• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: cheezebs on May 11, 2010, 04:11:36 PM
When I am trying to place my roads the cursor never turns green, it stays red.  ()what() Am i supposed to build a road and then place it over that? But even then it doesn't turn green. I've tried to do everything I can but it just doesn't turn green. Can I get some advise that will help me solve this problem? That would be great if anyone could help me out.   :thumbsup:

You've got the "Red Arrow Bug", which is a sign of an improper installation and the presence of outdated files conflicting with your new installation.  See here

Quote from: starfinder9659 on May 11, 2010, 04:43:42 PM
on the Turning Lane Avenue, lanes and the turning lane road and I am in udi mode and I have my car locked to the road the car always turns in to that little turning lane and I can not do anything about it, then the car fades away and udi mode is funished! also the normal traffic is always going into that lane and dissapering? why?

thank you

That's a known side-effect of the crossover paths.  It is recommended that you turn off "snap to road" when using UDI on TLA networks.

-Alex

starfinder9659

but what about the traffic...they zig zag all over the road and dissapear?

SamJam

Quote from: Wilfried on May 11, 2010, 04:43:28 AM
Now that the OWR-4 is available for everyone, could you guys do an 'OWR-4-to-Dual-OWR-2' splitter like the one from RHW-8 to dual RHW-4?

I second this. I was actually planning on posting this myself but Willy beat me to it. I thought pieces like this were going to be included, but thinking back I probably had it confused with the RHW in my mind. OWR-4 splitters would help a great deal in a number of circumstances, not the least of which would be when they intersect with a diagonal network. For that matter, the OWR-5 could split into a OWR/OWR-3 as well, but I don't want to get ahead of myself... the OWR-4 splitter would be a huge problem-solver.

But that being said, this massive release has been even more impactful on my social life that I had originally anticipated, LMAO!!! I don't recall ever seeing sunlight on Sunday! Everyone has done a stellar job on this whole project and it has truly been a game-changer. Thanks again.  ;D &apls

rushman5

Yes yes yes!!! That is the one piece missing from the magnificent puzzle that was certainly worth waiting for.  :thumbsup:

doorknob60

Wow, took me 2 days to notice this (and the new NAM) was released :( All the wasted time....oh well, time to have some fun!! Thanks Alex and the whole NAM team!! :D
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

jdenm8

This is copied from the NAM bugs thread

Okay... I was UDIing this afternoon and drove over one of the NWM's new ARD wide curves to have UDI end when I drove onto the piece. Curious, I tried again and it happened again. I then turned the drawpaths cheat on to find this:

(Excuse the menu, I think that might be why you lot are completely ignoring my repeated bug reports)

I re-plopped the piece, experienced lag, and wham! No paths.

I use the LHD plugin and yes, I have the newest version of everything installed.

EDIT: I have tested this piece and this bug occurs on all rotations. I have also discovered pathing problems on other puzzle pieces. Virtually every piece except all of the other 45-degree curves, the small 90 degree curves and all of the S-curves have a similar problem. I will post screenshots soon.

All pieces suspect pieces:

Other pieces I tried:

Leanne Colinder is not my name BTW.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: starfinder9659 on May 11, 2010, 07:55:03 PM
but what about the traffic...they zig zag all over the road and dissapear?

Same thing--it's a side-effect of the crossover paths that pops up from time-to-time.

jdenm8, those pieces are looking to be working properly on my end, at least in RHD mode, and as there isn't any LHD path remapping going on for them to the best of my knowledge, so it should just be automatically reversing them without issue in LHD mode.  I'll take a look in LHD mode to see if there's something fishy going on.

Edit: Just confirmed in LHD.  I don't entirely understand why it isn't working--there's nothing apparent.  I'll keep investigating.

-Alex

Neofita

I do not know how it works road TLA.
Turn preview paths and this is the difference between the street and TLA.
Where to use this road and why has such a twisted path.I ask because I do not know.  ()stsfd()

io_bg

The paths are twisted in order to make the sims able to cross the whole avenue. I think you can see such avenues only in the USA, I don't think there are any of this sort Europe.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

vistla

Man, this is SOOO F*%$#@! Cool!!!!!!!! Between the NWM, the new NAM, and RHW 4.0, I'm experiencing a bit of sensery overload! It's almost too much all at once. All of these new toys, I can't even decide where to begin. I'm going to have to call in sick from work for a few days so I can play with them. Big THANX to everyone envolved in all of these. WOW! &apls

j-dub

Only in the USA? Haljackey will probably tell you don't forget Canada, the only difference is Canada puts the dashed lines outside the solid lines in the center. Living in the USA however, I can tell you first hand about close encounters on real TLA-5s. There seems to be a lot more tendency to cut traffic off on this TLA-5 network in real life, where as I have not seen so much of that attitude take place on real TLA-3s.

starfinder9659

I know this is not part of the nwm, but I thought alex would know the answer, the question is that on the tulep, there is white pavement on the plopped tulep puzzle piece, even though you might have a sidewalk mod installed, is there a way so that the tuleps puzzle pieces will match the sidewalk mod I have installed?

thanks

woodb3kmaster

Thank you, NAM team, for all your hard work on the NWM! I have one question for you for now: Are you planning to make a MAVE-6 to dual OWR-3 puzzle piece for a future release? Such a piece would be useful to those of us who want to make wide-median "avenues" with the OWR-3.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

superhands

infact woodb3kmaster i already have the texture made for that one which will be available sooner than later $%Grinno$%

Starmanw402007

Just a ? concerning mave-3 to road transitions. I was wondering are we able to put traffic restrictions signs in the middle of them using the Lot editor? Just wondering about that.
cause I been thinking about doing that with all my cities i build.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Varrock City
(Maxiston City,Steven Point)
Proud to be cities of Sim Nation!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

metarvo

This is a dream come true!  :thumbsup:  It's a whole new game now, thanks to the true devotion of the NAM team.  I could spend a good week or two just flipping through the TAB rings, while enjoying every minute of it.  Good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: superhands on May 12, 2010, 11:04:20 PM
infact woodb3kmaster i already have the texture made for that one which will be available sooner than later $%Grinno$%
Fantastic! Thanks, superhands!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Ryan B.

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on May 13, 2010, 01:02:23 PM
Just a ? concerning mave-3 to road transitions. I was wondering are we able to put traffic restrictions signs in the middle of them using the Lot editor? Just wondering about that.
cause I been thinking about doing that with all my cities i build.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Varrock City
(Maxiston City,Steven Point)
Proud to be cities of Sim Nation!!

These will be taken care of in an upcoming cosmetic mod.  Can't say when, though - we like to surprise people!