• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cape44

Hi,
thanks JoeST, it's in fact CasperVgs Modular Pking SET. but these "file has been locked for Administrative purposes:'( on the SETX. Is aynabody knows another links?  :thumbsup:

Thanks for answer.  ()stsfd()

- capeside44 ;)
My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

Fatsuhono

I don't hit mean to be stupid ( :P ), but I am wondering. If you have wider networks in-game, why is it not released? Still I wish you good luck. :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Fatsuhono on August 03, 2008, 08:59:57 PM
I don't hit mean to be stupid ( :P ), but I am wondering. If you have wider networks in-game, why is it not released? Still I wish you good luck. :)

Because we still have quite a few things to work out with the wider networks before they're ready for public consumption, especially on the front of intersections and diagonals. ;) It's been a lengthy and complicated process, but it will (hopefully :D) be worth it.

Hope that answers your question. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Fatsuhono

It does answer, thank you! :) Good luck for this project!  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

@ Casper:  No, not a BLaM parking lot - Pat used the XD parking lot textures/props on the LEX and the STEX.

@ SA:  Great picture!  All the advice you need for American textures is that you can just turn the white solid lines that are down the middle yellow, including leading up to/just after the MAVE/AVE transition depending on which direction you're coming from; leave the ones indicating parallel traffic or the edge of the road white. Also, the fast dashed line on the street intersection is usually just a stop bar on the right side of the road; fast dashed lines (always white) are used for turning lanes and accel/decel lanes on highways.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Patricius Maximus

MAVEs with American textures would increase realism in my cities.

On another note, this is just an idea for the future of the NWM:

MIS connections for roads and ARDs.

Such as this:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=36.54731&lon=-87.290482&zoom=18.

Notice a MIS ramp coming out of a road, like the RHW B-ramps, and the ramp merges into another road to form an ARD-3.

I was just searching around, and I thought it was a good example of NWM ideas.

Streetlight 725

sim-al2

AHEM...
QuoteNWM PROJECT
Current Status--No public version available.

That should clear up any confusion. Please refrain from posting "where can I get this" posts in the future. That includes other threads and people too.(I'm not trying to pick on you)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Streetlight 725

Shadow Assassin

It usually helps if you read the first post (it's pinned at the top of every page in this topic) to learn everything that you need to know about the NWM. ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

allan_kuan1992

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on August 05, 2008, 07:03:17 AM
MIS connections for roads and ARDs.

Such as this:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=36.54731&lon=-87.290482&zoom=18.

Notice a MIS ramp coming out of a road, like the RHW B-ramps, and the ramp merges into another road to form an ARD-3.

Err... SA's slip ramps will do something similar i believe, and you could also use the RHWMIS to create that.

As much as Tarkus and SA can develop these things, they have very limited time to do so. So it'd be best to use what's available (improvise). Remember, this is a game, and is not intended to represent everything available in the real world.

- Allan Kuan

Patricius Maximus

QuoteAs much as Tarkus and SA can develop these things, they have very limited time to do so. So it'd be best to use what's available (improvise). Remember, this is a game, and is not intended to represent everything available in the real world.

I am fully aware of that. I just like to post interesting things here because it may give someone an idea...

That's why I did not make it a request. I do improvise the best I can. However, I like to see what's going on, follow the development progress, and provide feedback when needed.

Shadow Assassin

Don't worry, I'll find lots of good stuff to throw into the game: it just takes time to add them. The thing about RULing is well... it tends to be a little tedious and involves a lot of copying-and-pasting. For instance, the MAVE is actually copied and pasted from the TLA-5 code... just with different IIDs.

Allan: would you believe it if I said that would be possible to do very easily in-game with a little RULing? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Simpson

Wow SA your work is superb it's looking very good  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

j-dub

Slip lanes are awesome. With the current MIS, slip lanes that length like in the map are Already possible for regular Roads, after you demolish the straight away piece and leave the ramp transition there. You just won't have any direct lanes connnecting to it afterward, and it involves plopping T road intersection puzzle pieces where the ramp ends.

Streetlight 725

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Just an idea ,but maybe you can place a light rail track in the median of the AVE-2.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Tarkus

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on August 18, 2008, 12:57:29 PM
Just an idea ,but maybe you can place a light rail track in the median of the AVE-2.

There may be something along those lines in the works . . . we'll see. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Owen Luby

Wow guys, excellent progress!!

SA, you'd be familiar with the 6-lane "goat tracks" that radiate from Sydney, basically those 6 lane avenues with a very thin concrete barrier replacing the double white lines. It'd be quite intersting to see if they would work in this mod.

Thank you for your amazing work and time that you spend doing this... It's appreciated!
I want SC4 back!!