• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan B.

What Haljackey said.  Override networking is some of the most difficult transit modding in SC4.

io_bg

And which will be the networks which will be in the first release?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

deathtopumpkins

I believe Alex said at one point that most likely it would just be the 1-tile networks in the first release, but I might be mistaken.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

io_bg

Thanks... I was secretly hoping that the ave 6 will be in the first release.

metarvo

Really, I'll probably definitely be glad for the first release whenever it comes.  It's the OWR-3 and TLA-3 that I'm really looking forward to anyway.  Even if some NWM elements are finding their way into the RHW, and I'm happy that they are, one big difference to always remember is RCI functionality.  That's my dream right now.  I'm already planning to use the OWR-3 as a "temporary" AVE-6 until the real thing is ready, as long as the OWR-3 is released before the AVE-6.

Keep up the good work, Alex and all, and take all of the time necessary to make this as good as it can be.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

OWR-3 + RHW/MIS connection = Texas frontage road!

Now that's what I'm excited about, folks.

aaaling

Can you include pictures of the MAVE-4 and the MAVE 6?

aaaling

Ryan B.

aaaling:  Please edit your first post in the future instead of double posting.

Regarding the pictures you requested, I'm not even sure how far along the MAVE-4/6 are.

Tarkus

Well, my plan has been to not show any development pics in public until the day of the release.  ;)  We like to surprise people. ;)

(And no, that does not mean we're close or anything, though things are progressing steadily behind closed doors. :))

-Alex

Korot

Continuating on Tarkus: It does mean that he wants to avoid a situation as there was with the RHW 3.0 shortly before it was released: people demanding it's release, causing the thread to be closed. We don't want that happening here, do we?

However, Tarkus, we have been good lately, so could you please so us just one teaser, just one itsy pitsy tiny teaser?

mike3775

The way I see it, if the people do not want to give a teaser, they should not feel pressured to give a teaser at all. 

I can see the following occurring:

Someone posts a teaser, a few days later, someone asks for another teaser and so on and so on.

I can wait until its released to find out all that I need to know.

choco

the irony in that post is astounding......

besides, all the time Tarkus would take to post a teaser could be used to finish the mod quicker.... ;)

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

Haljackey

Perhaps if I posted a couple more pics, would that suffice?   ::)

Click for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Hope you enjoyed it!  :P
-Haljackey

io_bg

Of course we enjoyed these pictures! They're great! :thumbsup:

aaaling

Quote from: burgsabre87 on April 28, 2009, 01:01:23 PM
aaaling:  Please edit your first post in the future instead of double posting.

Regarding the pictures you requested, I'm not even sure how far along the MAVE-4/6 are.

I'm just making sure not anyone else could post a pic.

aaaling

Quote from: Tarkus on April 28, 2009, 03:38:35 PM
Well, my plan has been to not show any development pics in public until the day of the release.  ;)  We like to surprise people. ;)

(And no, that does not mean we're close or anything, though things are progressing steadily behind closed doors. :))

-Alex

Well then, why did you post pics of the TLA 3,5, and 7?

lf420

Quote from: Haljackey on April 29, 2009, 03:25:28 PM
Perhaps if I posted a couple more pics, would that suffice?   ::)

Click for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Hope you enjoyed it!  :P
-Haljackey

NOM

What's that big building in the pics?