• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Quote from: debutterfly on October 29, 2007, 09:21:40 AM
You guys love to put out major modds at the end of months. Is that not true? i.e. NAM, RHW... so I predict a release for Halloween. And this is for your hard work.  &apls

I gaurentee a release before Halloween 2008.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

no plumbey youre keeping their hopes up you know its going to be 2010 to the earliest  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

debutterfly

Quote from: star.torturer on October 29, 2007, 09:43:04 AM
Never predict the release dates... LOL  You will only ever be disappointed. I wish that was the case also  ;D

But yes I also do appreciate your work greatly... it was the only thing that got me into playing SC4 again

Tarkus said sooner than you think...so it'll be a great treat to put in your trick or treat bag if it comes out on Halloween...I'm patient enough to never get disappointed...the modds make SC4 even grander to play though.

Filasimo

if thats the case Alex will release it 2009..... ;)
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Sooner than you think?  I said that? ???  Oh wait, I did. :D  Define "sooner".   $%Grinno$%

Thanks for the compliments debutterfly, glad you're enjoying what you've seen here.  Unfortunately, nothing on the RHW or TLA is far enough along for a Halloween 2007 release--RL's been beating up on me pretty badly the past week.  It's not quite that soon.  I was thinking 2011. $%Grinno$%  Besides, I haven't even begun my usual teasing cycle.  :P

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

@Alex so i guess your term of sooner means later  :D
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

I guess it does, Ryan.  I need time to properly "ramp up" my incessant teasing, if you know what I mean. ;)

The good news is, I'll back with some TLA development screenies later.  And by later, I mean sooner than "sooner".  In the next couple of days, depending on RL.

-Alex

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Tarkus on October 29, 2007, 02:09:29 PM
Sooner than you think?  I said that? ???  Oh wait, I did. :D  Define "sooner".   $%Grinno$%

Thanks for the compliments debutterfly, glad you're enjoying what you've seen here.  Unfortunately, nothing on the RHW or TLA is far enough along for a Halloween 2007 release--RL's been beating up on me pretty badly the past week.  It's not quite that soon.  I was thinking 2011. $%Grinno$%  Besides, I haven't even begun my usual teasing cycle.  :P

-Alex (Tarkus)

2011??  I think anything sooner than Halloween 2015 would be a pipedream with all the textures I still need to do for the RHW system. lol. :D :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

jplumbley

Hmmm...

I dont know where people are thinking we will be releasing a new NAM on Halloween (Tomorrow), we havent even got the TLA fully working, RHW MIS is "almost" ready for pre-BETA, I havent even gotten to the SAM textures I have been given to add and... well, ArkenbergeJoe just made a poll yesturday saying which one would you like first?  Then we still have to package and compile everything together.  We cant do all that work in the next 24 hours.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Hey now thats an idea... Trick or Treat NAM ghost.  Almost like DTs April Fools Vault.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

Exactly WHAT would a NAM ghost be?  Replacing the Euro interchange model with a skull?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

jplumbley

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 31, 2007, 12:14:14 PM
Exactly WHAT would a NAM ghost be?  Replacing the Euro interchange model with a skull?

A joke.  A release in which had nothing in it just to play a joke.  hehehe...

People have been trying to predict a NAM on Halloween, but it just isnt happening.  As I said the other day in the SAM thread, there is still work to be done and it will be a consolidated release of NAM/SAM/RHW, so you guys will be happy.

We would like to participate in the SC4D B-Day Bash... but that has yet to be determined, there is no release date.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Haljackey

Well, whenever it comes, Christmas, New Years, next years New Years, I am sure we will all be happy about it  :thumbsup:

Keep up the excellent work!
-Haljackey

mott

Quote from: Tarkus on May 07, 2007, 07:03:48 PM
The one issue with the AVE-6 is that actually putting props in the median like the normal Avenues will be extremely difficult. 

That's not a bug, it's a feature.  :)

BigSlark

Tarkus

Well, I may be able to work up some sort of new median setup for the AVE-6 and AVE-2, if people are interested.  I'm thinking cycledogg trees . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Shadow Assassin

Why not use the default Maxis props? I quite like them, especially the medium wealth ones in residential areas. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jplumbley

Quote from: Tarkus on October 31, 2007, 03:58:01 PM
Well, I may be able to work up some sort of new median setup for the AVE-6 and AVE-2, if people are interested.  I'm thinking cycledogg trees . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

Hey Alex, I have made a prop family in the NHP Prop Pack Vol 1 for Cycledoggs, single trees.  It might be useful for ya.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Quote from: Tarkus on October 31, 2007, 03:58:01 PM

Well, you could use the prop family that I created for the SFBT Street Tree Mod. This means you have one prop family, and you can decide which trees show up by installing one or more style plugins. It's basically the same technique that Pegasus used for the "One Flag, Many Nations" mod.
Andreas