• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

Quote from: dragonshardz on March 11, 2008, 04:22:47 PM
You mean PS-P, right?

Hover over the acronym if you're confused.

~~Dragonshardz~~

was this msg for me or jp?
anyway its not photoshop. its corel photo paint-a step down from photohop in my opinion

i may use this texture in one of my road constructions lots. ill keep you all informed.

dragonshardz

It was or you. and PS-P stands for PaintShop Pro, made by corel.

Crissa

Photo Paint is lesser than Paintshop Pro...

-Crissa

j-dub

paint.net is free to own, and easy to learn and use. The program is basically a free photoshop, and loads a lot quicker, which is great for texturing, because that alone can take time, but a little late to suggest that though. It seems alot of people want in on doing texture work here.
Quote from: el_cozui have an idea... i just came with it right now

how about making the AAM (avenue addon mod)... just like the streets... different asphalt textures... and different meddians!

it would be awesome... along with the TLAs... waaa... i hope it comes true
el_cozu hits it right on the head. Is this going to turn into AAM? Where there will be more than one set of avenue textures perhaps ones with center turn lanes, or is this an exclussive project?

el_cozu

Quote from: j-dub on March 14, 2008, 08:33:19 AM

el_cozu hits it right on the head. Is this going to turn into AAM? Where there will be more than one set of avenue textures perhaps ones with center turn lanes, or is this an exclussive project?

no... it is not exclussive... I actually said this idea just to give the NAM team another project to start anytime.

I dont know... maybe after the RHW v 21 they can start on this project... since they are just overrides like the TLAs and the SAM... then... i dont think is hard to make this project come true...

Is just a starting point... ideas...  &idea... then... it turns to photoshopped images... then into textures and transit lots... etc... until someday it will be out on the next nam XD

jplumbley

Quote from: el_cozu on March 14, 2008, 10:08:23 AM
Is just a starting point... ideas...  &idea... then... it turns to photoshopped images... then into textures and transit lots... etc... until someday it will be out on the next nam XD

You should read the original post of this thread... It explains what Tarkus and I have been discussing and planning for this project.  It wont be renamed to "AAM" it will stay TLA and there will be Wider Avenues aswell which will be bundled with this project together.  We are working on getting a few things together on this already, it is one of the higher priority projects right now ahead of RHW v21 and SAM v3.   ;)

Who knows how far we will get with it off the start, but we will see something more than likely with the next release of NAM Products, whenever that may be.  &idea

We have ideas coming out the you know what and just not enough time for us to implement our ideas... We have envisioned quite a bit of things, some you guys havent even mentioned yet.   ::)
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jplumbley

For those who are wanting to learn how to Transit Texture... I have made a basic tutorial to read before you get too deep into it.  Follow this link:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4140.msg129985;topicseen#msg129985
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

tacall

hi i'm new in this forum, how do this proyect goes??

pd sorry for my english

rickmastfan67

Quote from: tacall on March 22, 2008, 11:39:53 AM
hi i'm new in this forum, how do this proyect goes??

It's still being worked on.  Tarkus will be posting updates when he can. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

nerdly_dood

Posting from my hotel in Barcelona :D

I have not seen ONE SINGLE TLA in spain since i got here last wendesday!  Not one in Madrid, Sevilla, Granada, Córdoba, Costa del Sol or Barcelona!  BUT! I have seen here in Barcelona an 10-lane undivided road or avenue or whatever you wanna call it with lanes that can be reversed at different times, with directions given by lighted signs over the lanes.  I am SURE that this really is what i think it is because there are sets of orange arrows pointing both directions in the lane.  There are six such lanes.  They have different sorts of lines indicating them..between the two center lanes, there is a really long dashed double white line.  One lane out, and also indicating the edge of the outermost switchable lane, there is a double dashed white line the same length as the one indicating parallel traffic.

I do not have any pictures available yet, but I will post them as soon as I can.

-said the nerd
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

redraider147

yeah, we have that in arlington, texas (near where the new dallas cowboys stadium is being built). it really helps for traffic flow...it works much like some of the HOV lanes. where you take up a lane on the side going opposite direction of the majority of traffic to add the HOV in. This is can be see on I-30 in Dallas, and on I-495 (the LIE) in NYC.

nerdly_dood

Also I have seen that on I-395 in the Washington, DC metro area, but that is a separate set of lanes with either grass or jersey barriers separating them from the lanes that are always going the same direction.

Working on getting ahold of the pictures.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Orange Julius

I kind of imagine the MAVE-4 as avenues that are carbon copies of SimCity Societies roads. Am I right?  :)
Gone now...

dragonshardz

vistla

I'm very excited about this particular project, and am looking forward to it's release. I was wondering, however, if the new avenues will show up in the regional view, or not (like the RHW)? If not,....does anyone know why?

Tarkus

vistla, to answer your question, yes, the new avenues that are part of this project will show up in the Regional Transport View, as they're based on the Road network.  The issue with the RHW is that it's based on a "hidden" network that Maxis left incomplete, so they didn't program it to show up in the region map.

Hope that answers your question!

-Alex (Tarkus)

cammo2003

The one question I did have has been answered by your table in the OP.

(I was going to ask about the possibility of something akin to the MAVE-6... I saw the table and thought to check. Whaddayaknow... No rush of course, get the normal stuff functioning first, but just thought you'd want to know that there is indeed demand for it at least here... Also looking forward to the ordinary AVE-6 and MAVE-4 as well as AVE-2.

Again, no rush, get the important parts functional first (as in the actual TLAs). Speaking of which, great work thus far!

vistla

Starmanw402007

Just Curious, How are u guys coming along with the TLA Project? havent heard anything in a while on it as far as updates goes.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on April 27, 2008, 05:54:26 PM
Just Curious, How are u guys coming along with the TLA Project? havent heard anything in a while on it as far as updates goes.

It's kind of been on the backburner, due to other projects.  We'll get back to this one soon. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)