• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dragon Islands Cities

Started by Skimbo, June 06, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skimbo

Sorry for the messup of some pictures (corrected them now)

Replies

@Nascar_Guy: Here is the link, scroll down a bit. http://tadasu29.sakura.ne.jp/bat-ALLstyle.html

@Biriali: For example on hide and seek or simcity.cn, but various others too.
Most of them are listed here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=361.0

General:

A lot of people ask me about the station and shopping center on the 12th pic, here is the link:

http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=577

And I also get a lot of questons about the station on the 13th pic, it can be found here:
At the same site you can find the stations on the pictures 1, 7, 15 and 19 too.

http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

planetechef

great pictures i like very much the 21 with this little train station with the trees, look very nice  &apls
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

Skimbo

@Planetechef: Thank you :) niche that you like it.

And now: the 17th update of this MD:

The captain of this sailing boat is at one of the most beautyful places of the city..... At the waterfront of the downtown district.
Und jetzt:
Das 17. Update.

But at the wrong time, this place shows it's beauty in the nighttime!

It's expansive to live here....

This os one of the oldest buildings of the city, buildt in the 14th century this castle has lasted for a long time here.

Closer view of the main buildng:

The promenade often ends for some small waterfront parks....

This building is the highest one that stands directly next to the water....

The pier is a very nice place for toursts to make impressive skyline pics....

The univercity has been buildt back in colonial times....

An overview over the northern waterfront....

And one over the southern one.... in foreground you can see some parts of the dragoneye....

I hope you've enjoied this update again, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

Comments are always welcome.

Skimbo

Update 18: "Backspin"

Over 70.000W§§§ citizens are liveing at Lòng Chèng, no wonder that there is a golf club too. But also alota W§§ citizens are enjoing golf as well.....
But they haven't got the default country club with it's chip&putt course, no, they've got an old 9-hole golf course from back in the colonial times. And  I'm going to show it to you today.

Btw: If anyone has questions about golf or specififc vocabulary: feel free to ask ;)

The clubhouse is a villa buildt in the colonial times, Some bunkers, holes and ponds have kept their original english nicknames as well. Some villas buildt back then sourround the Clubhouse too.
The cobblestones of the parking space are the same ones as a hunderd years ago. You can see that golf is a less rich-domained sport than in some other countries, A Lada or a Dacia next to some big german limousines ain't a unusual pic there.....

The outdoor range has been taken away from the club after the islands won the "great war" against the britans who had occupied the country for such a long time. Social buildings for the homeless people should have been buildt there, nothing happened. Today it's still an area where they harvest rice every autumn. The club is not allowed to buy this land back, no one knows why.

The old golf course is evil from the beginning. Here at this picture you can see the first hole (bottom) where there is water to the right and out of bounds to the left. The hole at the top is number nine with it's two fairwaybunkers (nicknamed: evil sisters). The water inbetween is called Kimra's lake.

After playing the secound hole, golfers reach the signature hole (number 3)

Isn't it beautyful down there?

The 3rd green is heavy deffended again, alota water.

Here you can see number 4 (at the top, "General Patrick's Hole") and number 5.

...The "Ricey Hell" numbers 6 and 7

Number 8 is a short par 3, number nine can be found on the 2nd pic.

Stats: 9 hole par 35 (70)

Hole---Par---Lengh (meters, yellow tee)---HCP

1---4---402m---3
2---4---384m---9
3---5---530m---1
4---4---301m---15
5---3---135m---11
6---4---364m---5
7---4---360m---7
8---3---75m----17
9---4---291m---13
TOTAL
9---35---2842(5684)m

Here you can see some of the colonial villas....

And here the whole course....

What's where?....

Some "golfer's vocabulary":
(some expressions may differ in various countries)

Bunker= A sandtrap
Fairwaybunker= A sand trap long away from the green
Green=Very short grass arround the hole
Tee=that's the place where you hit your ball the first time at a hole
Fairway=Short grass in the center of every hole
Semirough= a bit higher grass around the fairway
Rough=High grass
Out= out, ball is lost, rehit.
Signature Hole=That's the most beautyful hole, normally a golfclub shows an image of it at it's mainsite.
Par= info how many times you should hit the ball
HCP= Info how difficult the hole is (compared to the others on the course)

I hope you've enjoied this update.

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

tooheys

A great little MD you have going here Skimbo. The pictures of your transportation networks in particular are a standout  :thumbsup:
and a worthy member of the OSITM club.

