• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

what a big tease =P

great progress by the way =)

- Allan Kuan

cyruswu

great progress. Can't wait for it to come..
And when will it come out??

Just a friendly reminder--please check the FAQ, which is stickied to the top of every page of the thread.  None of the NAM Projects have release dates.  We like to surprise people. :-) -Alex

yoshiisland2

:o :o ;D

Am I allowed to say freaking sweet? ::)  Great progress though!! &apls &apls

You are.  -Alex

I am?  Great! ;D

millenium

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 17, 2008, 08:49:46 AM

I'm such a tease, aren't I?  ::)

There is also a MAVE-6, but I'm dealing with the MAVE-4 first. It should theoretically be possible to combine a MAVE-6 and MAVE-4 to provide a MAVE-5... it just means a single-sided override drag.

I remember that Right Turn Lane in Sim City 3000. When i got SC4 I was pretty disappointed that the diagnoal road right turn lane wasnt on there. The One Tile four lane would work really great for a lot of people in especially crowded residential neighborhoods. Atleast it looks like its one tile. Upgrading a two lane road to a four lane road without having to demolish buildings would be a great advantage. Great Job!  :)

JoeST

hey millenium

what you say about upgrading a 2 to a 4 lane road:

I believe the medianless avenue you see in the picture you quoted takes up 2 tiles. Pity, and maybe they were planning on making a 4 lane road too... %confuso

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jplumbley

Quote from: JoeST on June 24, 2008, 01:23:32 PM
hey millenium

what you say about upgrading a 2 to a 4 lane road:

I believe the medianless avenue you see in the picture you quoted takes up 2 tiles. Pity, and maybe they were planning on making a 4 lane road too... %confuso

Joe

There will be a TLA-3 (one tile), but as for 4-lane one tile... There simply is not enough space on the tile to do such a thing and have a sidewalk.  The other thing is a 4-Lane single tile network still would have the same capacity of a 2-laned single network because capacity is based off of the tile, not the number of lanes.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

Would it be too much to ask to see if there are plans for TLA-4? like you have two parallel lanes going north, then the turning lane, and then a single lane going south? Cause there's one of those in Salem, VA going east/west. (It's not much of a big deal, but I'd be interested if I could get more uneven, like 6 north lanes and 1 south lane...)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sincitybaby

There is also one in Downtown Omaha, 10th St.

I really can't wait for the OWR-3

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on June 26, 2008, 11:21:49 AM
Would it be too much to ask to see if there are plans for TLA-4? like you have two parallel lanes going north, then the turning lane, and then a single lane going south? Cause there's one of those in Salem, VA going east/west. (It's not much of a big deal, but I'd be interested if I could get more uneven, like 6 north lanes and 1 south lane...)

There's one of those about five blocks from where I currently live, too.  I won't rule out the possibility of ATLAs (Asymmetrical TLAs) eventually being made, but I'd say the chances are rather slim. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

allan_kuan1992

you kinda have to allow Tarkus to finish the main parts of the projects before adding on requests, as RL can make it impossible to finish things, which delays the project's release date even further. There hasn't been ever a NWM release, so be patient, as we (well at least I) want some of the basic functionality done and released before we move on to other grander projects.

- Allan Kuan

deion30296

I hope I can call you Alex...

What you guys have done is just splendid. One question: "WHEN" it comes out will the public be able to make roadtop mass transit for it?
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Shadow Assassin

Yes, they can make roadtop mass transit for it. It just means you have to know the path that's needed, I suppose.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

cammo2003

I'm glad to hear that, because the AVE-2 could work well as a busway platform with an appropriate lot and props.

I'm also liking the MAVE-4, and I'm glad to hear of a MAVE-6 in the works.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI won't rule out the possibility of ATLAs (Asymmetrical TLAs) eventually being made, but I'd say the chances are rather slim. 

It may be possible to have a MAVE-5... just got to do the overrides for it. :P
New Horizons Productions

deion30296

Very promising. As a city planner (Not in RL), I will do my best to save space for upgrades to the AVE-5, and OW-3 in my CBD. :)  &hlp
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Edgware

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 17, 2008, 08:49:46 AM

I'm such a tease, aren't I?  ::)

There is also a MAVE-6, but I'm dealing with the MAVE-4 first. It should theoretically be possible to combine a MAVE-6 and MAVE-4 to provide a MAVE-5... it just means a single-sided override drag.

It looks like the MAVE has a dashed white line in the middle.  Are you guys also planning on making a double yellow line version?  Or is that just the euro version?
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

Kitsune

I think for the MAV-4, turning lanes for every intersection would be great.
~ NAM Team Member

Shadow Assassin

It looks like the MAVE has a dashed white line in the middle.  Are you guys also planning on making a double yellow line version?  Or is that just the euro version?

That's the Euro version. I just deal better with Euro roads, that's all. :P
New Horizons Productions

NewYorker05

Can you show pictures of the 5 lane 1-way and pictures of the 4 and 6 lane MAVE please ? (with american striping) :)

Edgware

okay thats good.  projects coming along nicely.  i've seen many mave-4's in rl, but i have yet to see a mave-6.  in my opinion, in real life that would be very dangerous if it's a high speed road.  But in sim city, since everyone seems to follow the speed limit, and d&d doesn't seem to exist, it should be fine.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia