• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

Quote from: j-dub on December 01, 2007, 07:05:25 PM
jplumbley, those are lookin great, but how does it work? Do the cars pull in up to the crosswalk while the light is still red? And if so, wouldn't this require some sort of yield or stopsign, or maybe changing/adding more signals? You wouldn't be able to see the light after you pull to the crosswalk.

Functionality before cosmetics.

Some would say I am more of an engineer before artist and they would probably be right.  My goal is to make sure something works and works properly before I put any effort into cosmetics.  I took these textures from an existing lot created by Lakeyboy.  He had issues quite a while ago with getting this to work properly.  I took his textures and have made them work.

Functionality before cosmetics.  If it doesnt work, no matter how good you make it look its still a piece of crap.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Ryan B.

Jason's right - he takes care of the engineering, and I take care of the cosmetics.  I've volunteered to take on the responsibility of getting these right-turn lanes compliant with United States pavement marking standards, and to ensure they'll fit wherever they're used.

I'm going to be starting on the textures probably in the next week . . . . and after that, they're done when they're done.

Filasimo

yes so relax, lurk the forums, have a soda, maybe grab a bite to eat everything is coming along nicely  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Crissa

Hey, if you merely need things rendered, remember that there are those of us that can do that, once you have some of the fidget stuff down.

Maya homework is eating my brain, trying to learn how to rig, but remember there's others about if you need help ^-^

-Crissa

nerdly_dood

Same here in America:  a red triangle with a white interior triangle and the word YIELD in the middle.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

so, referring to the first post on page eleven, you guys are going to attempt to have this out by SC4D's second birthday?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: dragonshardz on December 06, 2007, 10:35:48 PM
so, referring to the first post on page eleven, you guys are going to attempt to have this out by SC4D's second birthday?

Nah, if everything goes as planned, we should have a release out on SC4D's 15th Birthday and no sooner. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 07, 2007, 01:27:45 AM
Nah, if everything goes as planned, we should have a release out on SC4D's 15th Birthday and no sooner. :P

November 2021.  Sounds doable.   ()stsfd()

-Alex (Tarkus)

Starmanw402007

Let's not rush these guys with this project. I rather have it done right then yelling at my pc  :D $%Grinno$%, because of it crashing during the game :D. Just Keep Up the Great Work Guys! I'm looking forward to the next
update.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities of Sim Nation!)

P.S. I love my new rank  :thumbsup:. Councilman. Got that when I hit my 128th post.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

debutterfly

The NAM Team should have it's own motto. I like "It'll get done in time not on time." :D Also, how do you go about breaking your elbow Alex? Was it falling out of your chair because you stayed up too late playing SC4. ;) Btw great work and get well. "It'll get done in time not on time."  :P

Filasimo

@ Alex november 2021? now were getting too laxed  :D  i would say itll be released just in time for the next rapture  ::)
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

simzebu

Let's all remember that this is, in fact, a roadway project. If it were done on time, I'd be very suspicious... ;)
Anyway, I'd suggest we start raising the few million dollars that this will run over budget.  ;D
At least the NAM team will do it right, unlike most highway departments.  &sly
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

dragonshardz

not rushing, just hoping....patiently.

verrrry patiently.

anyhow, as long as it gets done right, when it gets done doesn't matter.

and isn't the budget more like hundreds of hours? since this is being done for free.

Andreas

Well, I wouldn't mind earning a few bucks... ;)

* Andreas hides in the corner and develops a budget plan
Andreas

Palpatine001

Budget whats a budget

(Opens the Budget Window in Simcity 4)

:o

OMG!

That can't be right

[See's transit department making a 535% profit]  :shocked2:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

nerdly_dood

There must be some kind of evil crime going on, Palp.

@Debutterfly:  that sounds like a good idea (but who am I to say so, i'm not a member of the NAM team)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Has anybody noticed this?
It looks like this is the concept of TLA, we all have it, its just it doesn't go well, because of the visual, unless a parking lot appears in front of them. This is the result of a road puzzle piece, it adds turning lanes, they work, but they lead nowhere, and the traffic light, hmmm. Is that why theres this new project? Well could you guys make more things like these pieces, except with stopsigns? Will these still be in the next NAM? Maybe if some other people tried this with the June Nam, to see if I'm not the only one. Its a road on slope doing this, then I delete the slope, then turn lanes.

jplumbley

Dude... I have started work on a new Turning Lanes Plugin, which is a separate project than this thread here.  You should post your suggestions in that thread not here.  This is the developement of the Turning Lane Avenues.

I have take a much different approach to making Optional left and right turn lanes to networks.  It is a much more complicated way of inplementing it but it will avoid any issues with Puzzle Piece CTDs and this is why I have elected to make them an override in the fashion that I have.  You will have to wait until I unviel to technique to draw them, but it is much easier than Puzzle Pieces and comes with less hazards.

I have an alpha somewhat ready.  I need to do some upgrades on textures and then later for a beta I will need to implement all the extra small things such as variations, extra compatability with other networks.  Lets just say... its getting there and will be ready in time you just need to be patient.  If you have visited the SAM thread in the psat two days you will notice that some action has been stirred in that thread and things are moving in the right direction.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

@ jdub: let the madd modder do his work  ;) til then please, sit back, relax, have a banana...or two.... everything is under control so hang tight!
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Quote from: Filasimo on December 13, 2007, 08:40:19 PM
everything is under control so hang tight!

That it is.  The TLA project has just kind of been on hiatus for awhile since everyone's been heavily entrenched in other projects (RHW v20 for me), and RL.  Once I get v20 closer to primetime, the TLA thread will start to pick up again.

And j-dub, no, that's not what this project is about, and I don't know how you could be having that problem, unless you're using stuff in ways it's not supposed to be used, or don't have the NAM installed properly.  You may want to reinstall and check the readme.  ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)