Congratulations from myself and The SC4d Staff

Dave

nbvc

Great updates and congratulations on OSITM.  &apls

At some places of the golf course I would have placed more weeds or some other plants from the RRP Pasture Flora-Set around the pond.

Where did you find the rocks you have placed in the water? Some look like Peg's rocks but some look different.

TheTeaCat

Congratulations on being OSITM.  &apls &apls

I can see why your MD was chosen and boy am I gald it was, otherwise I would have missed
some amazing pics.

I'll will certainly be back for more :D

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Skimbo

First I have to say a big thank you to the one who has nominated my MD for the OSITM, I'm very happy about it.

@tooheys: thanks a lot. I love transportation networks, so I try to build them as realistic as possible.

@nbvc:thank you :)

Okay, I will make a 2nd version of my golflots with more weeds around the water. I don't know if I want to use other sets than the PPond props for that because I may release them sometimes.....
Some of thoose rocks are the ones from Pegasus, the others are made by Heblem and can be found on ST

@TheTeaCat: Thank you too :) Nice that you like it.

rooker1

It seems I have missed a few great updates. ;)
Congrats on the OSITM!! It's obvious why you are here.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

daryl7478

Nice golf course there! Also, congrats on OSITM. But you kind of have a lot of misspelled vocabulary. But it's okay, you're Austrian.

Allstillwell

Hey, Skimbo thanks for making me never want to play sim city 4 again.

RickD

Great golg course. And congrats on the OSITM. You deserve it. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Battlecat

Very neat style you're developing here!  Congratulations on you OSITM! 

Yan077

Congrats on your OSITM  :thumbsup:
Some very nice pictures on this update, love that golf course !

Skimbo

Replies:

@Rooker: Thank you :)

@daryl:Yes, I know, I try to minimize it but it's very hard to do so....

@Allstillwell:Oh, sorry. But I think that's only temporary ;D

@RickD: Thank you :)

@Battlecat: Thank you too :)

@Yan077: Thank you, nice that you like it :)

Update 19

Heyho and welcome to the nineteenth update of this MD. Today I will introduce you to LCRT line 1, connecting the industrial district of Dà Nàng  with the small suburban city Fengbào yánchéng.

Here we see the station Haigang, translated: seaport. The small industrial harbour of Dà Nàng is located to it's left (you may see some buildings of it) Due the single track it's not possible to provide a full service.

This is Dà Nàng gongyè station, every train that uses the left platform is able to move to Haigang, every train that uses the right platform is only able to change direction to Lòng Chèng again or to head into the small rolling stock depot at the end of the dual track....
Due the fact that a single track limits the number of trains that pass the next section it's only possible to provide a service every ten minutes during rush hour. Half of the rush hour trains do not head until this station.

This image shows a short train (only 5 wagons) between Dà Nàng gongyè and it's next stop Sha wo.

Sha wo is a small village along the tracks, it has been founded as a hometown for industrial workers during the colonial times.....

You may remember this section of the track from a former update focused on Dà nàng....

This picture of an extra long train headding north along the A2 must have been taken during rush hour, LCRT has already made most of the platforms longer but still needs to update some....

This image shows the station Dong Dà Nàng, from now on full service during the rush hour is provided too. During RH every second train ends up here, the two platforms have to be a temporary solution, if something goes wrong all trains are too late. But it's actually not the most critical point of the line 1.

This actually is the most critical point of the line, you might say okay, it's another about 560 meters long single tracked section.... I would be a liar if I would say that's not true. But here you've got to see another aspect: Here is full service provided during rush hour, that means every 2.5 minutes a train from the opposite direction! Than there also exists a railroad crossing, open for about a minute after the last train has passed it.

Short after passing the single track section the trains pass the city boarder and reach Lóng shanlù. It's about 300 meters walking distance to a station of the line U1, too far to be told intercharge station...

One of the few rail road crossings of Lònghù. (there actually are 4 in the entire city, number may change in the future)

Zhongyang chezhàn, you might already know this station, here the line 1 meets the lines 2 (Update16) and the line 6(which will follow the line 1 for a couple of stations). Exchange to the line U2 and the interregional Shinkansen line is provided as well. During the rush hour each one of the two platforms has to handle a busy train every 2,5 minutes...

Here you can see the station Zhuyào dàolù, it's more like a stressless stop than a busy station(Asian definition of stressless) It's located along the 6 laned main road, and named after it.

