the new NAM, there is a thread for that to post your issues: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.0
thanks and good luck!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: jlouhill on July 16, 2007, 07:44:43 PM
OK. Having a little trouble with the new RHW euro texture replacement modd. The only way the hightway works is if I lay down two roads right next to each other. How do you get them to work with wider medians? Also I can't find these new curves and what not. I have the modd in the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\John Thornhill\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\NetworkAddonMod\Rural Highway Mod

Is this correct or do I need to move it out of this folder and after the NAM essentials folder?

Thanks,
John

Try putting the RHW euro texture mod into a folder called \SimCity 4\Plugins\zzz_RHW\ and see if that problem goes away. It could be a file conflict.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

blunderclod

Being a graphic artist for 30 years and then retiring for 4, once again, I feel the creative juices starting to flow. This time in a slightly different direction than before. With that in mind, I would like to help with RHW project. In order to get underway in understanding how to set things up, I have a few questions to ask. Please don't throw me to the lions for this.
The questions are... What kind of programs are you using to Mod with? What do you use for creating pathways or automaticas? I'm willing to learn from scratch but I just need the right direction to start from. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
-Blunderclod aka Susan Marie

jplumbley

@Blunderclod  Please PM me with your questions about helping out.  We can find attempt to find something in which you can help in.

Tools used in Transit modding:

SC4Tool (textures)
iLive Reader (RUL editing and other general modding)
Swamper77 (SC4 Path genius) Sometimes use Daeley's Path Creation Tool.
Gmax or 3DS (3D network models)
Paint, Photoshop, etc. (texture creation)
Lot Editor (T21 Exemplars)

Each of these areas have their own "experts" and it takes about 3 to 4 people to create a full new network.  Textures, Models, Modders (can be more than one modder).  PM me and I can try to help with details as best as I can.

It takes a very logical thinker to be a RUL editor, and you need to be able to visualize before its in-game, otherwise you will never understand.  It is hard to teach RUL editing it only comes from practice and patience.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Johnnyman7

Hey Tarkus,
Thanks for the reply.

I used the RHW (prior version) in the past in my cities with no problems, so I know how to use it and how to lay the ANT network next to each other. After I switched over to the the NAM and the new RHW, I see the "RHW" button in my "highways" menu. I click it, lay two roads next to each other, but they stay as roads....they dont transition to the RHW.

I followed your post on how to install the new NAM step-by-step (which is excellent, BTW  &apls), and I've read the Read Me. I guess I'll read it again to make sure I havent missed anything, but am I doing something wrong? Does a certain file need to be located in the same folder as the NAM? Is there anything that needs to be "last loaded"?

This is my first-ever NAM/plugin file (been playing for 2 years)...I guess I'm no longer a Plugin virgin.  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: jplumbley on July 16, 2007, 02:36:55 PM
@Johnny  If you want RHW-4 to draw, right now you have to drag 2, side by side ANT networks next to each other.  It will not change the textures unless this is so.  I hope this is what your issue is.

Swamper77

Quote from: jplumbley on July 17, 2007, 11:37:15 AM
Swamper77 (SC4 Path genius) Sometimes use Daeley's Path Creation Tool.

Just a SC4 Path Genius? I'm a bit more than that, and you know that ;)

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

jplumbley

Quote from: Swamper77 on July 17, 2007, 01:25:00 PM
Just a SC4 Path Genius? I'm a bit more than that, and you know that ;)

-Swamper77

In no way did I mean for it to read that you only do pathing.  You are a SC4Path Genius though!!

Street Addon Mod - SAM

jlouhill

Thanks Shadow Assassin. I tried that and still no go. The only time anything changes is when I put two Rural Hwys next to each other. If I try to do it with a wider median I just get two roads. Also, I'm not seeing any of these new curves and such that comes with the RHW texture replacement. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Sir Charles of Dunlap

This is probably a waste of space to ask/say. But what if the RHW textures of the highway itself were wealth dependent rather than the sidewalks w/e it is along side them. So rural areas are more... Beat up looking, and urban areas are in better condition. Just a thought. Probably way to late.

-Charlie

ACEfanatic02

Quote from: Sir Charles of Dunlap on July 17, 2007, 10:57:16 PM
This is probably a waste of space to ask/say. But what if the RHW textures of the highway itself were wealth dependent rather than the sidewalks w/e it is along side them. So rural areas are more... Beat up looking, and urban areas are in better condition. Just a thought. Probably way to late.

-Charlie
Realistically, it'd be the other way around.

(Rural interstates are better roads than urban interstates, trust me.)

-ACE
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

simzebu

^^ Agreed. Rural Interstates don't have as much traffic, so there isn't as much wear on the road. The only exception is when rural Interstates are about to be repaved, and urban Interstates have just been repaved.

I think the change would need to have transition pieces to make it look natural. I probably wouldn't notice, because my RHW is usually surrounded by things the game considers parks. (Noise barriers, seasonal trees, etc.)
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Right... I guess I got that a little backwards... lol

rickmastfan67

Well guys, here's my announcement.

I'm going to be working with Tarkus and jplumbley on overhauling the main highway pieces for the RHW to version 2.02.  The upgrades include a brand spanking new roadbed and the highway reflectors on each piece to match North America highway standards.  Right now, I only have a preliminary shot of the brand new RHW-4 Curves to show you all.  The pieces for the curves have been updated since this picture below, but I don't have an updated shot to show you all since I'm not at home right now.  So, enjoy this early shot, and hopefully, I'll be able to show off more to you all once I finish off another piece or two. ;)

Also, once I've finished off the RHW-4 pieces, I'll be working on a proper set of RHW-2 pieces that should be released with the next RHW per Tarkus's approval. ;)

Enjoy all. :thumbsup:
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

JGCarter

blunderclod

Way cool. Nice curves.

-blunderclod aka Susan Marie