• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dragon Islands Cities

Started by Skimbo, June 06, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalvar

I really like are these cities, you see that you strive to your cities. congratulations.

io_bg

Your transportation layout looks like as if it was taken from a real-world city. Fantastic work! &apls And congrats on the OSITM!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Battlecat

Superb stuff.  That's a great looking waterfront with great shoreline details.  I like the details around your rice fields as well.

In case I haven't mentioned it, I love the shape of those islands.

tooheys

Skimbo, a couple of great updates you have here. The first following the train line is great, some very nice images there. No.2 is my fave. It's also good to see you showing the patience to wait for those trains to appear before taking the shot, sometimes they appear on a regular basis, other times you have to wait (and wait, and wait......)

The latest update is a  nice contrast to the previous. The shorelines are well done and the rice fields in amongst the houses look good. Looking at the region view, that certainly is a challenge but you are working with it well.

Keep up the great work  &apls &apls

Dave

Skimbo

Replies:

@Citybuilderx: Thank you, nice that you like it :)

@Kalvar: Thank you :)

@io_bg: Thank you, I try to build it realistic because I really like good rail systems....

@Battlecat: Oh, that's a lot of nice words compressed in such a small amount of letters :) Thank you.

@Tooheys: Sometimes it takes more than 10 minutes to have a good picture, that can be really boaring.... but than I'm happy because I took another nice train pic.....
And thank you for these positive words :)

Entry 21:

Heyho and welcome to the 21st update of my MD Dragon Islands.

Today I will show you some random city pics I took during the last weeks.

This is one of the most popular shopping centers of the city....

Here we can see one of the smallest parks located not far away from Fènghuáng jiē, one of the city's southern main roads.

This place is located next to the stadium, no special things, I just took it because I liked the scenery...

Something rare at my MD, A train station around midnight. Sadly no train automata came.....

This place is located next to Chēzhàn mǎtóu.... I like those tiny sailing boats.....

This is a popular park located next to Ān dé lā lù, The Britans went away, but their parks stayed.....

Sometimes high land prices lead to curiosity.....

.....but mostly to beautiful sceneries.

Central library and a temple..... you might know them from earlier updates....

Central temple. This building is the reason why the station Sìmiào got it's name.... "Temple"

This is the "southern Downtown" A train of the 4 line is heading to the airport on the old rail viaduct between the highrises....

It's a long time ago since I've made the last pic from a Highway, the one showed here is the A20 on it's (short, only 3 exits) way to the city center.....

And today's last picture shows the station Nánbù chéngzhèn and it's surroundings....

I hope you've enjoyed reading this update, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

RickD

Great update. That highrise in the roundabout is really something else.  ;D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Bobbi

龙城(Lòng Chèng)(Dragon City), 凤凰街(Fènghuáng jiē), 车站码头(Chēzhàn mǎtóu), 安德拉路(Ān dé lā lù), 寺庙(Sìmiào), 南部城镇(Nánbù chéngzhèn)... :D It seems that there're many Chinese living there. But there're a lot of Japan style buildings. ()what()

By the way, great update!

Renne

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Battlecat

Fantastic!  Your urban development looks great!

kodlovag

Congratulations on your OSITM.
I really like how you turn your dragon into gold in region view.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

Skimbo

Replies:

@RickD: Thank you, it actually was a misstake but I've found it too funny to bulldooze it ;D

@Bobbi: Long story....  I try to keep it short:
Dragon Islands is a state that has 3 major population groups: about 44% chineese, 42% japaneese, 12% korean and 2% from other cultures. Chineese is because of the political history (next to english) the secound "official" language that's why all the names of stations, plazas etc. are written in ther chineese version. But the japaneese continue speaking their language as well, so do the koreans. Japaneese is shortly before becomming the third official language of the country, it already replaced french or latin as the third language to learn in schools (Next to english and chineese....) and state employees who do not already speak Japaneese have to learn it.

@Battlecat: Thank you :)

@kodlovag: thank you :) It's the colour of rice shortly before the harvest.... and rice was the first "gold" of theese islands....

Update 22:

Heyho and welcome to the twentysecound update of my MD Dragon Islands, today I'm going to show you some motives from along the LCRT line 4.

Some of you might remember the station Chēzhàn mǎtóu that's located in the southern downtown. Here the trains of line 4 start their rides down to the airport in the far west of the city.

This time we won't follow the tracks to the south like we did in update 13, because line 4 turns right into the city. Unfourtionally we can only see some automata of line 5 (the one on the bridge) and line 3.

The second station of the line 4 is called Yín jiē and shared wih the lines 5 and 6.  The station Yín jiē is named after the road that passes beneath it. The station is used a lot around 8:30 and between 17:00 and 18:00, when the employees who work in the offices around it have finished their work or will start it soon.