A train heading to it's next stop, An dé la lù.

An dé la lù is a funny station, one half is already renovated, the other one not.

Somewhere between An dé la lù and Sìmiào...

Again^^ but this time we can see the split of the lines 1 and 6 on the left side....

This actually is the line triangle, here we can see a train of the line 1 (left) waiting for a train of the line 4 or 5 to pass....

Sìmiào ("temple") is another large intercharge station, during rush hour the two platforms are as busy as at Zhongyang chezhàn.

And from another side....

A train of the 4 or 5 line heads to our last visited station...

A short time after the 4 and 5 line left again the line 1 meets another couple of tracks, but these are only used in early morning and late evening hours to bring the trains to and get 'em from the depot.

A small Marina along the tracks...

A train entering Jiù yingtáo alì, line 3 joined shortly before....

Some of you may already know this station as well....

Most of you might know Chéngshì bàndao as well (13th update). here ends the full service during rush hour and during the night.

Here we see the point where the 3 line leaves the 1 line again, this time we will follow the tracks the right one of those trains came from.

This is Jia nà si lù station, from now on we will travel on a single track again...

This train passes a beautiful scenery on it's way to Hua nòng.

This actually is Hua nòng, only one station left....

Fengbào yánchéng, we can't go any further than this, at least not by train because line 1 ends here.
Ad that's also the location where I will take pictures for the next update. Than I will show you why this place is called "Stormy Rock"

Of course, I've made a linemap again, here you go:

I hope you've enjoyed this update
Comments and critics are always very welcome

Greetings from Lònghù, Skimbo :)

Tomas Neto

Battlecat

Fantastic update!  Love the way your rail line turned out!

fighter_jingyu

hey nihao my friend :thumbsup:
congrat on the ositm :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
you got a really awesome transportation system :D

~Whale's Christchurch~ a place nearby

Skimbo

Replies:

@Tomas Neto: thank you :)

@Battlecat: Nice that you like it :)

@fighter_jingyu: 谢谢(thank you) :)

Update 20:Fengbào yánchéng&zoo

Heyho and welcome to the twentieth update of my MD Dragon Islands.

Today I want to show you a couple of pictures of the suburban "city" Fengbào yánchéng and it's sourrundings.

The first pictures show the local waterfront promenate around 23PM. A lot of citizens of Lòng Chèng come here. At daytime mostly families to eat some ice cream or take a small tour with a glass bottom boat out to the "Stormy rock" and it's Shipwreck after spending some time in the zoo. At nighttime two cinemas and a cabaret theatre offer their services.

Central promenade:

Bayview Promenade:

Inner promenade (+Glass bottom boat station)

Now I'm going to show you pics of the other two main attractions of the small city.
First the city zoo. It opened shortly after the independence of the country and is the only zoo around Lòng Chèng.

Second "the rock". Te buildings that are build on the halve island are protected by the heavy, wavebreaking rocks of this area. Sadly the shipwreck is not visible due reflections of the blue sky....
The ship was called "Janessa" and was a war frigate that sank shortly before the independence war began during a heavy storm after colliding with "the rock".

This temple is located to the east of Fengbào yánchéng, half way to Chéngshì bàndao. It's dedicated to some dragon spirits, like most of the temples in this region....

A small shrine can be found next to the temple as well, it's located in the middle of some rice paddies to the north of the temple.

Now some pictures from higher aboth.

First some houses along the bay, you can see the temple again in the bottom left corner.

Second "the rock" and most of Fengbào yánchéng.

Third a picture of Fengbào yánchéng at night.

This is Chéngshì bàndao. You can see three rail stations, the one at the bottom is Zài qiúchang shàngcun(end of line 3, update 13). The one to the left is Jia nà si lù and the one to the right the station of Chéngshì bàndao.

And a nightpic again....

And as a conclusion I've got an actual region view.

First the entire region.... as you can see still a lot of land waits to be developed.

And a closer view of the area of interrest. As you can see Lòng Chèng has got a lot of highrises far away from downtown, not the most beautiful city layout :D The suburbs to the north and east are still under development. People who want to study this picture can find the airport and the golf course on the dragon's snooze, the A2 comming in from the east and lots of other things :D.

I hope you've enjoyed this update, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

citybuilderx

Congrats on your OSITM!

Your transportation system is unique and very well designed. Well done  :D
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.