• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Awesome! The stubs look great!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Altanore

That look great in towns/cities. Great work.  &apls

manchou

Dave, tour picture is very beautiful ! Great job  &apls :thumbsup:
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Starmanw402007

Outstanding job your doing on the NWM guys!!! I'm really looking forward to it's first release whenever that is LOL. Keep Up the great work and keep those updates coming!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on April 30, 2010, 03:18:19 PM
Outstanding job your doing on the NWM guys!!! I'm really looking forward to it's first release whenever that is LOL. Keep Up the great work and keep those updates coming!!

I second the sentiment...  $%Grinno$%  ::)

Jack  :satisfied:

Jack_wilds

Quote from: superhands on April 27, 2010, 06:29:55 PM

Teaser time:

Mave-6 x Mave-6 X intersection:

-Dave
I like this very much; really promising, should transform many a sim-city downtown - another 'well-done' for all working on this...  &apls  :thumbsup:

Jack  :satisfied:

marsh

citybuilderx

This will be amazing when in comes - the possibilities are endless (nearly). Great work!  &apls
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

SimNation

Nice Jawb thus far. Always a treat to see some of the progress made. You might kill off some RHW use for some people with all these urban networks if you not careful    :D

Nexis4Jersey

SamJam

Quote from: superhands on April 27, 2010, 06:29:55 PM

Teaser time:

Mave-6 x Mave-6 X intersection:

-Dave
Couldn't help but notice that the lights are green in both directions... yikes! :o

All the new screen shots look awesome. It's so great to see this project on a roll again. This will be the bestest network update of all time, and that includes the RHW, IMHO. I'm more excited to play than I was seven years ago. Congrats to the whole team on doing such an incredible job, and thanks so much for all your hard work!!!  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Thanks for all the kind words and support, everyone!

Quote from: SamJam on May 03, 2010, 12:15:17 AM
Couldn't help but notice that the lights are green in both directions... yikes! Shocked

Great to see you around, SamJam! :)  Fortunately, the green issue has been fixed now.  That particular intersection hadn't gotten stop points yet when the pic was taken . . . it does now, however, so it'll work properly upon release.

-Alex

Nego

Nice to see how well this project is coming along, Tarkus . Fixing bugs early to ensure minimal problems upon release. :thumbsup: Nice work. &apls

I'd also like to thank everyone who is who is working on and supporting the NWM project. It's what you do that keeps SimCity 4 alive today!  ;D :) ;) &apls :thumbsup: &hlp :sunny:

:)

SamJam

Quote from: Tarkus on May 03, 2010, 03:51:33 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and support, everyone!

Great to see you around, SamJam! :)  Fortunately, the green issue has been fixed now.  That particular intersection hadn't gotten stop points yet when the pic was taken . . . it does now, however, so it'll work properly upon release.

-Alex

It was more of a sarcastic comment, really  ::) ...from what I'd read I was under the impression that traffic signals wouldn't be implemented for this release so it's just one more really positive aspect that I'm taking from this. It's good to check in again now that I have a lighter work schedule and the NWM is looking unbelievable. When I played before I wasn't overly concerned about how to build because the project seemed so distant, and then came the hiatus... but for the first time since I purchased the game I'm hesitant about how to build when I'm constantly drooling over what's to come. I'm starting to plan ahead more, which is something I told myself I would never do (I enjoy playing on the fly and having to work around my own network-created limitations) but you guys are totally turning the game on its ear!  ;D

MattyFo

WOW!!!progress is going very well here with the NWM! I can't wait for release, and I would also like to second what Nego, said you guys are doing a great job in making SC4 such a great game for these many years!!! &apls

One question though, the chart in the sticky at the top of the page says that the MAVE-4 will be dual tile, however, in all of the pictures that I have seen it appears to only cover 1 tile.  Is it going to be a dual tile like all other avenues or will it just be 1 tile, like roads?

Fingers are crossed that it is 1 tile,  I'd love to clear up my congested roads without having to bulldoze my Sims home and buissneses :D

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

strucka

I got the impression that eventually there will be N-MAVE4 which will be 1 tile, but not sure if this is going to be the same thing.

Tarkus

Quote from: SamJam on May 06, 2010, 09:37:19 AM
I'm starting to plan ahead more, which is something I told myself I would never do (I enjoy playing on the fly and having to work around my own network-created limitations)

You're not alone on that--I've found myself doing the same thing ever since I started modding, actually. :D 

Quote from: SamJam on May 06, 2010, 09:37:19 AM
but you guys are totally turning the game on its ear!  ;D

Just doing our job.  :satisfied:  Thanks for the kind words!

Quote from: MattyFo on May 06, 2010, 09:51:49 AM
One question though, the chart in the sticky at the top of the page says that the MAVE-4 will be dual tile, however, in all of the pictures that I have seen it appears to only cover 1 tile.  Is it going to be a dual tile like all other avenues or will it just be 1 tile, like roads?

Fingers are crossed that it is 1 tile,  I'd love to clear up my congested roads without having to bulldoze my Sims home and buissneses :D

The MAVE-4 is a dual-tile network, though it probably hasn't seemed that apparent since most of the pics of it thus far have had the grid turned off.  This overview pic showing all 10 networks in the first release will perhaps illustrate it a little better:

However, as strucka mentioned, there is also a single-tile NMAVE-4 planned.  It won't be in the first release, however. 

-Alex

Terring7

Quote from: Tarkus on May 06, 2010, 11:07:33 AMJust doing our job.  :satisfied:

And what a job! :) &apls :thumbsup:

Those new roads looks like chocolate for me... and i love chocolate ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

MattyFo

Quote from: Tarkus on May 06, 2010, 11:07:33 AM

However, as strucka mentioned, there is also a single-tile NMAVE-4 planned.  It won't be in the first release, however. 

ARG! thats too bad, but it seems as though the 3 lane roads may do the trick, as most traffic in my city seems to go in only one direction(all leading out of town :D)....will the 2 laned side be interchangable? For example to have the westbound lane as two lanes on one road, but on another road have eastbound as the 2 lanes.......hope that makes sense? :P

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Tarkus

Quote from: MattyFo on May 06, 2010, 12:44:32 PM
will the 2 laned side be interchangable? For example to have the westbound lane as two lanes on one road, but on another road have eastbound as the 2 lanes.......hope that makes sense? :P

Yes, absolutely--just rotate the starter piece until you get the configuration you want.  All the intersections and puzzle pieces (curves and transitions) for the ARD-3 are designed to work for both configurations.  It's basically set up kinda similar to the RHW-4 in that regard.

-Alex