A train of the line 4 heads to the east on the old rail viaduct between the highrises.....

The next station on the way to the airport is Fènghuáng jiē (Phoenix road, named after this amazeing birds....) It's still shared with the lines 5 and 6.

This place is located directly after the station Fènghuáng jiē (sorry, I was a bit too early for one of the automatas ::) ....)

A train crosses a bridge in the middle of highrises...

Another already known station: Sìmiào (It's the last already intreduced station for this update, I promise :P ) Line 6 has already left to the north (direction Dà Nàng) and line 4 has to share the plattforms with the lines 1 and 5.

This tim we will turn right here....

This is the station Tǐyùchǎng "Stadium" (The stadium is still one block away but it's the nearest rail station to it and so it's called stadium)
In earlier times of the city development it was planned to make this a mayor station, line 1 ended here for a long time, so did Line 5, the planned line 7 down to Chéngshì bàndǎo has never been realised. So it's just a stop with four platforms and much too much capacity.

....Line 4 uses this small single track section for changeing to the tracks that lead to the airport, the ones at th top left lead to te central depot of LCRT.

Here we've got the last intercarge station on our way to the airport, it's located next to and named after Shuǐxī chēdào. Transfer to the line U3 is provided as well as to some minor important bus lines. It's also located only 300 meters away of the clubhouse of the Lòng Chèng Golfclub (U18, I think)....

The front side of this station can be seen here.

You might have already noticed this piece of thrack when I've intedruced you to the golf course.....

Some closer view...

This is the station Xīfāng lóng chéng, line 5 ends here leaving line 4 the only line to use the tracks. The single platform to the top and the platform 2 are used by 4 line trains only, the trains of the 5 line use platform 3.

A train in a curve that heads to Chēzhàn mǎtóu.....

This is Wú lù, a small stop named after the road next to it.

Just some motives....

Theese are already the last meters of Line 4...

And here we are, at Jīchǎng.

And of course I provide a linemap again....
(Mosaique, 2 pics)

I hope you have enjoied this update,

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

Battlecat

Fantastic!  Love the urban rail network.  I like your transit maps, they look very professional. 

Paul 999

This is nice! Your railway is great  :)

travismking

this is one of my favorites :) I love the way you use heavy rail in your urban areas :)

kwakelaar

Great looking pictures, and I really like your small graphic designs for the different railway stations.

Sven800

Absolutely stunning. Great work so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Skimbo

Replies:

@Battlecat: Thank you :)

@Paul999: Thank you too :)

@travismking: nice to hear that this is one of your favorites, thank you :)

@kwakelaar: Thank you :) Theese words motivate!

@Sven 800: thank you too :)

U23:

Heyho and welcome to the twentythird update of my MD dragon Islands.

Today I'm going to show you some pictures of the (small) airport of Lòng Chèng.

Pilots do not like this airport, it's difficult to land there because of the very short runway and a lot of wind. A 707 is the absolute maximum, anything larger can't land.
It also can be very dangerous if a plane does not land exactly on the marked points, water and rocks are very close to both ends of the runway.

Okay, let's show some pics.

The first thing a passenger sees is the main building of the airport, a 2 story flat roofed building with a very functional design.

The parking garages are located to the south of the small airport.

Some helipads provide the possibility of a very fast transfer in direction downtown.

The terminal building is located on the east end of the area next to the rail station.

Some open air gats and the tower follow on this site.

A parking lot for planes provides a small space for necessary repairs, but there actually ain't hangars for huge planes, too less space....
But some smaller hangars for private plains do exist.

The grass around the runway has more flowers than anything elles....

As you can see.... only some meters space....

The small fuel depot and two small hangars are located on the north end of the area.

some Overviews:

The area arond the airport is a (compared to other places in the city) cheap place to build on....

And as the last pic, just Wu road. The road that leads to the airport.

I hope you've enjoied this update, greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

Skimbo

Replies:

Sadly none.... On other sites I've got the feedback that the runway is much too short, I will change this by building a bigger airport in the norhwest of the city.

Update 24:

Today, As a last OSITM update in august 2010 I'm going to show you two city mosaiques, one at daytime, one at nighttime. Both stretch from the northwest to the southeast.

Enjoy the mosaiques :D !

M1:

this mosaique ranges from Zhōngyāng chēzhàn to Shuǐjīng gōngyuán (2 stations, the first one from LCRT, the secound one from LCU)

M2:
This mosaique ranges from the downtown to the southern city.

Greetings from Lòng Chèng, Skimbo :)

~Red Zone~

travismking

Really like this MD, love how it mostly focuses on the rail lines :)

Battlecat

Sadly it was a busy weekend, otherwise I would have caught your last post!  The airport looks great, but I agree that the runway is a touch on the short side.  The mosaic looks excellent, that's a great looking urban core.