• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

I agree that looks fantastic  &apls. Keep Up The Great Work. Cant wait to use them already  ;D.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Haljackey

Interesting progress there.  It looks, to me, a little weird how the RHW 6-C or RHW 6-S(?) are drawn, but I'm sure that I will figure it out,  Keep it up everyone, the project is looking just fantastic! :D

writingliberty

looks nice, though it's difficult to visualize the whole system without ramps having been shown (at least not in a while). And the lane reduce/add points. (Will we have an option of a new lane starting from an on ramp? or lane ending at off ramp?)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: writingliberty on August 27, 2007, 12:40:34 AM
(Will we have an option of a new lane starting from an on ramp? or lane ending at off ramp?)

As long as textures are made for them, almost anything is possible. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

allan_kuan1992

The shoulders seem to be too narrow... it reminds me of the Sea to Sky Highway in BC. The province is currently upgrading and expanding it, and from what I have seen driving through there in August, the upgraded and widened portions will still have sections with narrow shoulders.

- Allan Kuan

Filasimo

Allan,
actually here where i live in Nashville,Tennessee, some of the interstates shoulder are very narrow due to the fact that when they were built decades ago, they didnt have room to add shoulders bc of the rocky terrain here
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nashville,+tn&ie=UTF8&ll=36.145852,-86.741644&spn=0.001438,0.002511&t=k&z=19&om=1
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

vester

Filasimo
Instead for just pasting the link into the post, please add some coding like this :
[url=http://......]Nashville,Tennessee[/url]
That long link mess up the page making the thread harder to read.

That will in your case looks like this: Nashville,Tennessee
It's not that hard.

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

blunderclod

Several days and this forum has been awfully quiet... hmmmm

Shadow Assassin

It's most likely because we're suffering from RLS.  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Crissa

Where would I find a tutorial of how what things can and can't interchange with the current RHW?

On and offramps are (currently) done with avenue replacement, avenue intersections, yes?

How do I bridge?  Avenue replacement, then one-way street or highway segments?

Can traffic path through parallel, same direction RHW segments?  (8+ lane projects, etc)

Where's the overpass segments for RHW?  Are there any?

-Crissa

PS:  Everyone keeps saying they need textures.  How are textures inserted/aligned for plugins?  Because I have alot of graphical software (Adobe, Maya, etc) and can output in nearly anything.

cammo2003

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on August 27, 2007, 08:55:52 AM
The shoulders seem to be too narrow... it reminds me of the Sea to Sky Highway in BC. The province is currently upgrading and expanding it, and from what I have seen driving through there in August, the upgraded and widened portions will still have sections with narrow shoulders.

- Allan Kuan

Meh. It wouldn't be hard to create a series of lots or perhaps a street-based puzzle drag that provides a shoulder. It's pretty low on the priority list, though, IMHO.

Tarkus & rickmastfan: everything is looking wonderful. I really like the puzzle-drag RHW-4. It has an additional advantage aside from MIS and collector-distributor systems -- one can emulate successfully a one-way motorway, as pointless as they are.

Shadow Assassin

Quoteone can emulate successfully a one-way motorway, as pointless as they are.

Try telling that to the people who made that motorway in Adelaide. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Quote from: Crissa on September 09, 2007, 05:46:37 PM
PS:  Everyone keeps saying they need textures.  How are textures inserted/aligned for plugins?  Because I have alot of graphical software (Adobe, Maya, etc) and can output in nearly anything.

Textures are created as 128x128 pixel PNGs using PSP, PS, etc.  These are then taken by a modder and made into FSH file (SC4 Textures) using SC4Tool or FiSHman.  The issue is, Modders are generally very basic texture artists at the most.  For the most part Tarkus and I are good at copy/paste/overlay type functions and getting better at making the textures.  But, for additions that are totally new and there is no base texture provided for us, we have troubles making these.

If you would like to get into texturing to help make these and other projects go faster, send me a PM.  Texturing is one of the easiest ways to help out, its just in most cases you need to have a talented eye for making them and a little bit of patience.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Crissa

I can totally mod up any 128 texture PNGs you want.  Do they have an alpha channel or no?

Totally I can do that.  It'd be nice if I had a sample or two from a modder so I know what brightness is apprpos for projects, and I'd be working in a vaccum, but I can totally make any PNG blend, rotate, or pattern you'd like.  I was making some tire tracks for some 3D virtual world projects and 128 textures are a whiz to make by comparison.

-Crissa

jplumbley

@Crissa  If want to help send me a PM, it will take a couple of days to extract some old textures for you to investigate.   If any other members who need texture help for an upcoming mod, please speak up.  If not I will find something that can be done!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Actually, I'd need some texturing help. :) I always wanted to edit Marrast's road underpass for the Euro Road Textures Mod, but my attempts so far have shown mixed results. For more information, look here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=210.msg70258#msg70258
Andreas

rickmastfan67

FYI: I hope to be posting an update soon on the Upgrade process of the RHW-2 system.  When I do, you guys will be shocked at some of the ideas I have and hope to be implemented into the system for you realistic buffs. ;)